ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #45541
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,704
I can't see how you bike guys do those distances on a bike seat? You definitely have my respect. My ass gives out long before my legs do. Off road is not as bad since I'm not on the seat as much, but pure road for any more that 3 hours has me in agony. Maybe I should take the seat off or try a trials bicycle that doesn't have one.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #45542
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Dang you guys are fast.
I didn't train anywhere near as much as I should have, but my longest race had me averaging 17.6 mph over the 56 biking miles. Of course, that was after 1.2 miles of swimming, and before 13.1 miles of running. I contemplated getting back into tri's, but I think this new dual-sport is going to take up all of my free-time this season.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #45543
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherX View Post
That's where I was when I was doing 60 a day and 100+ on Saturdays.

ABOUT a BILLION years ago
That's where I am now, but doing half those miles. If I buy another motorcycle this year, I expect those numbers to take a hit.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #45544
S2P
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
Could have met for lunch.

I was by your office on Tuesday and saw the 950 out front. I had been over at Perry Schools visiting.

WR 426
TTR 125
S2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #45545
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Dang you guys are fast.
I didn't train anywhere near as much as I should have, but my longest race had me averaging 17.6 mph over the 56 biking miles. Of course, that was after 1.2 miles of swimming, and before 13.1 miles of running. I contemplated getting back into tri's, but I think this new dual-sport is going to take up all of my free-time this season.
Well yeah, doing all that other crazy stuff might have something to do with your on bike average.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #45546
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,317
Quote:
If you want to try, my friend Diana is 6' tall, owns a tandem bicycle (built for 2) and is always looking for a guy to ride bitch so she can rip their legs off. At least on the tandem, you won't get left behind. If that's too much, you can ride bitch on the back of her Hyabusa, she says 140 is slow, take from that what you can
I have an old Columbia tandem that I might restore someday, I'd actually like to put two sets of apehanges on it and make it sort of a rat tandem. Diana sounds fun in a scary sort of way.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #45547
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2P View Post
I was by your office on Tuesday and saw the 950 out front. I had been over at Perry Schools visiting.

Should have stopped, it's a public office and I'm usually inside being driven nuts by a couple of dunderheads.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #45548
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
Diana sounds fun in a scary sort of way.

I wouldn't think about putting any moves on her, she'd hurt you real bad, and not in a pleasurable way either!

Old 03-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #45549
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I'm thinking.

Can't be any worse than being tasered could it?

Old 03-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #45550
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiamondmike View Post
I saw that video a year or more ago and the upload date is from January 2010. If that is a 450, I believe it's just a wr450f with turn signals and the like. If Yamaha were actually building a 450 version with the low maintenance and reliablity of the wr250r, it would have been huge news -mike
Haven't they had the 450f for years?
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #45551
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Whitey, here's that picture I was talking about the other day; it's the downhill from that trail that runs up off of Bat's Nest, the first time you, Joe, and I rode together. That's the slippery ass rock, and Joe on the cell phone seeing if his wife had the baby yet... Found it while looking for a good tag file shot. And I believe that is Shawn behind Joe.
Very nice! I do recall that day.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #45552
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,400
Quote:
Jerome can easily average 18 for a century and being retired, at one time lived on his bicycle but that year he burned out and now just rides when he feels like it. He left lunch to go to his girlfriends to get on his bicycle and ride it to a club ride this afternoon.

To put it into perspective, he did spend up to 4 hours a day on the bike but what you have to remember is, these were all club sanctioned rides, not just riding and logging miles on his own. The club up here keeps mileage for all 400 of it's members when they sign in at each ride which can be from 1 or 2 a day to 6 or 7 rides a day depending on the time of year. Some days he would go from ride to ride and meet up with different people.

The old club record was 12,000+, the average yearly high mileage is between 10 and 11k, he nearly doubled the average.

The old dude is my hero!

In shape has a broad range in cycling. My friend Chuck was in good shape, trains for pleasure, never raced, showed up at the National 24 hours of Michigan and set the National Record for his age group (55-59) at 433 miles in 24 hours. He's a freak of nature! Then last year set the national Father/Son record where they finished together last year at 420 miles after the son was taken down by a renegade idiot on a recumbent bicycle who swerved into him at speed.

Me? I raced and have a decent amount of endurance. On my last 100 miler I averaged 23mph on a single speed to Meefsville, Coshocton then back to Massillon.

If you want to try, my friend Diana is 6' tall, owns a tandem bicycle (built for 2) and is always looking for a guy to ride bitch so she can rip their legs off. At least on the tandem, you won't get left behind. If that's too much, you can ride bitch on the back of her Hyabusa, she says 140 is slow, take from that what you can
I think I need to meet this girl once I get the busa out of winter storage. 140 is slow on a busa. A stock one hits the limiter with more to give. Pop a tre on and it almost hits 200 stock.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #45553
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,650
To my fellow ADV inmates,
Chardon High was my school, and my home town. I know you have all heard about the tragedy this week. Now we know that Westboro Baptist Church, the same sick people who picket our fallen soldiers funerals, will be picketing Danny's funeral on Saturday. There are folks organizing on FB to form a human barricade to shield the!m family from this site.

http://www.facebook.com/events/253958351352383/?_rdr

If you have no plans for Saturday and want to test your rain gear, I will be riding out from my place in Middlefield around 10AM.
muddyrabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #45554
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
I think I need to meet this girl once I get the busa out of winter storage. 140 is slow on a busa. A stock one hits the limiter with more to give. Pop a tre on and it almost hits 200 stock.

140 was she was going the last time she passed me

Old 03-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #45555
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
To my fellow ADV inmates,
Chardon High was my school, and my home town. I know you have all heard about the tragedy this week. Now we know that Westboro Baptist Church, the same sick people who picket our fallen soldiers funerals, will be picketing Danny's funeral on Saturday. There are folks organizing on FB to form a human barricade to shield the!m family from this site.

http://www.facebook.com/events/253958351352383/?_rdr

If you have no plans for Saturday and want to test your rain gear, I will be riding out from my place in Middlefield around 10AM.

That shooting was sad news,

I won't be home, have a safe ride