ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #45901
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benly View Post
See you at 11:00am EDT

Yeah I can see lots of people missing each other over that, lol
Old 03-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #45902
S2P
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
A good friend is working on this, and the nearby title people were helpful, but they couldn't dig up the form.
I don't think there is a link to the form, have him go to a different location. Make sure he is asking for a Change of Body Affidavit, they had them on a big tablet and tore it off for me.

WR 426
TTR 125
S2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #45903
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Well, the weather service keeps flipping the forecast for the tar hollow areas around but currently it is back to Sunny with a high 64 degrees. So given the time warp Saturday evening, anyone wanna meet up at the Pine Lake parking lot in Tar Hollow State park at 11am Sunday? Not sure what sort of loop we'll do but I'll throw something together.
I have a huge honey do list awaiting me this weekend but I will try to make it!
Old 03-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #45904
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOhio View Post
I have a huge honey do list awaiting me this weekend but I will try to make it!
Hope you can come play.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #45905
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
Yeah I can see lots of people missing each other over that, lol
I would rather ride than watch others ride. But in case I wanna watch riding I think I have some video I can watch someplace.
2006 KLR650
Old 03-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #45906
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Well, color me terrified.

Anyone coming to Iron Pony's big Supercross party tomorrow night? If so, there is a very good chance you'll see me there, sweating bullets, and hopefully riding home on a brand new S10.

We negotiated a fair price (I can't believe how expensive these damn things are), and I filled out a credit ap. Assuming all goes well on the loan side (which it should), I can take it home tomorrow night, if I want. If I don't absolutely freak out before then.

I've wanted the bike for awhile. I almost bought one last fall, but decided to put it off. So it's not entirely a spontaneous decision. I was NOT planning on having that and the Uly at the same time, but that's just how it's going to work out. The Uly will be for sale as soon as it's back in my possession and I've removed my 'keeper' parts.

If all works out, and I take it home tomorrow, I'll have exactly one week to break it in and get it's first oil change done before I leave for a 3000 mile ride. I have Sunday off, next Thursday off, and a couple early shifts in the middle there, so 500 miles will be easy, 1000 miles is probably doable.

Am I crazy? Seems like it, a little at least.
Am I stupid? Man I hope not; I know the reality of what my Uly is worth (I think/hope), and I know I won't sell it right away and I'm prepared for that.

I'm a cheap-ass and laughed at the idea, but the majority of folks I'm asking opinions of are telling me to go for it if finances will allow.

I'm going to need to drink tonight if I hope to get any sleep at all.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #45907
invisible monster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post

Anyone coming to Iron Pony's big Supercross party tomorrow night? If so, there is a very good chance you'll see me there, sweating bullets, and hopefully riding home on a brand new S10.

We negotiated a fair price (I can't believe how expensive these damn things are), and I filled out a credit ap. Assuming all goes well on the loan side (which it should), I can take it home tomorrow night, if I want. If I don't absolutely freak out before then.

I've wanted the bike for awhile. I almost bought one last fall, but decided to put it off. So it's not entirely a spontaneous decision. I was NOT planning on having that and the Uly at the same time, but that's just how it's going to work out. The Uly will be for sale as soon as it's back in my possession and I've removed my 'keeper' parts.

If all works out, and I take it home tomorrow, I'll have exactly one week to break it in and get it's first oil change done before I leave for a 3000 mile ride. I have Sunday off, next Thursday off, and a couple early shifts in the middle there, so 500 miles will be easy, 1000 miles is probably doable.

Am I stupid? Man I hope not; I know the reality of what my Uly is worth (I think/hope), and I know I won't sell it right away and I'm prepared for that.

I'm a cheap-ass and laughed at the idea, but the majority of folks I'm asking opinions of are telling me to go for it if finances will allow.

Congrats on the new SuperTen! Also best of luck with getting the Uly repaired and sold.
invisible monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #45908
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Just don't drink before you ride it home, don't want 2 broken bikes and an injured rider.

I might make it over to IP around 7 or 8 to visit for a while depending on how much I get done tomorrow.

Oh and congrats if it all goes well.
2006 KLR650
Old 03-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #45909
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,150
Congrats on the S10, I drool over those..

When you get an idea on a price for your Buell, shoot me a message, I might be interested.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #45910
FatherX
X Factory Big Cheese

Oddometer: 4,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
From what I know about Tom,he takes good care of his stuff. How's he been? Haven't seen him post in a while here.
He's doing OK.

He got BANNED for 2 weeks for some allegedly politically caustic photo in WTF pic thread.

I'm probably riding with him and Ed on Sunday afternoon.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #45911
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Nothing's official yet, but thanks guys.

Matt, I sent you a PM about the Uly.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #45912
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Thought I'd show people what I basically expect the TH ride sunday to be like.

I really depends on how much rain there has been, but at least there isn't any worry about snow melt.
2006 KLR650
Old 03-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #45913
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 853
Quote:

YEA!!!!

I'm drinking tonight too but I got different reasons! Yours is way more fun!

I'll make the supercross at IP. See you there!

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #45914
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 853
Sunday

So I pulled the wheels off the CRF to get DS tires and of course, no one has any in stock. SOB!!!!!!!

(note to self, call first)
I'm going to ride sunday, somewhere.

so anyone up for an f'ing road ride on Sunday?? (I'm not happy - I hate this bike)

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X

GailCallsMeKarl screwed with this post 03-09-2012 at 04:38 PM
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #45915
r-3350
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Quote:

Are you getting a blue one or the black one? I have had a bunch of Yamahas Two RD350s, an xs 500 and 750 , a fz 750 and my current ride a FJR 1300 and none of them have let me down Well maybe on second thought the RDs would foul spark plugs. Regards Carl
r-3350 is offline   Reply With Quote