ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #47371
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkster View Post
For those of you not with me on Facebook, here's my America's Most Wanted segment that aired last night. I got to do my own reenactment :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxYdflszcDg

I tried using the embed code but it wasn't working for some reason.
They didn't really go into significant enough detail. I mean, would it have taken any extra time to detail your injuries, the distance between you, or the fact that he was vested up and armed with a rifle and you hit him several times with your handgun?

I also enjoyed the "neighbor dispute" scene.

Good luck.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #47372
Sparkster
Live seriously.

Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by (none) View Post
wow, guessing they caught the asshole?

Yeah he's in prison. Last i heard he was having bad medical problems. The 25 year sentence may end up being a life sentence.
Sparkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #47373
GregsBro
a.k.a. Scott

Oddometer: 516
Quote:
Yeah he's in prison. The 25 year sentence may end up being a life sentence.

Let's hope so!
GregsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #47374
Sparkster
Live seriously.

Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
They didn't really go into significant enough detail. I mean, would it have taken any extra time to detail your injuries, the distance between you, or the fact that he was vested up and armed with a rifle and you hit him several times with your handgun?

I also enjoyed the "neighbor dispute" scene.

Good luck.
Honestly I was a little disappointed myself but they did warn me it would be about a 45sec spot. I also think they should've used the crime scene photo I sent them of the marijuana instead of the stock footage. I guess that's why I'm a cop and not a producer on a national tv program.
Sparkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #47375
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,043
Quote:
Honestly I was a little disappointed myself but they did warn me it would be about a 45sec spot. I also think they should've used the crime scene photo I sent them of the marijuana instead of the stock footage. I guess that's why I'm a cop and not a producer on a national tv program.
I guess that's why I don't watch it anymore.
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #47376
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,508
so, as it turns out, the "video" I took at Luke's on the day of the rail bed ride was actually a bunch of pictures...I had the camera in the wrong mode and what I got was 622 pictures spaced 2 seconds apart. 99% of it was at Lukes house, because the battery was weak. Got a couple pics leaving the gas station in Plain City and exactly ! pic of the rail bed, when we stopped to assess the water situation. I really was back-assward that day...got video from my still camera and still pics from my video camera at least I was able to keep the bike going in the right direction the whole day.

so anyway, I trimmed out a little more than half the pics and added some lame royalty free music off the web and slapped it all together to create this cheesy video. remember, you were warned that its lame:

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #47377
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,043
Making pancakes out of lemon aid. Sounds like all our video had some issues.

Really quite tonight.
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:26 AM   #47378
FatherX
X Factory Big Cheese

Oddometer: 4,278
a few of us met up at Southington Off-road Park yesterday.

Cool place considering the neighborhood. Sort of a small bike or big balls kind of place. Lots of sand and tightish single track.

Any picyures/vids from anyone present?? Gorman ?
Old 04-15-2012, 05:09 AM   #47379
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,657
Just this one of our future racers.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:13 AM   #47380
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,657
Riding with the kids yesterday made me realize we gotta get a Go Pro helmet cam.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:59 AM   #47381
FatherX
X Factory Big Cheese

Oddometer: 4,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
Just this one of our future racers.

that RM wasn't muddy when I left. THAT was probably entertaining
Old 04-15-2012, 07:48 AM   #47382
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherX View Post

Any picyures/vids from anyone present?? Gorman ?

I took some but have to get the ambition to do something with them.

It was nice to see some fresh faces yesterday. I think if we locked Z@ch, Scuba Jay, Meef and Oh-Tard in a room for a couple hours we could make the Blue Collar Comedy Tour look like a hack show.

As far as riding goes, there's a little for everyone there from the true beginner up to the trials rider who likes to play. There's 1,500 acres but as Jay said, most of it is swamp!

If you stay in the quarry area you probably won't have to wash your bike, it's mostly grit up to marble sized rolled round gravel that gives you zero percent traction. There is also a sand pit that will test your skills and ability to stay upright at speed. I saw many bikes leaving that looked as clean as when they came in.

The woods are another story. The ground is semi virgin with newer quad trails, all 2 track quad wide just like everywhere else on the planet. Some places the ruts get deep but for the most part, anyone can ride them, there are no real hills, just small inclines that any bike with a knobby can make it up. Some of the turns are pretty tight for a quad and the duel ruts can be challenging to ride at speed where you jump back and forth to get the good rut for the turns. The ruts are only mear inches deep for 90% of the trails but as time marches on, they'll end up like everywhere else.

Also, the loops are marked with colors so you shouldn't get lost very easy. Once you work your way back to the quarry, just ride around the rim until you get back to where you parked.

When I go back, I'm riding the 250 more so I can go up the jeep climbs and the suspension testers so I don't fear tearing up the big girls. The 640 was a pretty good ride there but the 950 wasn't as much fun because the battery was getting weak and I was afraid of flooding it and not getting restarted but in the sand pits, it was a blast.

As you can see, I didn't avoid the fun stuff

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #47383
jonny2g
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post

It was nice to see some fresh faces yesterday. I think if we locked Z@ch, Scuba Jay, Meef and Oh-Tard in a room for a couple hours we could make the Blue Collar Comedy Tour look like a hack show.

As far as riding goes, there's a little for everyone there from the true beginner up to the trials rider who likes to play. There's 1,500 acres but as Jay said, most of it is swamp!

If you stay in the quarry area you probably won't have to wash your bike, it's mostly grit up to marble sized rolled round gravel that gives you zero percent traction. There is also a sand pit that will test your skills and ability to stay upright at speed. I saw many bikes leaving that looked as clean as when they came in.

The woods are another story. The ground is semi virgin with newer quad trails, all 2 track quad wide just like everywhere else on the planet. Some places the ruts get deep but for the most part, anyone can ride them, there are no real hills, just small inclines that any bike with a knobby can make it up. Some of the turns are pretty tight for a quad and the duel ruts can be challenging to ride at speed where you jump back and forth to get the good rut for the turns. The ruts are only mear inches deep for 90% of the trails but as time marches on, they'll end up like everywhere else.

Also, the loops are marked with colors so you shouldn't get lost very easy. Once you work your way back to the quarry, just ride around the rim until you get back to where you parked.

When I go back, I'm riding the 250 more so I can go up the jeep climbs and the suspension testers so I don't fear tearing up the big girls. The 640 was a pretty good ride there but the 950 wasn't as much fun because the battery was getting weak and I was afraid of flooding it and not getting restarted but in the sand pits, it was a blast.

This just isnt fair! I want to get out and do some single tracking, but finding a 250 dual sport aint going so well. Found a couple, but $500 in fuel round trip. Truck mpg sucks!
jonny2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #47384
OHtard
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Scubajay, and I went back today. Found a really sweet trail, I didn't find yesterday. It was really slimy this morning. But it dried up very quick. After jay left due to "sand in his vagina" I went into some of the jeep trails with some friends on quads. I buried the 250 once, but had a blast in the rockier sections. I plan on going back next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post

OHtard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #47385
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny2g View Post
This just isnt fair! I want to get out and do some single tracking, but finding a 250 dual sport aint going so well. Found a couple, but $500 in fuel round trip. Truck mpg sucks!
What's your budget? I'm considering selling my KLR jr.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote