ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #47461
buildit
Pumpkin Rider

Oddometer: 13,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
Again, WV and other states have no issues building single track right along with multi-use trails. How do they manage, yet we're supposed to all ride 72" wide jeep paths in the spirit of co-existence?

I don't buy that line of thinking. There's room for all of it, and then some. And, there's no reason to have bi-directional trails and all the risks that go along with it. Anyone who's ridden WNF on a busy day can tell you that's a needless recipe for collision.

It's just poor, lazy planning.
Not a big deal but remember Wayne is National forest and not ODNR.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #47462
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT;[URL="tel:18480525"
18480525[/URL]]This.

I am not a quad guy, but they outnumber us.

The more we try to fragment into smaller and more specialized groups the less power we have.

M/C, ATV, horseback, mountain bike, hiking, snowmobiling.

Let's get everyone together to have enough power to secure the land, then let's manage the land in a way that works for all users.
SCQTT, congrats, you just stumbled upon OMTA's mission. Originally there was a seat for horseback, but when the president of the Ohio Horseman's Council came and advised his group of the good we could do together he was voted out of office immediately, drummed out of the organization altogether, and eventually got out of horses entirely because of the grief he was given. No, I am not joking about that.

Snowmobilers have their own group, Ohio State Snowmobile Association, and we work closely with them. Actually on this latest legislative effort I am effectively representing them as well, and reporting to the board of directors of both OMTA and OSSA.

We have made more progress in the last 5 years by working together, than in the previous 20 years.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #47463
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Back to riding, sorta...

We are working on better promoting OMTA through modern social media outlets such as this thing called FaceTube. Have you heard of it? Please lend us a hand by sharing the event page for the upcoming Hanging Rock 200:
http://www.facebook.com/events/269172693174053/

Oh, and all you FF's whining about not having enough single track better show.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #47464
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 1,939
totally unrelated: who is the expert on titling and plating?

I am going to pick up a 03 KLX 300, the catch is that the title is lost. He has a notarized bill of sale and says the numbers come back clean, what do I need to do to get a title and get this thing plated?
Old 04-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #47465
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,635
He needs to get a duplicate title. Bring his license to the title bureau, and they can issue him a new one that can be transferred to you. You might as well do the transfer while you're there.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #47466
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt;[URL="tel:18481508"
18481508[/URL]]totally unrelated: who is the expert on titling and plating?

I am going to pick up a 03 KLX 300, the catch is that the title is lost. He has a notarized bill of sale and says the numbers come back clean, what do I need to do to get a title and get this thing plated?
Call me. 440-313-1069. Don't feel like typing it all out again, and can't seem to find the previous post. Short version is a title exists for that bike and it is illegal for him to sell it to you without providing it. If it was in his name at some point he can go to the title office for a duplicate.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #47467
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Phuk, bruced on a post!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #47468
buildit
Pumpkin Rider

Yeah, don't get suckered into the, my friend has the title still or I will send it to you shit. I got suckered once, kind of. Bought a KE100 off a guy who asked $500 but didn't have the title, or at least one with the right serial numbers. He said he must have grabed the wrong one at his uncles in Indy and would grab the right one next week. I said, then I'm only giving $200 now and the other $300 when the real title appears. Guy disappeared, literally moved! I lucked out when a guy at VMD from Pennsylvania said he'd give me $400 for it without the title so his boy could have a learner bike.

Lucky Luke

Oh, and a side note for Indypup. The guy was from Troy. (Inside joke)
Old 04-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #47469
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
Call me. 440-313-1069. Don't feel like typing it all out again, and can't seem to find the previous post. Short version is a title exists for that bike and it is illegal for him to sell it to you without providing it. If it was in his name at some point he can go to the title office for a duplicate.
According to him, the previous owner lost the title, so it was never titled in his name, he has a notarized bill of sale fromt he previous owner. I don't intend to give th guy a dime until I can figure out if it is either a) not hot, and b) I can get a title.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #47470
buildit
Pumpkin Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
According to him, the previous owner lost the title, so it was never titled in his name, he has a notarized bill of sale fromt he previous owner.
Coughing sound (bull-spit)
Old 04-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #47471
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Coughing sound (bull-spit)
I know, I'm skeptical as well, i figure I can take the vin to the sheriff's office and have it run to make sure it's legit, there has to be some way to get a title for the thing.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #47472
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
According to him, the previous owner lost the title, so it was never titled in his name, he has a notarized bill of sale fromt he previous owner. I don't intend to give th guy a dime until I can figure out if it is either a) not hot, and b) I can get a title.
He's legally obligated to provide you a title at time of sale.

Bill of sale and "the numbers are clean" is just horseshit.
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #47473
buildit
Pumpkin Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by z@ch View Post
He's legally obligated to provide you a title at time of sale.

Bill of sale and "the numbers are clean" is just horseshit.
+1
Old 04-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #47474
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

There are actually several redundant and overlapping sections of the Ohio Revised Code that cover this issue, but here is the most relevant and clear:

4519.67 Additional prohibited acts.

(A) No person shall do any of the following:
(1) Procure or attempt to procure a certificate of title to an off-highway motorcycle or all-purpose vehicle, or pass or attempt to pass a certificate of title or any assignment of a certificate of title to an off-highway motorcycle or all-purpose vehicle, or in any other manner gain or attempt to gain ownership to an off-highway motorcycle or all-purpose vehicle, knowing or having reason to believe that the off-highway motorcycle or all-purpose vehicle has been stolen;
(2) Sell or offer for sale in this state an off-highway motorcycle or all-purpose vehicle on which the manufacturer’s or assigned vehicle identification number has been destroyed, removed, covered, altered, or defaced with knowledge of the destruction, removal, covering, alteration, or defacement of the manufacturer’s or assigned vehicle identification number;
(3) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, sell or transfer an off-highway motorcycle or all-purpose vehicle without delivering to the purchaser or transferee of it a certificate of title, or a manufacturer’s or importer’s certificate to it, assigned to the purchaser as provided for in this chapter.
(B) Whoever violates this section shall be fined not more than five thousand dollars, imprisoned in the county jail or workhouse not less than six months nor more than one year or in the penitentiary not less than one year nor more than five years, or both.
Effective Date: 01-01-2004

So if he's an asshole about it, you could always buy it, then turn him.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #47475
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanieykillen View Post
I haven't picked up the new bike yet- it's up in Akron. I have to break loose and get up there to get it. I went up to test ride it- but didn't have the balance of the loot, so alas I only left some cash to hold it.

Working midnights... ...sheesh. Heck, I don't even ride much to work during the week anymore since they "turned back the clocks". I'm worried about deer on the ride home at 8pm- and you gotta know that route is prime deerstrike territory.
wow, you ride Idaho, Kansas, AND Ohio...amazing

Copied from page 3...whatcha selling? http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=32