ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #47701
BOB RAMSAY
Not in the Clique -

Oddometer: 290
Road ride Tuesday?

Any of you guys want to do some road riding out of Licking county Tuesday? Or, maybe meet up somewhere near you and take it from there?

I've only met a few of you guys but that shouldn't be a hurdle. I like to ride NE, E or SE of Columbus as the flat lands west don't do a lot for me.

Looking for some back, state route work - or county roads. Not averse to gravel at all.

I've been down a few roads here, more than a few times. Have GPS - will explore.

PM me or get back on the forum.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #47702
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,310
Pray for me this week, boys and girls ... I'm out in LA with all the heathens.

Incidently, anyone have any dinning recommendations for the Redondo Beach/Torrance/Gardena/etc area?

We're at the Yardhouse in Long Beach for dindin tonight .... full report soon.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #47703
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post

Incidently, anyone have any dinning recommendations for the Redondo Beach/Torrance/Gardena/etc area?

When we were in Torrance, we ate here...

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/5/60326/...renze-Torrance

Very nice cousine, nice wine list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB RAMSAY View Post
Any of you guys want to do some road riding out of Licking county Tuesday? Or, maybe meet up somewhere near you and take it from there?

I've only met a few of you guys but that shouldn't be a hurdle. I like to ride NE, E or SE of Columbus as the flat lands west don't do a lot for me.

Looking for some back, state route work - or county roads. Not averse to gravel at all.

I've been down a few roads here, more than a few times. Have GPS - will explore.

PM me or get back on the forum.
I'll see how I feel, I'm jonesing for some riding and I've got Tuesday free but I'm still nursing a pinched nerve in my neck...last time in the saddle it made my arms go numb.

I'm gonna ride a little tomorrow to see how I feel, if I'm able I'll post up.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #47704
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
He owns a bunch of properties around town and is into cool old stuff. The Bel-Air normally lives in front of his old school drive in restaurant. He is working to revitalize downtown mansfield, so some low life ripping off his stuff is a real kick in the nads,
Is that City Mills in the background?

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #47705
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Is that City Mills in the background?
Yup, that's the backside of the Bissman building.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #47706
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
Did anyone actually watch my video(s)? If so what did you think. Should I just send BigOhio a PM when I release then?
Sorry about you BFE guys. At least you live close to good motorcycle roads.
You guys are a tough crowd...
As much as I bag on you and Luke for your videos, and despite the fact that I don't watch them and as near as I can figure only 6 other people ever have, keep on keeping on man. If it makes you happy, make them and post them. I'm all for doing what makes you happy, and the hell with what anyone else thinks - even (especially?) me.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 04-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #47707
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Yup, that's the backside of the Bissman building.
Sweet, there's some awesome architecture in those buildings. Bissman is a very cool building.

One of my favorite photos I have ever taken is of the old City Mills building before they redid it.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 04-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #47708
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,109
Quote:
Sweet, there's some awesome architecture in those buildings. Bissman is a very cool building.

One of my favorite photos I have ever taken is of the old City Mills building before they redid it.
The Biss is pretty amazing, the ghost hunter type people have been in there as of late. The warden's office in Shawshank was one of the old offices in there.

Speaking of City Mills, this is coming up:
http://galionlive.com/2012/04/18/for...ming-on-may-5/

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #47709
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 9,954
Quote:
As much as I bag on you and Luke for your videos, and despite the fact that I don't watch them and as near as I can figure only 6 other people ever have, keep on keeping on man. If it makes you happy, make them and post them. I'm all for doing what makes you happy, and the hell with what anyone else thinks - even (especially?) me.
Actually you are right. I have spent the last hour or so playing around with old pics on my phone and computer and have gotten quite a few good laughs and great memories from looking at them.

That said I will spare you all from loading every damn one of them on here.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #47710
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,073
Quote:
Well most everyone else actually likes them but you guys and I figured if I could get one of you to watch them you would might actually say you like them. I'm not making any money off them and just like making them to document my rides. I'm not making videos as you suggested of taking a dump, etc. Just my motorcycle rides. ;)

Watch this one and tell me what you think. I think you use you cell phone most of the time so this one will work on it I think... ;) It's only 2 min long too.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #47711
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:

You're a bit south and coastal from where I spent much of my time, but when in LA proper my favorite food was Moun of Tunis moroccan restaurant. A carnivore's paradise, and worth the $, at least in 2005. Don't eat lunch. Or breakfast. Belly dancers after the meal is over

While fruity drinks aren't my thing, real old-school Tiki drinks are badass and not the Applebee's bar crap. Check out the Tiki Ti and try an Ooga Booga or Ray's Mistake. Awesome little bar... strong drinks. Third generation run, great guys. Father and Son still bartend nightly.

About every Saturday morning, Cars and Coffee takes place in Irvine. Usually 100-200+ cars show up. Tons of exotics, rarities, and usually several cool motos too. When I was there, they used to hold it at a shopping center across from Crystal Cove State Park, but it outgrew it's unofficial venue and got moved some years ago. Really cool.

Crystal Cove State Park is kinda cool, mixed rocky/sandy shoreline and much cleaner than the beaches in town. Better photos, less people, much quieter.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #47712
ohiofathead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Quote:

You ought to shoot some video of the area.
ohiofathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:17 AM   #47713
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,937
I'm only posting because I don't want Indypup to be the last post in a thread with over 47,000 posts that has run strong for like 8 years.

<---- well that and 12,000 posts.

buildit screwed with this post 04-23-2012 at 05:38 AM
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #47714
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,316
Quote:

http://originaleatatjoes.com/index.html

I have been here about a 1,000 times. Nothing fancy, but I like the palce a lot.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:05 AM   #47715
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Hm, If I remember right, some of you folks frequented the Grandview Euro Bike Nights in years past. Perhaps the Adv-Dinner is going to hinder your attendance this year?! Either way, the first bike night is tomorrow. I'll stop by around 8pm since it's just around the corner from my work.

http://www.facebook.com/events/28220..._mall_activity
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote