ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #46726
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailCallsMeKarl View Post
I've got to haul a horse to Indianapolis in the AM. If I nail down a time and it's early enough, I might be able to ride in the afternoon. (actually, check that - can't, no OHV tag for TTR due to title issues)

I would like to reiterate my complete and utter frustration with my current bike situation.

Side note to potentially alleviate bike issue: can someone go with me/meet me to look at an XT225 in Batavia Wednesday evening? I was supposed to go tonight but my sidekick bailed. It's on craigslist and I don't want to end up dead/missing. A second opinion on the bike would also be appreciated.

PM me please

additional side note: anyone know where I can sell my old diamond wedding ring? (sweet vengeance, sell the ring, buy a bike)
Here's a bike that might work for ya - priced right:
http://mansfield.craigslist.org/mcy/2910103256.html

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #46727
EJV
Fuso FG Expedition

Oddometer: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Well... Did ya?

I put some grease on them. Once.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #46728
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB RAMSAY View Post
Meef, Road Rat and I braved the fair weather and determined that all the roads between Danville and Killbuck are still in place. How we put 90 miles in between 2 towns 15 miles apart kept us on the move. Meef is a veritable bi-pedal GPS unit! It takes a lot of hours riding to learn the roads, the GPS is just an aid. He's done his homework. He's a qualified 'Trail Boss'. It was a trail bike ride and the dust was down. I had a great time!

We did run a short slot of "sh*t holes". I fell in the second one. Do'in the cross-rut thing, poorly. Too cold to be dropping a glove underwater. I was granted a reprieve and we finished out on the 'not a thru road' series of roads back to Danville. It would be a great tour later in the season following a good rain.

Oh yea - did the parallel RR tie crossing near the dam. Let me look at this for one second . . . Just do it. Did it. It was just like a BJ from Whoopie Goldberg - whatever you do, DON'T LOOK DOWN!

Thanx guys - let's do it again.
Following Meef of Alan makes for a good time. They both know those roads inside out, and those roads are fun...

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #46729
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

http://www.cyclefish.com/event/16358/

July 14 2012 in Pickerington

2nd Annual Bikes for the Brave Poker Run. Ride in honor of Cpl.Dustin Derga, KIA 2005 and Sgt. Adam Knox, KIA 2006. Benefitting the Eyes of Freedom Lima Memorial Paintings. Registration starts at 11:00am. Start at Rule 3, to Heritage Lounge, to Glen Rest, to Amvets, to Wanna Bes, to Fillin Station back to Rule 3. Rider $15.00, passenger $5.00. Live Band, raffles, auctions, 50/50 and fun following run.

Anybody want to do a poker run with a bunch of pirates? Dustin Derga's mom and sister are friends of mine and good people, plus it's fun to show up in sea of leather on a ratty trail bike.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #46730
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
[URL]Anybody want to do a poker run with a bunch of pirates?
I avoid pirates like the plague! ;) Poker runs aren't my idea of fun...but I'm sure there won't be any shortage of cruiser bikes showing up. ;)
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #46731
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioroadrat View Post
Thanks Mark for leading a great ride. I like my new bike (CRF250R) but need to work on the suspintion (spelling) some. LOVED it in the tight woods section. Second gear is just right. I was real slow on the road but hope to pick up my pace as I get used to the bike.Really looking forward to riding tight woods again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB RAMSAY View Post
Meef, Road Rat and I braved the fair weather and determined that all the roads between Danville and Killbuck are still in place. How we put 90 miles in between 2 towns 15 miles apart kept us on the move. Meef is a veritable bi-pedal GPS unit! It takes a lot of hours riding to learn the roads, the GPS is just an aid. He's done his homework. He's a qualified 'Trail Boss'. It was a trail bike ride and the dust was down. I had a great time!

We did run a short slot of "sh*t holes". I fell in the second one. Do'in the cross-rut thing, poorly. Too cold to be dropping a glove underwater. I was granted a reprieve and we finished out on the 'not a thru road' series of roads back to Danville. It would be a great tour later in the season following a good rain.

Oh yea - did the parallel RR tie crossing near the dam. Let me look at this for one second . . . Just do it. Did it. It was just like a BJ from Whoopie Goldberg - whatever you do, DON'T LOOK DOWN!

Thanx guys - let's do it again.
Thanks fellers, had a blast. Bob, you are fast as shit, you damn near blew my visor off passing me!

After we split up I went to Loudonville and Alan and Tim and I rode some more and had pie.

290 miles for me.

Tomorrow I hope to go to Toledo and meet a guy, pick up my buddy's new V-Strom 1000 for him...

MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #46732
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I avoid pirates like the plague! ;) Poker runs aren't my idea of fun...but I'm sure there won't be any shortage of cruiser bikes showing up. ;)
Poker runs suck, I'll give ya that. This is the only one you will ever catch me at, for the reason I listed. I actually had a pretty enjoyable time last year on my KLR, especially after all the HD guys saw the mother of the solider the ride was in tribute of give me a hug....

I am pretty sure my 250 was the only non Harley there.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #46733
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,126
Enduro and off-road riding tips

This will help some of you to know what NOT to do when riding in mud. Meef and his side kicks come in around minute 5:50...

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #46734
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,126
Can you say "Lights Out"? BTW, do not watch if you have a queasy stomach

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #46735
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post

Oh shit. I had to freeze frame the images to see what was happening. Not good at all. Should I even say riding above your level can be really bad?
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #46736
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
That was a short ride. He got rocked, pun intended.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #46737
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #46738
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJV View Post
I put some grease on them. Once.
They didn't look bad at all. Most still had a fair amount of grease, but were quite dirty. All of the rollers pushed out with ease, and none of the needle bearings felt like they were anywhere close to needing replaced.

It's all back together now, however I somehow managed to strip one of the valve cover threads while doing other inspection. Still trying to decide what to do about that... heli-coil, time-sert, etc. The Googles say this is pretty common, so I guess it's not that big of a deal. Just get it fixed and move on.

Pulled the carb apart, looked great. Doing some other general maintenance while I'm at it... and putting locktite on anything that has threads.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #46739
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Beer Creek in East Sparta

Anyone ever ridden there?

TRAILS at BEAR CREEK - 1 mile east of the KOA Kampground - Bring your own Dirt Bike to ride on 26 miles of marked trails on 180 acres, 250 Ft. hill climb, woods and creeks.

Would you recommend it?

indypup screwed with this post 03-26-2012 at 09:45 PM
Old 03-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #46740
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Night Ride Redbird SRA in Indiana

The Night Ride at Redbird (Dugger, IN) is this weekend 3-31 & 4-1 will include wheeling, camping, "Easter eggs", and one of a kind prizes.
Glowsticks (Easter eggs) which will be distributed on the trails by the members at dusk and as the night goes on,

you ride the trails and be on the lookout for the hidden glowsticks to redeem for a prize later that night.

Just because there was not a Easter egg on the trail earlier does not mean that their wont be one later.

There are approximately 50 prizes to give away! The RB Foundation has made custom t-shirts made for this event only,
you cannot get one any other way! Redbird Station has also donated prizes , all prizes will be awarded at Redbird Station
across from the maintenance building at 11 PM along with some hot dogs for participants.
Only one prize per night ride participant please.
Camping will be available on Saturday night in the parking lot, please check with the RB Foundation across from the gate house for details.

Redbrid Website