ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2012, 04:24 AM   #48166
Benly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
So does anyone have any interest in riding Tar Hollow this weekend? Looks like the weather favors Sunday, but I could ride Saturday. I just need to commit today one way or the other so I can lock in some plans with the family the other day.
Benly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:43 AM   #48167
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Anyone interested in a little 250+ mile adv style big bike exploration ride? I have an interesting route planned out but who knows what we'll find? I'll be on the strom so nothing too much worse than gravel.

We can start off rt33 or Mount Sterling area depending on who wants to go.
I'd be interested, but I'm out this weekend. Not sure about next sunday yet, but I'm free Thursday!!!
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:25 AM   #48168
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
I'm jealous. Wish I could go...maybe next year. On the way back from Tennessee, I rode right through the Renfro Valley. Even from the interstate, you could see trails all over the place...looked like awesome country for off-roading.

Be sure to get lots of pics and video...I'll wanna see em...even if no one else does.
Ok, I'll have my gopro with me. ;) I won't say how long it will take to edit it afterwards though. That part sucks! ;)

Here's a video that I made I few days ago with a few annotations like you requested. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mey51BIKxDI
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #48169
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
I'd be interested, but I'm out this weekend. Not sure about next sunday yet, but I'm free Thursday!!!
How's the uly coming? I finally have some change coming in.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #48170
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,682
Crow canyon on Sat for anyone that wants to ride TRAILS.

Rumor has it there will be a brand spankin new singletrack laid out.
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #48171
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by z@ch View Post
Crow canyon on Sat for anyone that wants to ride TRAILS.

Rumor has it there will be a brand spankin new singletrack laid out.
In. obviously.

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #48172
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
How's the uly coming? I finally have some change coming in.
Should be done Monday.

They went ahead and replaced all roller bearings and seals throughout the entire bottom end.

2 weeks ago:

2 days ago:

They're giving it a full detail too... a $250 value!
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #48173
blackdiamondmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Quote:
Anyone interested in a little 250+ mile adv style big bike exploration ride? I have an interesting route planned out but who knows what we'll find? I'll be on the strom so nothing too much worse than gravel.

We can start off rt33 or Mount Sterling area depending on who wants to go.
Which day? I might be able to go if my KLR qualifies as a "big bike". -Mike
blackdiamondmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #48174
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,255
Watch for a pair from ohio in probably one of the the first little cabins on the way into the campground. They should be driving a black honda ridgeline. Dave is on a Honda CRF250X and Tim is on an older Husky WR250. Tim is the short, bald one. If you see him, Yell Timmmmyyy like you are on south park and tell him to make sure he buckles his pants before loading the bike this time. Have fun - I'm jealous

Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I'd like too, but I'm headed down to the Renfro Valley Dual Sport ride in KY this weekend.

2012 RENFRO VALLEY DUAL SPORT MAY 5th & 6th

Highlights from event flyer:

This year’s tour takes you through picturesque, private & public grounds near the Daniel Boone National Forest.

THE COURSE FEATURES:
√ Scenic winding roads
√ Challenging Trails
√ Plenty of Fun
You may not find a better place to ride your motorcycle anywhere, and much of the course is used only once a year.
for this dual-sport ride. So join us for our annual tour through some of Kentucky's Finest Trails!!

Expect 125 miles the first day and 80 miles the second, with designated gas stops along the route. You will be equipped with a route sheet for roll chart mounting. Our group leaders & sweep crew riders will be on hand for assistance if needed. Your entry includes 2 full days of dual sport adventure. Lunch is provided both days for all entrants. At
Saturday night's dinner eligibility for our GREAT contingency prizes from our sponsors will be awarded. Renfro Valley KOA will be selling breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #48175
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiamondmike View Post
Which day? I might be able to go if my KLR qualifies as a "big bike". -Mike
Sunday. Sure, anything able to go over 65mph. Looking at meeting up around 9am since it will be a full day of riding. First meeting spot at I71 and 56 since there is a gas station right there and it's easy to get to. After that we'll head down 62 from Mount Sterling till just north on Washington Court House. Then some back roads to 41 down towards Bainbridge and then into the great unknown. Back and forth across southern Ohio toward Tar Hollow where it will be just some fun roads making our way back towards Columbus and home.
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #48176
Benly
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Sunday. Sure, anything able to go over 65mph. Looking at meeting up around 9am since it will be a full day of riding. First meeting spot at I71 and 56 since there is a gas station right there and it's easy to get to. After that we'll head down 62 from Mount Sterling till just north on Washington Court House. Then some back roads to 41 down towards Bainbridge and then into the great unknown. Back and forth across southern Ohio toward Tar Hollow where it will be just some fun roads making our way back towards Columbus and home.

Well since no ones been posting up about going to Tar Hollow this weekend (probably too wet anyway) the big bike ride on Sunday sounds like a good alternate plan. Just lowered the gearing on the KLR, so I guess Ill be riding the Wee Strom.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #48177
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benly View Post
Well since no ones been posting up about going to Tar Hollow this weekend (probably too wet anyway) the big bike ride on Sunday sounds like a good alternate plan. Just lowered the gearing on the KLR, so I guess Ill be riding the Wee Strom.
What gearing did you put on the KLR? I have 14/47 on mine right now with 90/10 tires.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #48178
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
Watch for a pair from ohio in probably one of the the first little cabins on the way into the campground. They should be driving a black honda ridgeline. Dave is on a Honda CRF250X and Tim is on an older Husky WR250. Tim is the short, bald one. If you see him, Yell Timmmmyyy like you are on south park and tell him to make sure he buckles his pants before loading the bike this time. Have fun - I'm jealous
I'll yell if I see 'em
Old 05-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #48179
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benly View Post
The wee strom is a good bike for the ride.
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #48180
Benly
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
What gearing did you put on the KLR? I have 14/47 on mine right now with 90/10 tires.

Ive got 14/45, so not quite as low as your gearing. Seems to cruise very comfortably up to 60mph but starts feeling busy after that. Just right for a 45 mile back roads trip down to Tar Hollow, but not the best setup for a long ride up to Danville. I definitely want to make it up there sometime to meet the folks that usually ride that area though.