ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 03:47 AM   #48106
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Looking at the weather Sunday will be cooler and allow for a day for things to dry out a little. Supposed to be rain from now thru Friday. So expect mud.
Have stuff going on Sunday so Saturday is best with me. Anyone ride the Wayne yet this year? Thinking about picking up a pass or maybe heading over to Perry on Saturday if the Tar Hollow ride is Sunday.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:18 AM   #48107
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,390
Aw man, if it rains the next few days Perry will be a disaster on Saturday. You don't want to be anywhere near there without a quad and winch.
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:50 AM   #48108
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Matt, you still looking for a mirror with handlebar mount? I found this in the vendors thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357336
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:54 AM   #48109
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

I can also recommend the Double Take Mirrors also in the vendors section. Have a set on the 690 and just put one on the 450. Love them...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Matt, you still looking for a mirror with handlebar mount? I found this in the vendors thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357336
Old 05-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #48110
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Oh yeah! Double Take Mirrors are awesome, but I was thinking he'd need the base still.... But no! Just needs a bar mount ram ball!
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #48111
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

They also have bases for them if needed and very quick shipping. Ordered one with base for the 450 last Monday and had it in my hands in a couple of days! Now just need to get out and ride a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Oh yeah! Double Take Mirrors are awesome, but I was thinking he'd need the base still.... But no! Just needs a bar mount ram ball!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #48112
The Stew
Why not Zoidberg?

Oddometer: 50
Hey figured I'd ask here for a more localised response: Anybody have any KLR Doohickie tools and know-how? I'm in the market for buying one and I wanted to see if I can save a few bucks sans the rotor wrench.
2006 KLR650 Aztek Red / SW Motec Bars, Givi Top Case, Tank Bag, PMR Rear Luggage Guard, IMS Pro pegs, Mirror Relocation mod, Moose Folding Shift Lever, Gold Valve Cartridge Fork Emulators, T-Mod, Coleman Seat Cover, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Horse Saddlebags, Drill Through Subframe Upgrade, 12.9 Bolts, Doohickey, 16TFS, AGM Battery, AeroLED Tail Light
The Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #48113
blackdiamondmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
MT 21 front on a wrr

Have any of you other wrr owners used a pirelli mt-21 on the front in conjuction with a rear trakmaster? I haven't used a trakmaster on the front and am hesitant since the aggressive "side knobs" tend to "walk" outward in turns on the rear, especially once the centers are worn down. Any ideas for another agressive yet still asphalt-worthy front for a smalll dual sport? Thanks- Mike
blackdiamondmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #48114
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiamondmike View Post
Have any of you other wrr owners used a pirelli mt-21 on the front in conjuction with a rear trakmaster? I haven't used a trakmaster on the front and am hesitant since the aggressive "side knobs" tend to "walk" outward in turns on the rear, especially once the centers are worn down. Any ideas for another agressive yet still asphalt-worthy front for a smalll dual sport? Thanks- Mike
Other then the tread cupping I had great luck with the trakmaster front. I could get 1 front for every 2 rears. I tried a Pirelli Scorpion on once and it wore really fast and cupped badly.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #48115
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,979
Quote:
MT21 is good off road but soft, so it will cup rapidly. Had one on the klr650.
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #48116
palandor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
I have Trakmaster II on both wheels of my xt225.
I don't remember the mileage on the front tire, but it's still in the first 1/3rd of its life. The rear tire is only just starting to wear off those "new tire nubs".
They work great.
-b
Old 05-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #48117
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,759
Quote:
The Trakmaster fronts are sucky, IMHO, mediocre offroad and not great on the pavement either...dumb design for a front tire I think. The MT21 is a great front tire. Expensive, but excellent offroad.

If you can still find them, or if they're importing them anymore the Cheng Shin c755 fronts are great tires, and stupid cheap. They last, they're good all around...but they stopped coming in but were supposed to start arriving again.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #48118
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,516
kids/womens riding gear

looks like I'll be back to riding in a few weeks, this time I'll finally have a bike the kids can ride with me on. but, not without the proper gear.
so, any suggestions on where i can find reasonably priced street gear for the younguns?
I don't want to invest to much, as I'm sure it will be a yearly purchase, but also want it to be a bit better than just decoration.
i guess womens gear would be more appropriate for my daughter. she may only be 12, but she's 5'7" or so...

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #48119
ohiofathead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post

If you can still find them, or if they're importing them anymore the Cheng Shin c755 fronts are great tires, and stupid cheap.
+1

Had one on the KLR and agree.
ohiofathead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #48120
palandor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
looks like I'll be back to riding in a few weeks, this time I'll finally have a bike the kids can ride with me on. but, not without the proper gear.
so, any suggestions on where i can find reasonably priced street gear for the younguns?
I don't want to invest to much, as I'm sure it will be a yearly purchase, but also want it to be a bit better than just decoration.
i guess womens gear would be more appropriate for my daughter. she may only be 12, but she's 5'7" or so...
I took my 10 yr old to a local store two months ago and a men's large helmet fit on his head. Couldn't find a jacket for him, even the men's & women's XS was too big for him. There is a distinct lack of mesh & textile jackets for kids. However, check out dirt bike & ATV protective gear; that line of gear seem to have a bunch of kids stuff, more than any other type.
Moral of the experience: for stuff that has to fit, go to a local store. For stuff that should mostly fit, check online.

palandor screwed with this post 05-02-2012 at 01:51 PM
palandor is offline   Reply With Quote