ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #42106
pfloydgad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
Great pics Luke, as usual.
Thanks again for getting this one started, it was super.
RSA,
Greg
pfloydgad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #42107
r-3350
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Luke , Looks like I missed a great ride but it was a wise decesion to leave early as my Strom battery did not have any more starts in it. I cannot complain though as it is the orginal battery for my 2005 Strom. Carl
r-3350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #42108
FatherX
demisocial

Oddometer: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Arramym has a few, I have a couple also. We'll get em up here as soon as we can.

Father X- Sorry about the wheelie behind you. My improvised glove setup folded over and slipped- popped the clutch. Surprised I didnt stall it. At least the cager next to me got a bit of a free show. Ooops.

NEVER apologize for a wheelie. That's like saying excuse me for farting in the bathroom
Old 12-03-2011, 06:13 PM   #42109
Dagny_Taggart
John Galt - 2014

Oddometer: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by r-3350 View Post
Luke , Looks like I missed a great ride but it was a wise decesion to leave early as my Strom battery did not have any more starts in it. I cannot complain though as it is the orginal battery for my 2005 Strom. Carl
You are my hero...6 years on a motorcycle battery? Way to go... But sorry I missed seeing you today. We saw lots of Pawnees and sailplanes over Caersar's Creek.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #42110
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
I'll get to ride with you all one of these days.

I don't understand these sellers. I assumed that by posting a bike for sale and having folks come look at it, you would be prepared to sell it. So far two sellers have failed to have the title ready to go at the last possible minute. These guys are all excited, I'm excited, then I tell them I'll come to pick the bike up tomorrow... and all of a sudden they don't have the title and/or can't get it notarized in time.

Now I'm questioning myself, thinking I should wait till spring and hope for a wider variety.
I had the same problem when I bought my WR250R. The seller failed to mention he still had a lien on the bike. He gave me a hand written bill of sale and a had to wait almost a month for the title.

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #42111
r-3350
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagny_Taggart View Post
You are my hero...6 years on a motorcycle battery? Way to go... But sorry I missed seeing you today. We saw lots of Pawnees and sailplanes over Caersar's Creek.
What makes a motorcycle battery last a long time is constant usage. My Strom and the battery that failed me today has traveled 105,000 miles. Those old Piper Pawnees Ag planes have found new life towing sailplanes and banners. Did you ever notices that almost Piper airplanes are named after an American Indian tribe? Carl
r-3350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #42112
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfloydgad View Post
Great pics Luke, as usual.
Thanks again for getting this one started, it was super.
RSA,
Greg
Thankfully it all worked out just fine and yes the weather was great for riding. I'm glad Mike and Kevin showed up as they knew some cool areas I had not planned going thru. So a little bonus ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-3350 View Post
Amazing, both the milage and the battery life. Mine is on it's third battery but one of those was forgetting to turn of the heated grips before I rewired them to a fuse that was dead when I turned the key off. Glad you made it home and may that battery RIP.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:47 PM   #42113
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
I had to do an ATLS class today, so I was a prisoner until 6:30 PM and couldn't ride, but I'm riding tomorrow. I want to ride my DR. The local weather is saying high 56 with some rain in afternoon. I'm probably riding gravel in Monroe/Belmont/Noble, but will have to play nice with the orange-heads, but could be convinced into going someplace else.

Anybody have any interest?

vivid dadas screwed with this post 12-03-2011 at 06:54 PM
vivid dadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #42114
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagny_Taggart View Post
Almost forgot to add this.
2006 KLR650
Old 12-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #42115
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
I've never actually seen a glider/sailplane. I think that's a flatland activity.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #42116
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,027
One the guys on todays ride pointed out that my 640 was bleeding on the road. 1st though was Rob's bike dying roadside. Steve from

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasthomas View Post
There were some Dakar pants, some jerseys and a couple jackets. Traverse jacket, I think. Some stuff was orange, some grey.

Seems like the Klim guy never showed up so all they had was what they bought to start their stock.

Mathews travels were interesting, gave me many good ideas for our trip next summer and tips on what NOT to do.

Then Kevin at Rubber City Cycles gave me a bit of oil to help get my ailing 640 home, Thanks Kevin!

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #42117
QUICKDRAW
Bug Murderer

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
Seems like the Klim guy never showed up so all they had was what they bought to start their stock.
My suit will be here sometime before Thursday. Ride down and check it out sometime.

....Don't get complacent!
QUICKDRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:25 PM   #42118
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 855
Today's ride

Here's about the best I got from my phone
Attached Images

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #42119
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,527
Luke et al,

Nice pictures. Looks like a fine time was had by all, sorry I missed it...had I known what was going to happen today at work (I'm stuck here working over til 2 am) I do believe I would have called off. Anyway, I found the Corwin Nixon covered bridge but can you tell me where the old, dilapidated one can be found?

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #42120
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
I've never actually seen a glider/sailplane. I think that's a flatland activity.
Odd, one of the largest launching areas in New York is just outside Corning. Harris Hill, I used to ride my bike from Elmira to the top several times a week. They would launch the gliders on top of the hill then glide down to the airport down below. Pack the glider back up and drive it back up the hill.
Here's cool video someone shot of a flight off the hill. You can almost see my first apartment in the video.
2006 KLR650