ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #48511
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
Neh, save your time.
holy crap, you weren't kidding. There were 2 notes of interest.....

OK, so I'm obviously interested in dirt on Saturday.

I would LOVE to be there Thursday but work would most likely fire me.

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #48512
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,044
Oh, by the way, don't go down or up RT104 this weekend. Tour of scioto river valley going on, mucho bicycles.
Just sayin'

Cheers!
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #48513
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
(2) When an obstruction exists making it necessary to drive to the left of the center of the highway; provided, any person so doing shall yield the right of way to all vehicles traveling in the proper direction upon the unobstructed portion of the highway within such distance as to constitute an immediate hazard;
Not trying to be a smart ass, asking a serious question as this may happen to me sometime, not that it has. What if the obstruction (bicycle) doesn't make it necessary to drive left of center? I.E. motorcycle/bike sharing the same lane? Say you are riding a motorcycle and come upon a group of bikes. Pass in the left lane if safe, but what about lane sharing with the bicycle and even overtaking in the same lane if they are single file on the right. Is there anything wrong/illegal with this?
Old 05-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #48514
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOhio View Post
Mama's day is Sunday so Saturday is probably best for me. Being as I was only there once on a "cough" ATV and ended up getting that stuck shortly after arriving and taking the rest of the day trying to get it out, I have no idea of what it is all about. Anyone want to offer there services as a guide?
I'll wait and see what the rain situation is. Not a big fan of Perry on a big bike and the 426 isn't registered or ORV stickered. So it's 950 pig in mud. There is some local stuff that can be fun but not any better than TH.
So I might be up for Thursday in TH.
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #48515
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailCallsMeKarl View Post

I would LOVE to be there Thursday but work would most likely fire me.

That's fine. Under the new regime you can get Unemployment for 5-10 years and then they will pay for your college, and give you money to live on too. Hell we are the suckers for going in each day!

(This isnt a poke at those currently unemployed and actually looking for employment. This is directed to those I see everyday that wait until their free ride ends after several years and then begin to look.)
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #48516
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,384
Quote:
Not trying to be a smart ass, asking a serious question as this may happen to me sometime, not that it has. What if the obstruction (bicycle) doesn't make it necessary to drive left of center? I.E. motorcycle/bike sharing the same lane? Say you are riding a motorcycle and come upon a group of bikes. Pass in the left lane if safe, but what about lane sharing with the bicycle and even overtaking in the same lane if they are single file on the right. Is there anything wrong/illegal with this?
It is legal.
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #48517
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Attention all advrider members

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
Oh, by the way, don't go down or up RT104 this weekend. Tour of scioto river valley going on, mucho bicycles.
Just sayin'

Cheers!

Group ride scheduled this weekend on rt104 ladies and gentlemen. Baldy will be there giving away a free GS to the slowest rider in the group. Trials bikes welcome.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #48518
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
I'll wait and see what the rain situation is. Not a big fan of Perry on a big bike and the 426 isn't registered or ORV stickered. So it's 950 pig in mud. There is some local stuff that can be fun but not any better than TH.
Where are you at on the swingarm bearing replacement on the KLR? I couldnt tell if it was you yelling or thunder I heard last time you were working on it.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #48519
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,939
It took me 29 years to get them to let me put something other than the damn football hall of fame on the county map.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #48520
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
Quote:
I may know where there is a KTM525 with an off-road sticker already attached to it and set up for a rider of about your size that is not doing anything Saturday.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #48521
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,384
Quote:
That's fine. Under the new regime you can get Unemployment for 5-10 years and then they will pay for your college, and give you money to live on too. Hell we are the suckers for going in each day!

(This isnt a poke at those currently unemployed and actually looking for employment. This is directed to those I see everyday that wait until their free ride ends after several years and then begin to look.)
As you know, they are discussing laying me off. If they do, I am absolutely riding the gravy train for 2 years. I've paid my dues and then some, working 3 jobs at a time sometimes, never being unemployed since I was 14 and never without a full time job since I was 17.

I'll be poor as shit, but I figure I'll take about 6 months and leave the household to Meredith to run, and just ride around the US, Canada, and Mexico.

I've actually kind of been hoping they lay me off, I'll never get to do it otherwise.
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #48522
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Where are you at on the swingarm bearing replacement on the KLR? I couldnt tell if it was you yelling or thunder I heard last time you were working on it.
Well after soaking it for five days with PB Blaster and buying a 1/2 inch punch... I broke the punch Saturday and the bolt is still only moving about 1cm back a fourth. Next step is to slap it back together and take it to Xenia to see what can be done now.
2006 KLR650
Old 05-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #48523
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
I may know where there is a KTM525 with an off-road sticker already attached to it and set up for a rider of about your size that is not doing anything Saturday.

I can't afford to keep my own shit fixed. I really don't need to be breaking yours.
2006 KLR650
Old 05-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #48524
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
As you know, they are discussing laying me off. If they do, I am absolutely riding the gravy train for 2 years. I've paid my dues and then some, working 3 jobs at a time sometimes, never being unemployed since I was 14 and never without a full time job since I was 17.

I'll be poor as shit, but I figure I'll take about 6 months and leave the household to Meredith to run, and just ride around the US, Canada, and Mexico.

I've actually kind of been hoping they lay me off, I'll never get to do it otherwise.

Hey, I'm retiring at the end of the year, figuring on doing the same thing.
Poor, but happy!
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #48525
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
Well after soaking it for five days with PB Blaster and buying a 1/2 inch punch... I broke the punch Saturday and the bolt is still only moving about 1cm back a fourth. Next step is to slap it back together and take it to Xenia to see what can be done now.
Hmmmm

I havent looked closely at where mine are and how they are setup but can you use like a ball joint press to push them out maybe?