ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #45886
mchester
Honda Cult Member

Oddometer: 1,447
Saddlebags, free!

THE BAGS HAVE BEEN SPOKEN FOR... THANKS

I'll offer these here to anyone that can use them. A friend of mine moved out of town and didn't want to haul these with him. He stopped riding cruisers a while back, and had no use for these bags. There are 2 sets of leather, throw over style, saddle bags. Both are in near new condition. The bigger set is River Road and the smaller set is from Jafrum.

They are located in Marysville, but I get into Columbus once a week, so maybe drop off could be arranged depending on where your at. PM me to let me know which one you want and give me a phone number to contact you.

THE BAGS HAVE BEEN SPOKEN FOR... THANKS

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" Rush

2004 XR650L & 2003 ST1300

mchester screwed with this post 03-09-2012 at 08:36 PM
mchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #45887
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Bad news first:
The Yami/KTM dealership isn't interested in working out a trade for my Uly, and they're not willing to discount the S10 enough to make a deal possible.

The Good: Planning ahead, dirt ride:

Thursday March 29th

I've got some non-adv friends that want to go trail riding (non-dual-sports). Anyone interested? GCMK? I want to hit Crow or Mines & M's, but they're the wrong direction. One guy is coming from Cinci, so something between there and Columbus would be best. Hidden Springs would work, but it's fairly small. Anything down south in the neighborhood of Circleville/Chillicothe?
No State areas (still closed), and they must be open during the week (Thursday!).
Anyone interested or have location recommendations?
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #45888
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
Cool, I'm in! I'll see you guys at 11am then. I'll trailer the WRR over. Is there a Walmart or someplace to park the car/trailer near by?
Not much in Danville. There is a park on the south side of town on RT. 62 called Memorial park and also a Dollar General store on the south side of town.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #45889
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by somecallmetim View Post
I'm in.

If any MTBers want to ride Mohican Sunday, 9am there is a group of riding, some will be doing the short loop, I'll likely punish myself & do all 24.
I'll see how I feel, I might be down for that I haven't been on any trails except Denison's Bio Reserve all winter.

I have a tweaked knee from my MMA class that's still swollen, but I've been icing/warming it since Wed. if it's not still hurting I'll ride. No way I can do all 24, but anything would be better than sitting in front of the TV.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #45890
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post

Thursday March 29th

I've got some non-adv friends that want to go trail riding (non-dual-sports). Anyone interested? GCMK? I want to hit Crow or Mines & M's, but they're the wrong direction. One guy is coming from Cinci, so something between there and Columbus would be best. Hidden Springs would work, but it's fairly small. Anything down south in the neighborhood of Circleville/Chillicothe?
No State areas (still closed), and they must be open during the week (Thursday!).

there are a couple places between cbus and cinci...and I may be able to ride that day...I'll do some checking tonight and get back to ya

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #45891
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Bad news first:
The Yami/KTM dealership isn't interested in working out a trade for my Uly, and they're not willing to discount the S10 enough to make a deal possible.

The Good: Planning ahead, dirt ride:

Thursday March 29th

I gotta work and save up the vaca time for other rides, but thanks!

Did you see this week's dinner (Tuesday) is Barley's?

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #45892
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,992
Well, the weather service keeps flipping the forecast for the tar hollow areas around but currently it is back to Sunny with a high 64 degrees. So given the time warp Saturday evening, anyone wanna meet up at the Pine Lake parking lot in Tar Hollow State park at 11am Sunday? Not sure what sort of loop we'll do but I'll throw something together.
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)

buildit screwed with this post 03-09-2012 at 10:54 AM
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #45893
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailCallsMeKarl View Post
Did you see this week's dinner (Tuesday) is Barley's?
Cool! I did not see it, thanks for the heads up! I'll be there about 8pm.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #45894
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Well, the weather service keeps flipping the forecast for the tar hollow areas around but currently it is back to Sunny with a high 64 degrees. So given the time warp Saturday evening, anyone wanna meet up at the Pine Lake parking lot in Tar Hollow State park at 11am? Not sure what sort of loop we'll do but I'll throw something together.
is this a Sunday ride??

And can I come on the CRF?

GailCallsMeKarl screwed with this post 03-09-2012 at 10:26 AM
Old 03-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #45895
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,947
If anyone is interested in riding at Lightning Raceway Saturday let me know, there are trails and motocross available, $10 a rider. It's about 13 miles SE of Crow Canyon and not quite as big. The last couple times I was there the place was pretty much empty.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #45896
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
If anyone is interested in riding at Lightning Raceway Saturday let me know, there are trails and motocross available, $10 a rider. It's about 13 miles SE of Crow Canyon and not quite as big. The last couple times I was there the place was pretty much empty.
Count me in.

Anyone wanting to haul over from C-Bus area, let me know. (Zach, I know you like to be all ninja-like.....)

Old 03-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #45897
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailCallsMeKarl View Post
is this a Sunday ride??

And can I come on the CRF?
Yes, Sunday. Sorry I'll add that. I think it would be a good test of your new skills. Since I haven't been I don't know how dry or soupy it is so my only thought is how well the tires on the CRF will hook up. If you feel you could do the two track at Crow then you'll be fine on it.
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #45898
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Quote:
Yes, Sunday. Sorry I'll add that. I think it would be a good test of your new skills. Since I haven't been I don't know how dry or soupy it is so my only thought is how well the tires on the CRF will hook up. If you feel you could do the two track at Crow then you'll be fine on it.
alright, sweet. I'll come and if it's bad, I'll just cruise the roads down in that area. I have to get the CRF out on Sunday.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #45899
invisible monster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 483
Quote:
Well, the weather service keeps flipping the forecast for the tar hollow areas around but currently it is back to Sunny with a high 64 degrees. So given the time warp Saturday evening, anyone wanna meet up at the Pine Lake parking lot in Tar Hollow State park at 11am Sunday? Not sure what sort of loop we'll do but I'll throw something together.
This sounds fun, count me in. I probably won't have time to throw the knobbies on my 690 so I'll be running 70/30 tires. Hopefully there will not be much in the way of mud.
invisible monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #45900
Benly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Quote:

Just need to check on 1 thing with the misses, but am 90% sure I can make it Sunday. See you at 11:00am EDT unless I post otherwise.
Benly is online now   Reply With Quote