ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #48841
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
meh...leave em til monday...who needs email on the weekends anyway?
I'd love too...I've been on the phone with MS since 2pm today. :( My boss works in France at our corp HQ and is not happy right now. Email is more important than our ERP software in his mind. :(
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #48842
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I'd love too...I've been on the phone with MS since 2pm today. :( My boss works in France at our corp HQ and is not happy right now. Email is more important than our ERP software in his mind. :(
Sorry, didn't know that was your server I was spamming.
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #48843
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post

dontcha just love clueless bosses? I've got a bunch of em where I work

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #48844
GregsBro
a.k.a. Scott

Oddometer: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
count on heading to iron pony tomorrow looking for gear for the kids on the cheap. anything i should know before driving 2.5 hours? there's no place local that has anything, and i want to be able to have them try stuff on so mail order is out......
Afterward go up Rte. 3 north to Carsonies for some Stromboli.
GregsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:27 AM   #48845
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,202
Well I've been up all night working on recovering 4 email servers. (2 clusters/4 nodes). They are still not up but I handed things off to someone else. :( Looks like Perry is out of question since I'm so tired. May do something later closer to home I guess. :(
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:47 AM   #48846
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsBro View Post
Afterward go up Rte. 3 north to Carsonies for some Stromboli.
Thanks for the suggestion, but it will most likely be head to the other side of town to check out the leftover KTM 950sm at ohio motorcycle, then up to Dublin for dinner with the in laws.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:39 AM   #48847
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
I'm fixin' to go ride the DR on some gravel/township roads, pushing off from here at 10:30. Anyone want to go?
Old 05-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #48848
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
To answer questions buried in the past several pages....

Someone asked what I wore to Perry... I'm still piecing together a warm weather wardrobe... But I have an Axo Aircage mesh pressure suit that I wore the other day that works great for upper body protection, and is VERY breathable. Lower body protection isn't quite perfected yet. The other day, I wore some Bohn compression pants with built in tail bone, hip, and thigh armor, then some big dirt bike knee/shin guards (the small knee pads in the Bohn pants were useless, so I pulled them out) and waterproof Alpinestar Scout adventure boots. I wore cargo pants over all that stuff, and a sweatshirt for the road portion of the ride, but stashed that once I hit the trails. I know I look a bit like a power ranger in the pressure suit... but it's effective.

Someone else (Matt maybe?) asked me about next Thursday... Nearest I can tell I'm free! You thinking back roads, or Perry, or somewhere else? I'm up for anything. Back roads are generally faster pace, and I do less damage to myself and my bike.... but I'd love to get better at navigating Perry.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #48849
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
To answer questions buried in the past several pages....

Someone asked what I wore to Perry... I'm still piecing together a warm weather wardrobe... But I have an Axo Aircage mesh pressure suit that I wore the other day that works great for upper body protection, and is VERY breathable. Lower body protection isn't quite perfected yet. The other day, I wore some Bohn compression pants with built in tail bone, hip, and thigh armor, then some big dirt bike knee/shin guards (the small knee pads in the Bohn pants were useless, so I pulled them out) and waterproof Alpinestar Scout adventure boots. I wore cargo pants over all that stuff, and a sweatshirt for the road portion of the ride, but stashed that once I hit the trails. I know I look a bit like a power ranger in the pressure suit... but it's effective.

Someone else (Matt maybe?) asked me about next Thursday... Nearest I can tell I'm free! You thinking back roads, or Perry, or somewhere else? I'm up for anything. Back roads are generally faster pace, and I do less damage to myself and my bike.... but I'd love to get better at navigating Perry.

That was me on both counts...I see how it is, I'm just a someone to you. I thought we were friends...Facebook lied to me....

I'm looking for some cooler gear for trail riding, I about passed out trying to kickstart my bike in the sun on sunday ( I thought it was flooded until Whitey pointed out that the switch was in the "OFF" position....)

I really don't care what we ride on Thursday. I'd like to get a game plan in advance, if you want to go to Perry, I need to change tires first, if it's going to be gravel roads, I'll keep grinding down the 270. The coal lands have a bunch of fun roads around them and there are a few trail areas. Regardless, I need to swing into IP and grab some new goggles, I learned my lesson last sunday...

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #48850
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
That was me on both counts...I see how it is, I'm just a someone to you. I thought we were friends...Facebook lied to me....

A pressure suit is the way to go for breathable protection. You can wear a jersey over it to eliminate the power ranger look, but then you've got the racer-boy look. Either way, Iron Pony had some in the closeout section when I was there last week. It'd definitely be worth a look since you're already going.

Anyone else want to ride Thursday and have a preference where we go?
Old 05-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #48851
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer: 1,616
perry

Met up with Kory,Rob,Bob,Byron and two others(forget their names) and had a great ride what little I did. Riped the sole off my boot,went back to the parking lot to try and fix it but it was too far gone. Kory and Rob really know their way around there. Thanks Rob for helping me over a stupid little 4ft bank and out of a mud hole that my rear tire slipped into and thanks Kory for leading the way........It really felt good to do that again.

ohioroadrat screwed with this post 05-12-2012 at 01:31 PM
ohioroadrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #48852
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Anyone else want to ride Thursday and have a preference where we go?
I'll ride, and Perry would be okay with me. I do it a few times a year to remember why I don't do it more often, and I haven't had my annual reminder yet.

I am technically off Thursday, but I have grand jury at 9:00, shouldn't take more than an hour and I can get all loaded up the night before to minimize the time investment Thursday morning.

MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #48853
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I'll ride, and Perry would be okay with me. I do it a few times a year to remember why I don't do it more often, and I haven't had my annual reminder yet.

I am technically off Thursday, but I have grand jury at 9:00, shouldn't take more than an hour and I can get all loaded up the night before to minimize the time investment Thursday morning.

Sounds good! So you'd be down there about what... 11:30? That should work. (Matt, if you want to meet up earlier, I can certainly do that too). I can't stay too late; I'd have to leave around 4 or 4:30, but that's still a good days ride on trails.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #48854
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,311
Quote:
I do it a few times a year to remember why I don't do it more often, and I haven't had my annual reminder yet.
You haven't ridden with the right trail boss yet. Quickdraw had it right .... Kory knows his Perry. There is more single track than I could have imagined. The ATVs haven't ruined everything yet.

It was good to ride with you boys today. Pushed my limits and had a blast. Thanks for leading, Kory. Next time I see Travis in need of a beer it'll be on me. ... he circled back to help me 4-5 times on that last loop. Thanx!

Edit: fixed spelling of Kory's name. Sry, dude

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.

'Flagger screwed with this post 05-12-2012 at 01:24 PM
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #48855
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,124
Quote:

Great...Perry tried to kill me with just Alan and Mike.......better change my tire....

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote