ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #46501
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
I'll take all six....

I can't keep feeding this thing asian kids, I'm gonna go broke with the shipping.

Not right at so many levels.

On a side note, I can't believe the mower deck is already on the tractor because I had to start mowing the yard.
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #46502
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Did they have paved roads back then?

Let's just say there weren't as many as there are now

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #46503
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Was taking a mt bike ride out to stillwell hill and it looks like Stillwell Bridge in Coshocton or Muskingum Co (it's right there in that corner by Adams Mills) is on it's way out I guess. I know Kory has had a few rides go across and I'm sure others have ridden it but no mo. It doesn't look like they are repairing it, looks like a dismantle. RIP Stillwell Bridge
That's a cool old bridge. We went across it a bunch of times before they welded guardrails across the ends. I'm sad to see those go... they pulled down the old 40 bridge across the Ohio River iin Bridgeport sometime recently, too. It was up last year, I made it a tag; and last week I saw it was gone. Still waiting for the SR715 bridge to get torn down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Nobody watches Luke's videos but Luke and one other guy.
Indypup? They must have some kind of video 69 thing going on where they watch each others...

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #46504
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
I know its early but anyone planning on riding this weekend. Got the 450 plated today and the 690 has been squirrelly in the dirt so set the sag and suspension to factory settings and need to get them out for a ride. Finally done wrenching until the next round of repairs.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #46505
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
they pulled down the old 40 bridge across the Ohio River iin Bridgeport sometime recently, too. It was up last year, I made it a tag; and last week I saw it was gone.
And I tagged it pre-smart phone.

jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #46506
motodirtlover
Motodirtlover

Oddometer: 1,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOhio View Post
I know its early but anyone planning on riding this weekend. Got the 450 plated today and the 690 has been squirrelly in the dirt so set the sag and suspension to factory settings and need to get them out for a ride. Finally done wrenching until the next round of repairs.
Enduro, Tar hollow area. This Sunday. Start on Kelly road just south of RT50. 75-80 miles.
motodirtlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #46507
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,646
Spring cleaning...

Free stuff!

I want this crap out of my house. Now.

Call dibs on the item in this thread, and then PM me for details.

Two items are available, preferably picked up in or around the Marietta or Athens area, or maybe I can meet you somewhere. If you could find it in your heart to make a $5+ donation to advrider/baldy for the site in return for your free* stuff, that would be nice too.

Here's what's available:

Poorly photographed Top Box

Upgrade your KLR and replace it's milk crate with this free top box. Includes one key and all of the mounting stuff. (Might be missing a bolt or something, yours to figure out.) The latch to remove it from the mounting plate is picky sometimes, maybe if you show it a good time and spray it down with some white silicone grease, it will release itself to you much more freely. Or not, whatever.

If no one takes this within a week, I'm strapping it onto the back of the first KLR I see. Unfortunately for Half_Price_Beemer, his is the only one I ever see running around Athens. Somebody take this, so Matt doesn't find it strapped to the back of his bike next week.

Next up, a yellow coat.

Bumblebee flavored black/yellow Joe Rocket Ballistic textile riding jacket, size XXL. The arms are a bit shorter than I prefer, but maybe you have T-Rex arms and can use this.

Only crashed once, but that left it with a nice patina and a few pretty light dirt stains that could probably be removed by a professional type of person who does these things for a living

Honestly, this thing is in great shape. No real cuts/rips tears to speak of, just the dirt stains from when I was attacked by ninja deer on my V-Strom. This is a really nice jacket that was given to me for free, and I'd like to pass it along.

That's all for now. If you take this stuff and don't like it, please pass it along to someone else for free and pay it forward.

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #46508
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,507
DIBS on the jacket

dibs retracted

jacket is fair game

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301

sion screwed with this post 03-20-2012 at 08:49 PM
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #46509
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
DIBS on the jacket
Now you can't sell if on fleebay! ;) I figured Luke needs a topbox on his KLR. ;)
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #46510
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
That's a cool old bridge. We went across it a bunch of times before they welded guardrails across the ends. I'm sad to see those go... they pulled down the old 40 bridge across the Ohio River iin Bridgeport sometime recently, too. It was up last year, I made it a tag; and last week I saw it was gone. Still waiting for the SR715 bridge to get torn down.

Indypup? They must have some kind of video 69 thing going on where they watch each others...
Yeah, Luke promised me some cash If I kept clicking on his videos. :( Haven't seen a dime yet.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #46511
dox
How much for the ape?

Quote:
DIBS on the jacket
Somehow I knew this would happen after keeping an eye on the good-karma free gear thread.

Are you really a XXL? Be aware that this jacket fits me decently and I'm a pretty big dude. Also, I'll need to verify your T-Rex arm length
Old 03-20-2012, 07:52 PM   #46512
sion
sigh-own

so, I had an eventful day....worked from 6am to 2pm and it sucked...came home and had a 45 minute nap, then hit the road around 4pm...rolled out past Malt/McConnelsville to the Big Muskie then turned left up rt 284 (FUN road, even with all the shit/sticks/gravel all over it) and got the latest Farnsy Tag...then I rolled the rest of the way up 284 to 146 which took me into Z'ville where I picked up I-70 and super-slabbed it (avg of 80 mph) into Cbus to arrive at Dirty Franks Hot Dogs by 715.

175 miles all told by the time I got home..give or take a couple.

oh and here's the video of my ride in the TH area on saturday:

2.5 hours of video edited down to 15 minutes of dirt. about 1 minute in, the camera clip comes halfway off my goggle strap as I executed an unintentional snap turned to the right and almost went over the bars...dont think I'll use that method anymore (the turn or the camera mount )

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #46513
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Are you really a XXL? Be aware that this jacket fits me decently and I'm a pretty big dude.
You don't look like a big dude in your avatar.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #46514
sion
sigh-own

Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Are you really a XXL? Be aware that this jacket fits me decently and I'm a pretty big dude. Also, I'll need to verify your T-Rex arm length

if it doesnt fit me, I know at least 2 guys it will...neither of which have a good textile jacket...I do have short arms though

Old 03-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #46515
dox
How much for the ape?

Quote:
if it doesnt fit me, I know at least 2 guys it will...neither of which have a good textile jacket...I do have short arms though
OK, but I would rather it be directly used by someone who frequents this thread. If it doesn't fit, I'd prefer it be re-posted here and given a chance to be used by a fellow Ohio ADV'er. That was the point of posting it here.