ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #47956
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,061
Note to self and others....
As soon as possible after you get a bike, pull the swingarm bolt out and anti-seize the heck out of it.
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #47957
BOB RAMSAY
Not in the Clique -

Oddometer: 290
90% of work is just showing up. . .

Hey Guys - road enduro! Sunday. Just east of Zanesville.

For Christ's sake - you won't even get dirty. You mean I have to set the alarm clock? I even know some other guys that don't want to get up early. Maybe we'll do our own thing.

The guys that put this event on need us - participants.
Paying participants!

Any event takes a lot of time, work, planning, coordination and plain old volunteer work! There's fun teaming up for the job but, it takes time, work and don't forget - $4.00/gallon in the F-150.
Nobody sends their kid to college putting on any event- hare scramble, enduro, dual-sport ride, on and on.

I look to have a good time - rain or shine - I try to show up to support these guys are young/old and energetic enough to organize an event - and I want another event - 5 and even 10 years from now. The Ohio off-road riders have been putting events on for a long time. Who knows how long? At least post WWII. And, I'm sorry to say, there are fewer and fewer events. District 11 has all but dissolved for a number of reasons. For those that have never heard of Dist. 11 - it's AMA's southern Ohio district - one of the most established of the country, proud father to numerous national champions.

One of reasons for District 11 demise - not showing up - imagine that. . . we could do our own thing.

Anyway - I'll get off the soapbox. If you want to ride, we got to stick together and support those that support us and our right to ride.

Got your AMA card? I was going to but I had to get up early. . .

See you there! - and for Christ's sake - THEY FEED YOU! See if a regular enduro does that. . .

BOB RAMSAY screwed with this post 04-27-2012 at 05:29 PM
BOB RAMSAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #47958
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,270
On more important note....

I was making this video....JUST KIDDING...I know better now not to talk about videos here...

This is about FOOD....I love going to this bbq place called oinkadoodlemoo. They have great food and make these spicy green beans that I'm addicted to.

I was wondering if you guys might have any idea how they make them??? Google search hasn't panned out yet. :(

I figured how could I possibly get flamed by asking you guys a food question so let me know if you have any ideas..

Maybe just a spicy mixed veggies or green bean dish recipe would be nice.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #47959
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB RAMSAY View Post

For Christ's sake - you won't even get dirty. You mean I have to set the alarm clock? I even know some other guys that don't want to get up early. Maybe we'll do our own thing.

The guys that put this event on need us - participants.
Paying participants!

Any event takes a lot of time, work, planning, coordination and plain old volunteer work! There's fun teaming up for the job but, it takes time, work and don't forget - $4.00/gallon in the F-150.
Nobody sends their kid to college putting on any event- hare scramble, enduro, dual-sport ride, on and on.

I look to have a good time - rain or shine - I try to show up to support these guys are young/old and energetic enough to organize an event - and I want another event - 5 and even 10 years from now. The Ohio off-road riders have been putting events on for a long time. Who knows how long? At least post WWII. And, I'm sorry to say, there are fewer and fewer events. District 11 has all but dissolved for a number of reasons. For those that have never heard of Dist. 11 - it's AMA's southern Ohio district - one of the most established of the country, proud father to numerous national champions.

One of reasons for District 11 demise - not showing up - imagine that. . . we could do our own thing.

Anyway - I'll get off the soapbox. If you want to ride, we got to stick together and support those that support us and our right to ride.

Got your AMA card? I was going to but I had to get up early. . .

See you there! - and for Christ's sake - THEY FEED YOU! See if a regular enduro does that. . .
I'm going Bob. You and BigOHio going to be there I take it? What bikes you riding? I'll have to look for you guys. ;) I just got my roll chart transfered over to the WR from the KLR which I rode last year in the ride. Hopefully I won't crash again this year. :( I'm leaving my street tires on the WRR from where I took it to Illinois a couple of weeks ago. Last year I had knobbies on and wrecked on payment because of locking up rear tire after some not so street legal dirt bike with no brake light decided to stop right in front of me after missing a turn.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #47960
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,492
I'd like to go to the Road Enduro, but I have to work...sorry.

Roger, I'm sure SCQTT will be along shortly to tell you how shitty that bbq is.

But I'm intrigued...next time I'm out that way, I'ma try it out

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #47961
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
Note to self and others....
As soon as possible after you get a bike, pull the swingarm bolt out and anti-seize the heck out of it.
When you service the TTR's swingarm and linkage, it'll all slide right out no problemo.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #47962
BOB RAMSAY
Not in the Clique -

Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I'm going Bob. You and BigOHio going to be there I take it? What bikes you riding? I'll have to look for you guys. ;) I just got my roll chart transfered over to the WR from the KLR which I rode last year in the ride. Hopefully I won't crash again this year. :( I'm leaving my street tires on the WRR from where I took it to Illinois a couple of weeks ago. Last year I had knobbies on and wrecked on payment because of locking up rear tire after some not so street legal dirt bike with no brake light decided to stop right in front of me after missing a turn.
I'm riding the Hawg - 950 Adventure. From all impressions, I won't be asked to ride it off road. Steve is riding his 690 single - which IS THE BIKE TO HAVE! I expect the Ohio Road Rat - we'll see what he shows up on - probably a Whizzer.

Assured clear distance - it can be a bitch. When you're that close, i.e. close enough to kiss abruptly from the rear, one best be paying close attention. It's amazing what 0.5 - 1.5 seconds of inattention can provide - not counting no brake light. And then the knobby's on pavement braking ability (not very mucking futch).

We'll see the riders there - and the agoraphobics will be on their own. See you there. BR
Old 04-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #47963
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I'm planning to be there. Think the 690 is sorted and don't know what to do with it but even got a a roll chart holder on it tonight! Bob is right, support those that support you. Who cares if you need to get up a litle early or even spend the night close by. Plus I noticed on google maps there is a "gentleman's" club next door, I might even be convinced to put up a tent....
Old 04-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #47964
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOhio View Post
. Plus I noticed on google maps there is a "gentleman's" club next door, I might even be convinced to put up a tent....

since when are you a gentleman?

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #47965
Solace
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 892
I'll be at the road enduro on Sunday morning. Just gotta put on a new rear sprocket first so I can actually make it to Zanesville. Current one is, uh, dead.

Later,
M
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #47966
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,045
Quote:
Plus I noticed on google maps there is a "gentleman's" club next door, I might even be convinced to put up a tent....
A high class place for sure

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #47967
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
A high class place for sure
No doubt!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #47968
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,992
Quote:
No doubt!
Planning on riding more than one event?
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #47969
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Quote:

My plan right now is to be there, it's very close. I don't know if I'll ride the V-Strom or the little DR.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:26 AM   #47970
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,947
Quote:
I'm planning to be there... ...I might even be convinced to put up a tent....

Are you pitching it next door in your pants or at the Enduro to sleep?

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote