ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #48121
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by palandor View Post
I took my 10 yr old to a local store two months ago and a men's large helmet fit on his head. Couldn't find a jacket for him, even the men's & women's XS was too big for him. There is a distinct lack of mesh & textile jackets for kids. However, check out dirt bike & ATV protective gear; that line of gear seem to have a bunch of kids stuff, more than any other type.
Moral of the experience: for stuff that has to fit, go to a local store. For stuff that should mostly fit, check online.
Well, I just got home and dug out the big ole box of stuff that was too big for them I had gathered before I sold my last bike. Every bit of it is too small now.
And, like yours, I had my kids try on my helmet for the sizing of it, and it fit them both. I guess my little kids ain't so little anymore.

That said, I've got a whole pile of kids gear that will be hitting the kids gear thread in a bit.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #48122
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiamondmike View Post
Have any of you other wrr owners used a pirelli mt-21 on the front in conjuction with a rear trakmaster? I haven't used a trakmaster on the front and am hesitant since the aggressive "side knobs" tend to "walk" outward in turns on the rear, especially once the centers are worn down. Any ideas for another agressive yet still asphalt-worthy front for a smalll dual sport? Thanks- Mike
I've used a pirelli mt-21 front but with a D606 rear. I have no complaints so far about it.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.

indypup screwed with this post 05-02-2012 at 05:08 PM
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #48123
blackdiamondmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Thanks for the replys about a front tire. The cheng shin front in 21 inch seems sold out everywhere. I'll probably go with a mt-21. -mike
blackdiamondmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #48124
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stew View Post
Hey figured I'd ask here for a more localised response: Anybody have any KLR Doohickie tools and know-how? I'm in the market for buying one and I wanted to see if I can save a few bucks sans the rotor wrench.
Yep,I`ve got the tools...I`m in Columbus.Your welcome to barrow them.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #48125
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
looks like I'll be back to riding in a few weeks, this time I'll finally have a bike the kids can ride with me on. but, not without the proper gear.
so, any suggestions on where i can find reasonably priced street gear for the younguns?
I don't want to invest to much, as I'm sure it will be a yearly purchase, but also want it to be a bit better than just decoration.
i guess womens gear would be more appropriate for my daughter. she may only be 12, but she's 5'7" or so...
My daughter has the HJC CY youth model helmet. Found one on fleabay very gently used pretty cheap. Great lid, small shell design so much better than the big adult helmets on a little noggin.

I'd hit The Pony for clearance jackets and pants - small sizes are a plenty in the closeout rack. We found a women's small Kilimanjaro jacket for my daughter for $39! Can't beat that.

Same with pants and boots.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #48126
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,554
Looks like Iron pony it is. I guess that means I need to stop by the ktm dealer and take a look at that leftover 950sm while I'm up that way, and go test ride my father in laws full dresser I've been talking about buying off of him as well.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #48127
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stew View Post
Hey figured I'd ask here for a more localised response: Anybody have any KLR Doohickie tools and know-how? I'm in the market for buying one and I wanted to see if I can save a few bucks sans the rotor wrench.
I'm in Marietta and have the tools, but I think you're close to Dayton...
ruppster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #48128
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
The IP is in the middle of a road construction/clusterflock/traffic nightmare. SR 3 is all messed up, don't go during prime time.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #48129
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
The IP is in the middle of a road construction/clusterflock/traffic nightmare. SR 3 is all messed up, don't go during prime time.
That`s why they make dual sport bikes....so you don`t have to wait in line.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #48130
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioroadrat View Post
That`s why they make dual sport bikes....so you don`t have to wait in line.
No that's why they made 161 so you could avoid rt3.
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #48131
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
The exit to SR 3 off 161 coming from the east is closed, so you can't just slide off and slip in the back via the parking lot. You have to at least cross 3 but that's not obvious until you are already in the grinder.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #48132
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
The exit to SR 3 off 161 coming from the east is closed, so you can't just slide off and slip in the back via the parking lot. You have to at least cross 3 but that's not obvious until you are already in the grinder.
I always take 270 around to 161 and then come in from west bound exit. I feel your pain though and sr3 has been a pain for years, I am betting the construction is just making it a dream.

2006 KLR650
Old 05-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #48133
danielst
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
So... any decisions made about a Tar Hollow ride on Saturday yet? We've got quite a bit of rain here on Tuesday night but it was sunny and windy today and dried things out quite a bit more than I expected.

Trying to determine if I need to make the trip to KY for the dual sport or if I can just stay at home and ride with you guys.
danielst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #48134
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielst View Post
So... any decisions made about a Tar Hollow ride on Saturday yet? We've got quite a bit of rain here on Tuesday night but it was sunny and windy today and dried things out quite a bit more than I expected.

Trying to determine if I need to make the trip to KY for the dual sport or if I can just stay at home and ride with you guys.
Not sure what's up yet, but BigOhio sounds like he's planning to ride Saturday, I'm thinking of doing something Sunday. With all the rain I may just do a road ride down 41 and the surrounding area on the strom. Haven't been down there for a while and since everyone now knows Tar Hollow area now, well time for some research.
2006 KLR650
Old 05-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #48135
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,143
Saturday morning is shot for me now, I have to take my truck to get tires and that's the only time I can get the friend hookup.

As soaked as everything is, I think I'm going to avoid the real trails (I'm really not THAT fond of mud) and maybe go ride either the Coshocton area or the usual Danville/Morrow county roads.

I'm finally getting ahead on work (despite punching a hole in a piston on one of my mowers yesterday...) and will be needing some theraputic riding, I had to go bash some gravel tonight to stay sane.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote