ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #48151
palandor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
That said, I've got a whole pile of kids gear that will be hitting the kids gear thread in a bit.
There's a kid's gear thread?? Yaay! Now, if only I can find it. :-D
(if you have a bookmark to it, that would be appreciated, but I'll keep looking.)
Old 05-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #48152
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
L fork seal, new fork oil in both, brakes, tires, wheel bearings.

I have heard submarines are really hard on wheel bearings.
Perhaps not so much the machines themselves, but the captains of said submarines.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #48153
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,114
Quote:
L fork seal, new fork oil in both, brakes, tires, wheel bearings.
I have a 48mm seal driver you can use, not sure what yours are.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #48154
S2P
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
good looking out on the mirrors, I wish I could find just a base, the problem is, the left side of my bars is pretty packed with stuff...I've gotten pretty used to just having a right mirror....
I'm not sure what you need or what you are calling the base. I used a mirror clamp off of Suzuki BK street bike. It is threaded on the top and replaces the half clamp on a stock lever perch. That's how I fit a mirror on my WR426

WR 426
TTR 125
S2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #48155
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by palandor View Post
There's a kid's gear thread?? Yaay! Now, if only I can find it. :-D
(if you have a bookmark to it, that would be appreciated, but I'll keep looking.)
Alright. Here's the bookmark for the kids gear thread.

Here's what I have to get rid of-

- there's a couple things not in the pic in the link as well...

Here's my smugmug page with individual pics and sizing info on the gear.

You are free to take anything you can use. What you don't want, I'll list up on this thread so other locals can call dibs on anything. Then, whatever is left will go on the kids gear thread.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #48156
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
Looks like I can ride Sunday also. I still have a few 100 miles left on the back tire of the WR. that I need to finish off.
The E rated 9 ply knobby?

Quote:
Assuming my WR is done by then I am also available Sunday. Though, I work til 3am Saturday night / Sunday morning (which usually becomes 5am by the time I'm done with reports and such) so a late morning start would be better for me.

It's a date then...(in a strictly slightly homo-erotic way....)

I may or may not get my new tire spooned on by then, there's still some slivers of tread left on the old 270...My inherant cheapnees makes it hard to cope with taking off a tire that's still "good".

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #48157
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 879
[QUOTE=Gonzo_Matt;18606546]The E rated 9 ply knobby?

Thats the one. I figured the 300 miles last sunday would kill it for sure. I got a flat Tuesday after work and was going to change it but the hole in the tube was real small so I patched it and put the tire back on. Thats the 4th rear tire since I bought the WR in sept. figure I better get all i can out of it.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #48158
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2P View Post
I'm not sure what you need or what you are calling the base. I used a mirror clamp off of Suzuki BK street bike. It is threaded on the top and replaces the half clamp on a stock lever perch. That's how I fit a mirror on my WR426
this is what I need, the left mirror is mounted this way, the right is threaded into a (now broken) boss on the controls. unfortunatly, I don't really have enough room on my bars to fit anouther mount, I might have to move my GPS.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #48159
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,112
Count me in for Sunday too.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #48160
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
I'm out for Sunday. Grilling a big farewell lunch for my family, as a bunch of them are headed to Germany next week. I did get out for a bit over 300 miles today. Went and explored this big green blob between Jackson and Hunington:

Pretty disappointed though. Couldn't find anything old/unmaintained. Lots of pavement, and what gravel I could find was deep and smooth. Tons of dead end roads that go to people's houses. This one was missing a bridge:

The funnest part of the ride was passing through laurelville on the way home. I went to a known dirt road on the easier end of the spectrum, and simply went up and down the thing gaining confidence. By the last time, I had it in traction control 2, and could slide the ass end around every turn. Goose it in the straights and you're instantly going 60+! Lay on the brakes all you want and ABS slows you confidently. It's like cheating. Way way more fun than should be allowed! I decided to quit while I was ahead.

Caught a nail somewhere. Back tire looked a little low in Circleville and was a lot low once I hit Columbus.

I had the pump and plug kit with me, but I made it home before having to deal with it. Got it plugged and filled. If its still over 40psi in the morning I'll be good to go!
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #48161
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,164
Anyone interested in a little 250+ mile adv style big bike exploration ride? I have an interesting route planned out but who knows what we'll find? I'll be on the strom so nothing too much worse than gravel.

We can start off rt33 or Mount Sterling area depending on who wants to go.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #48162
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
I have heard submarines are really hard on wheel bearings.
Perhaps not so much the machines themselves, but the captains of said submarines.
The bearings are good, still, with 19k on them; I just figured it is cheap peace of mind. I would hate to get sion'd in the middle of nowhere for lack of preventative maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
I have a 48mm seal driver you can use, not sure what yours are.
I don't do that shit myself, that's why I have a job. But thanks....
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:20 AM   #48163
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,606
Quote:
The bearings are good, still, with 19k on them; I just figured it is cheap peace of mind. I would hate to get sion'd in the middle of nowhere for lack of preventative maintenance.

I don't do that shit myself, that's why I have a job. But thanks....
Damn, getting sion'd must really suck. ;)
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:24 AM   #48164
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Anyone interested in a little 250+ mile adv style big bike exploration ride? I have an interesting route planned out but who knows what we'll find? I'll be on the strom so nothing too much worse than gravel.

We can start off rt33 or Mount Sterling area depending on who wants to go.
I'd like too, but I'm headed down to the Renfro Valley Dual Sport ride in KY this weekend.

2012 RENFRO VALLEY DUAL SPORT MAY 5th & 6th

Highlights from event flyer:

This year’s tour takes you through picturesque, private & public grounds near the Daniel Boone National Forest.

THE COURSE FEATURES:
√ Scenic winding roads
√ Challenging Trails
√ Plenty of Fun
You may not find a better place to ride your motorcycle anywhere, and much of the course is used only once a year.
for this dual-sport ride. So join us for our annual tour through some of Kentucky's Finest Trails!!

Expect 125 miles the first day and 80 miles the second, with designated gas stops along the route. You will be equipped with a route sheet for roll chart mounting. Our group leaders & sweep crew riders will be on hand for assistance if needed. Your entry includes 2 full days of dual sport adventure. Lunch is provided both days for all entrants. At
Saturday night's dinner eligibility for our GREAT contingency prizes from our sponsors will be awarded. Renfro Valley KOA will be selling breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.

indypup screwed with this post 05-04-2012 at 02:41 AM
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:36 AM   #48165
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I'd like too, but I'm headed down to the Renfro Valley Dual Sport ride in KY this weekend.

I'm jealous. Wish I could go...maybe next year. On the way back from Tennessee, I rode right through the Renfro Valley. Even from the interstate, you could see trails all over the place...looked like awesome country for off-roading.

Be sure to get lots of pics and video...I'll wanna see em...even if no one else does.

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote