ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 06:32 AM   #48031
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
These are just a couple of the numerous great 'roads' down around Laurelville and Tar Hallow State Park. You'll want to meet up with some folks to learn where they all are. Somebody's usually headed that way about once a week.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #48032
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidRavioli View Post
This looks awesome! Where is this located?

Man, you're looking for every chunk of gravel you can find, eh?

(hint: get out of Montgomery County, go east...)
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #48033
SquidRavioli
Beer Snob

Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Man, you're looking for every chunk of gravel you can find, eh?

(hint: get out of Montgomery County, go east...)
True story! Trip to be planned.....I have to trek the delicate balance of spending time with my lovely wife, and hitting the expeditions. The one good thing in my favor is she is a nurse working night shift so once a month she works a full weekend and that could open up an overnight ride, maybe some camping. I usually ride with my Dad, who rides a Speed Triple. He's probably crazy enough to send his Triple down that creek lol! I work M-F so any mid-week riding is minimal and local.

*on a serious note, is anyone sitting on a dual sport (preferabbly smaller) that takes up space and they want / need to sell???????????????????*
SquidRavioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #48034
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,497
Quote:
*on a serious note, is anyone sitting on a dual sport (preferabbly smaller) that takes up space and they want / need to sell???????????????????*
Did you see a few pages back the DR350 I posted? Not mine, but seems like a decent deal at $1000.
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #48035
mic_detonator
ride

Oddometer: 794
i know it would sound like i'm lying but someone keep an eye out for a gently used vespa too. :)
mic_detonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #48036
blackdiamondmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Quote:
This looks awesome! Where is this located?

There are a couple more short stretches of gravel not far from you that would be good to build confidence on gravel. Try near Caesar's Creek. Look for Scott rd off of Cornstalk Rd on the northwest side of the park. Also try the wildlife area off of rt 380 just north of Roxanna-New Burlington Rd. -Mike
blackdiamondmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #48037
The Stew
Why not Zoidberg?

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
"Lets do a back road ride, and hit some easy dirt/gravel just so I can try to get a feel for the beast". I told George as I rolled my street tired bone stock Tenere out next to his street tired KLR.
"No creeks or mud"

Started out great!

Believe it or not, this was a planned maneuver to get my bike off the slick mud embankment, down into the solid rock creek. Yes, its holding itself up there in the mud.
Didn't ever fall, and actually, didn't even have any close call, despite being out in some gnarly terrain on a freaking mammoth motorcycle. Calling this thing sure-footed is the understatement of the year!
Yeah I'm going to need a location on this right here. My KLR is set up for pretty hardcore dual sporting but its only ever seen the gravel road I live on over here in Clayton. I want to break it in.
2006 KLR650 Aztek Red / SW Motec Bars, Givi Top Case, Tank Bag, PMR Rear Luggage Guard, IMS Pro pegs, Mirror Relocation mod, Moose Folding Shift Lever, Gold Valve Cartridge Fork Emulators, T-Mod, Coleman Seat Cover, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Horse Saddlebags, Drill Through Subframe Upgrade, 12.9 Bolts, Doohickey, 16TFS, AGM Battery, AeroLED Tail Light
The Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #48038
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 845
New Bike - CRF150R

Finally!!!!
I fit on it (sort of - on ball of one foot to kick start), it's fast and it has a flippin' title.
DS conversion and RFS mods to start shortly.

Huge THANK YOU to Michael for finding a nice clean one!

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #48039
SquidRavioli
Beer Snob

Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiamondmike View Post
There are a couple more short stretches of gravel not far from you that would be good to build confidence on gravel. Try near Caesar's Creek. Look for Scott rd off of Cornstalk Rd on the northwest side of the park. Also try the wildlife area off of rt 380 just north of Roxanna-New Burlington Rd. -Mike
That is my favorite area to ride, it is very close to my house. I have not hit Scott Rd. though. I'm actually going to ride over there tomorrow early evening to use the public shooting range. I shall find this road!
SquidRavioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #48040
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailCallsMeKarl View Post
Finally!!!!
I fit on it (sort of - on ball of one foot to kick start), it's fast and it has a flippin' title.
DS conversion and RFS mods to start shortly.

Huge THANK YOU to Michael for finding a nice clean one!

conga rats!!!!

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #48041
Benly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Next saturday or sunday, anyone want to get out and ride? I am itching and have my fresh trackmaster ready.....Danville, Perry, Tar Hallow...I really don't care where..
I should be able to make a Tar Hollow ride this coming weekend.
Benly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #48042
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stew View Post
Yeah I'm going to need a location on this right here. My KLR is set up for pretty hardcore dual sporting but its only ever seen the gravel road I live on over here in Clayton. I want to break it in.
Can you get a Thursday off? I'll show you where a bunch of this stuff is! Or there are group rides on just about any given weekend. I'd highly recommend going with others that know the area your first couple times!
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #48043
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
I agree it was a well ran event. Thanks Road Runner Steve for doing all the work so I could enjoy the ride. 300+ miles on the WR today. What happen to you Roger I was looking forward to meeting you today. Alan

Sorry I wasn't able to make it. :( I received a call from my dad Saturday night saying my mom wasn't feeling well and that I should come see her. They live in Indiana so I spent the day over there.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #48044
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,711
Cabin Fever Road Enduro

Just wanted to post and say thanks for doing this. There were 4 of us that went down, and had a great time. We had to bail sometime before lunch for the nearest gas the GPS found. One of the riders was on an XR250 with a peanut sized tank, and nearly ran out of gas. The tank holds 1.6 gallons, and that's what it took at the pump.

We headed to lunch and Danville after that. We would have been to far behind for even the sweep team.

If anyone has a larger tank for a '94 XR250, I can put you in touch with an interested buyer.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #48045
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceOfDirt View Post
Just wanted to post and say thanks for doing this. There were 4 of us that went down, and had a great time. We had to bail sometime before lunch for the nearest gas the GPS found. One of the riders was on an XR250 with a peanut sized tank, and nearly ran out of gas. The tank holds 1.6 gallons, and that's what it took at the pump.

We headed to lunch and Danville after that. We would have been to far behind for even the sweep team.

If anyone has a larger tank for a '94 XR250, I can put you in touch with an interested buyer.
They ran a gas truck,should have brought a gas can. Gas was at 70 miles. 1gal. would have gotten him there. Oh well,next time.