ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #46216
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
I'm thinking you weren't trying hard enough
I included serveral other tip-overs that weren't mine in the video for good measure though.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:47 AM   #46217
MrFurious
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 700
Got in a little over 200 miles yesterday roaming around in the rolling hills Hardin and Logan counties and visiting a friend down that way to look at her bike. Lots of cinders in the corners and intersections so I couldn't have too much fun, but still had a great day none the less.

On another note, anyone knowledgeable of older Kawasaki electrical systems? Trying to help a friend get an 82 GPZ 550 back on the road, but from what she described as happening last time it ran I'm thinking something fried in the electrical system. Basically the electrical system completely shut down while riding...no spark, no dash lights, nada. Already checked the obvious (connections, fuses, ground, etc) and all appear to be ok. No obvious sign of pinched wires anywhere that would have caused a short either. I'm just hoping it doesn't end up being one of those cases where I have to trace every lead in the harness to track down a bad wire.

MrFurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:21 AM   #46218
B-Mac
Aged Beef

Oddometer: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
Got in a little over 200 miles yesterday roaming around in the rolling hills Hardin and Logan counties and visiting a friend down that way to look at her bike. Lots of cinders in the corners and intersections so I couldn't have too much fun, but still had a great day none the less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post

On another note, anyone knowledgeable of older Kawasaki electrical systems? Trying to help a friend get an 82 GPZ 550 back on the road, but from what she described as happening last time it ran I'm thinking something fried in the electrical system. Basically the electrical system completely shut down while riding...no spark, no dash lights, nada. Already checked the obvious (connections, fuses, ground, etc) and all appear to be ok. No obvious sign of pinched wires anywhere that would have caused a short either. I'm just hoping it doesn't end up being one of those cases where I have to trace every lead in the harness to track down a bad wire.
Fault Isolation of the Electrical System can sometimes be a drawn out process, too much for me to post in a forum. Here is a diagram for you and I would check the rectifier/regulator. Brian
Old 03-14-2012, 03:15 AM   #46219
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,044
Mountain biking.

TIm & Craig,

It's that time of year. Anybody interested in a ride this weekend? Maybe we could meet in the Dillon parking lot, drink beer and talk about mountain biking. I'm waaaay out of shape.

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:30 AM   #46220
OHtard
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHtard View Post
Sounds good. I'm in. See ya then.
Sorry guys, decided to skip this one. Thanks anyways. 6 hours in the truck may have been a bit overkill. Joe
OHtard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:22 AM   #46221
Devil Dog
Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer: 9,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Garage Day CancelledThere was talk of having Garage Day this Saturday but we're going to cancel. Toby just got back from a ride down south, MS, LA, FL etc and is slammed at work with the nice weather.

Stay tuned.
I'm glad you cancd it like I asked, because the girls' b-day is this saturday

Fuck Jesse V
In his ass
With a chainsaw
Devil Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:26 AM   #46222
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHtard View Post
Sorry guys, decided to skip this one. Thanks anyways. 6 hours in the truck may have been a bit overkill. Joe
I don't blame you. I wouldn't drive out here if I lived where you do.
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:02 AM   #46223
somecallmetim OP
Surf &/or Die

Oddometer: 1,112
Quote:
Mountain biking.

TIm & Craig,

It's that time of year. Anybody interested in a ride this weekend? Maybe we could meet in the Dillon parking lot, drink beer and talk about mountain biking. I'm waaaay out of shape.
I'm booked up this weekend, but we'll get some riding in soon.

Today is Wensday. 6pm at Kims Bikes, dinner & brews at the shop post ride...

http://www.facebook.com/kimsbikes
Old 03-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #46224
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,939
Next weekend I'll be inMcArthur Saturday refereeing the Collegiate Cycling Champs. then in the afternoon heading towards Columbus. I'd like to find a place to camp as close to Columbus as possible so I can sleep in a little longer before heading to OSU to ref the 2nd set of races.

Any good places down that way that may be open?

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #46225
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,759
Quote:
Mountain biking.

TIm & Craig,

I might be good for Saturday, will know later in the week. I know Sunday's swamped.

I tried to ride the Denison Biological Preserve trails yesterday but it was ridiculously muddy. I gave up and rode the rail trail instead, which has a few bmx trails that shoot off of it, but even those were pretty tough going with all the rain the day before. 10 miles of riding felt like 50, I am still rubbery-legged from all that.

I haven't worked on my endurance this winter, which I swore I was gonna do, so I won't be out lasting anyone but I'm no worse than last year I don't think.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #46226
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
I don't blame you. I wouldn't drive out here if I lived where you do.
Well I missed you by 2 minutes according to the ladies at the Speedway. Sorry I was running late. You must have taken off right at 11 am. :(

http://fms.ws/7J0m7/39.93159N/83.61206W

We need to exchange cell numbers! ;) Anyone have his cell number? Please PM me. ;)
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.

indypup screwed with this post 03-14-2012 at 10:19 AM
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #46227
motodirtlover
Motodirtlover

Oddometer: 1,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
Next weekend I'll be inMcArthur Saturday refereeing the Collegiate Cycling Champs. then in the afternoon heading towards Columbus. I'd like to find a place to camp as close to Columbus as possible so I can sleep in a little longer before heading to OSU to ref the 2nd set of races.

Any good places down that way that may be open?
You should bring a small bike and hang around for Sunday. The first Enduro of the year is next Sunday (25th) just 10 miles west of McArthur by Allensville. (Chillicothe Enduro riders)
motodirtlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #46228
motodirtlover
Motodirtlover

Oddometer: 1,033
Quote:
Mountain biking.

TIm & Craig,

Hmm, I might be into that. What day are you guys going?
motodirtlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #46229
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 839
Dirt ride this weekend

Just a head's up (way early, I know, I'm just already geeked for the weekend)

I'm planning on riding dirt on Sunday.

Looking like Crow Canyon at the moment. Time TBA. I know on the "in list" so far: MGorman, the ninja and perhaps the official Ohio superlurker. (0 posts since like 2006. gotta be a record) Come on superlurker, you know you need a break from work! Get your ass out here and ride!!!! (hint, perfect opportunity for post #1 was just teed up.....or is it not good enough to break the streak?)

Mark offered to meet up for breakfast - I vote Donut shop and we'll eat out on the sidewalk or my truck bed also makes a nice sitting room.

side note: I really wish I didn't have "to do" list a mile long, it looks so pretty out today!!!!

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #46230
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by motodirtlover View Post
You should bring a small bike and hang around for Sunday. The first Enduro of the year is next Sunday (25th) just 10 miles west of McArthur by Allensville. (Chillicothe Enduro riders)

I would, but I have a 2nd race in Columbus to referee on Sunday

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote