ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #46561
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 9,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiamondmike View Post
Was riding around today on my wrr and while in Yellow Springs, I saw a Porshe Cayenne blocking traffic while awkwardly trying to parallel park on the main drag. I thought to myself that I wanted to see what a rich douche that couldn't park looked like, so I look over and Dave Chappelle is waving, grinning, and vigorously nodding at me. I was so excited that I think I peed a little. Then I felt a little shameful that a stranger's validation of my bike choice pleased me so, but whatever, it's almost like Dave and I are best friends now. -Mike
I bet he was nodding his approval while muttering "Mmmmm, mmmm, bitch!"

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #46562
OhioPT
Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
I came across that same information...know what I can NOT find?

a time...what friggin time does it start?
I believe it starts at 10:00.

I think there is a Sportsman's class that you can ride in if you don't want to race competitively.
OhioPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #46563
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 2,852
Quote:
Was riding around today on my wrr and while in Yellow Springs, I saw a Porshe Cayenne blocking traffic while awkwardly trying to parallel park on the main drag. I thought to myself that I wanted to see what a rich douche that couldn't park looked like, so I look over and Dave Chappelle is waving, grinning, and vigorously nodding at me. I was so excited that I think I peed a little. Then I felt a little shameful that a stranger's validation of my bike choice pleased me so, but whatever, it's almost like Dave and I are best friends now. -Mike
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #46564
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,728
Quote:
My wife and daughter were in Yellow Springs a couple years ago and saw Dave tooling around town on a Honda dual sport. I heard from someone who lives in the area it was a 230L, as he was seen frequently on it.

Might explain his friendly wave...similar interests. I'm Rick James, bitch!

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #46565
swingset
Got the knack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
You did WAY more work than you had to. The tank doesn't even need to come off and the plastic can be flexed apart, it don't have to come off either.
You're the second person I've heard say this, but I wonder if the Wee isn't easier to get at the airbox. When I tried to do it without the tank being lifted, there was no way...the airbox screws can't even be accessed without the tank being completely lifted.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #46566
buildit
Pumpkin Rider

Oddometer: 13,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
You're the second person I've heard say this, but I wonder if the Wee isn't easier to get at the airbox. When I tried to do it without the tank being lifted, there was no way...the airbox screws can't even be accessed without the tank being completely lifted.
Yeah, so there! Also, look close, only the little side piece held on with one screw was removed. Yes, the tank will come off with the cowling plastic in place.

New front and rear tires, yes the rear is now a radial 705 so we'll see how it holds up. Trying something different up front with a Kenda Challenger 110/90-19. It's close but I still have 3/4 inch clearance to the fender. A total road oriented tire but I wanted to see how different it would be from a dual sport tire. Also wanna see if it wears better.

buildit screwed with this post 03-21-2012 at 04:44 PM
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #46567
swingset
Got the knack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post

New front and rear tires, yes the rear is now a radial 705 so we'll see how it holds up.
I'm on my 4th 705 radial rear on the Vee. I don't get a lot of life out of any rears, not like some people seem to, but the 705's do ok.. typically 4-5k and they're toast. I don't mind that so much, first because they're cheap but I like the tires performance a lot, they do better for me in the dirt and gravel than Tourances do at double the cost (and change).

Old 03-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #46568
buildit
Pumpkin Rider

Quote:
I don't mind that so much, first because they're cheap but I like the tires performance a lot, they do better for me in the dirt and gravel than Tourances do at double the cost (and change).
That is word for word what I've been saying. Are we experiencing some strange cosmic bond today?
Old 03-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #46569
swingset
Got the knack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Are we experiencing some strange cosmic bond today?
If so, you were just thinking about Adrienne Barbeau's giant tatas in Cannonball Run II.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #46570
buildit
Pumpkin Rider

Quote:
If so, you were just thinking about Adrienne Barbeau's giant tatas in Cannonball Run II.
Well, that does it. I am cooking chicken breast in the oven. It's so wierd Let me know if you sudden disappointment as I check my dating site to see if I have an responses.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #46571
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,375
Quote:
I like her giant tatas in Escape from New York even better

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #46572
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,643
Quote:
I'm on my 4th 705 radial rear on the Vee. I don't get a lot of life out of any rears, not like some people seem to, but the 705's do ok.. typically 4-5k and they're toast. I don't mind that so much, first because they're cheap but I like the tires performance a lot, they do better for me in the dirt and gravel than Tourances do at double the cost (and change).
I just put a radial rear on the GSA and am measuring/photographing it along the way. Curious if all the fury about chunking & delamination is just carry-over from the previous gen bias ply.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #46573
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioPT View Post
I believe it starts at 10:00.

I think there is a Sportsman's class that you can ride in if you don't want to race competitively.
Excuse my ignorance, but do the "sportsmen" bring up the rear or are they staged with the competivie riders? If in the rear my be the tiicket as I don't want to hold anyone up or get run over.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #46574
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 9,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOhio View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but do the "sportsmen" bring up the rear or are they staged with the competivie riders? If in the rear my be the tiicket as I don't want to hold anyone up or get run over.
If they was smart they would put us sportsman first so when we fall down they can use us for traction.

Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #46575
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,804
The woodsmen (rookie) in harescrambles always went last so as not to create too much death and carnage

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote