ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #48046
blackdiamondmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailCallsMeKarl View Post
Finally!!!!
I fit on it (sort of - on ball of one foot to kick start), it's fast and it has a flippin' title.
DS conversion and RFS mods to start shortly.

Huge THANK YOU to Michael for finding a nice clean one!

Does that have an electric starter,too, or is it just kick start? A friend of mine has one with e-start, but I believe the older models were kick only. -Mike
blackdiamondmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #48047
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioroadrat View Post
They ran a gas truck,should have brought a gas can. Gas was at 70 miles. 1gal. would have gotten him there. Oh well,next time.
I don't remember seeing a gas truck mentioned on the flyer, but I wasn't worried about that so I might have missed it. Anyway, he thought he could make it. What got him was the just rebuilt the motor, and I don't think he has the jetting quite right yet. The guy on the WR had gas, but he was worried about needing it, and had only put less than 1/2 gallon in there. With a siphon, he could have taken it from the KLR the other guy was on. He wouldn't have know since he was off the bike for a pee for what seemed like every 15 miles.

We had a good time anyway, but it would have been nice to stay and talk at the lunch break and afterwards. Like you said, next time.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #48048
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,939
With all the garbage people toss, you couldn't find a container to transfer fuel?

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #48049
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,939
Quote:
Finally!!!!

Huge THANK YOU to Michael for finding a nice clean one
You're welcome

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #48050
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
With all the garbage people toss, you couldn't find a container to transfer fuel?
That was plan B if he didn't make it to the gas station. Fortunately, he made it, but just barely.

I will say that the back roads were rather clean. I didn't go into the ditches to look to be sure. I did ride over one when I started a slide in a corner though. I road back out OK after bumping around a bit, and didn't hit any trash.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #48051
The Stew
Why not Zoidberg?

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Can you get a Thursday off? I'll show you where a bunch of this stuff is! Or there are group rides on just about any given weekend. I'd highly recommend going with others that know the area your first couple times!
Due to the nature of my work getting a day off is WAY more trouble then its worth. But on a happy note my days are over at 12:30p and I work a normal person Mon-Fri. Where can I get more information about these group rides. Sifting though 3200 replies would be mind numbing and time consuming. I kinda wish we had sub sub forums for particulars like this!
2006 KLR650 Aztek Red / SW Motec Bars, Givi Top Case, Tank Bag, PMR Rear Luggage Guard, IMS Pro pegs, Mirror Relocation mod, Moose Folding Shift Lever, Gold Valve Cartridge Fork Emulators, T-Mod, Coleman Seat Cover, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Horse Saddlebags, Drill Through Subframe Upgrade, 12.9 Bolts, Doohickey, 16TFS, AGM Battery, AeroLED Tail Light
The Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #48052
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stew View Post
Due to the nature of my work getting a day off is WAY more trouble then its worth. But on a happy note my days are over at 12:30p and I work a normal person Mon-Fri. Where can I get more information about these group rides. Sifting though 3200 replies would be mind numbing and time consuming. I kinda wish we had sub sub forums for particulars like this!

They are sort of just random "pick up" rides and are posted on the newest pages of the ADV in OH? thread. Depending on the weather there are a few options during the week and several on the weekends. You'll just have to get a feel for who you like to ride with.

There is a regular central OH ADV dinner every Tuesday and a thread for it, but we pretty much just eat and make fun of each other. The location varies each Tuesday....always within 40 miles of downtown Columbus.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #48053
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiamondmike View Post
Does that have an electric starter,too, or is it just kick start? A friend of mine has one with e-start, but I believe the older models were kick only. -Mike
That's actually a 150r, no e-start option
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #48054
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by z@ch View Post
That's actually a 150r, no e-start option
Should make for an interesting project to convert it to a street legal bike, or is that not the plan?
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #48055
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Should make for an interesting project to convert it to a street legal bike, or is that not the plan?
That is the PLAN!!!! The shopping starts tonight! So flippin' excited!!!!!!

Converting to street legal, light 'er up and shaving the seat a touch (Actually stepped seat - also keeps me from getting "left" by the little thing.) She's a little light; already did 2 wheelies without much effort. Jumps fabulous too.

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #48056
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,979
Quote:
That is the PLAN!!!! The shopping starts tonight! So flippin' excited!!!!!!

Converting to street legal, light 'er up and shaving the seat a touch (Actually stepped seat - also keeps me from getting "left" by the little thing.) She's a little light; already did 2 wheelies without much effort. Jumps fabulous too.
Don't forget a kick stand.

2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #48057
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Don't forget a kick stand.

GCMK doesn't need a kick stand....she has no plans of evar getting getting off the bike.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #48058
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stew View Post
You're off at 12:30? Like, you could be in Columbus by 130? And we could be to tar hallow by 2:30. And we'd have an easy 5 hours down there! We can make this work. Maybe this Thursday? Maybe next Thursday?

Don't worry about the past 3000 pages. What's done is done! What you want to watch is the current and new stuff. Sometimes it's just a post like "hey, I'm off Thursday! Anyone wanna ride???" Othertimes it's a more detailed conglomeration of people and dates and times workin towards a goal... Not unlike the road enduro last Sunday that you're seeing a bunch of folks talking about.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #48059
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
AND GCMK!!! CONGRATS ON THE NEW RIDE!

I'm still here to help with wiring and whatnot!
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #48060
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
You're off at 12:30? Like, you could be in Columbus by 130? And we could be to tar hallow by 2:30. And we'd have an easy 5 hours down there! We can make this work. Maybe this Thursday? Maybe next Thursday?

Don't worry about the past 3000 pages. What's done is done! What you want to watch is the current and new stuff. Sometimes it's just a post like "hey, I'm off Thursday! Anyone wanna ride???" Othertimes it's a more detailed conglomeration of people and dates and times workin towards a goal... Not unlike the road enduro last Sunday that you're seeing a bunch of folks talking about.
My arm could be twisted into that...

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote