ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #49156
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 2,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Saturday I was invited on a road ride with an inmate from Ohio Riders who've I've ridden with before, goes by Pfloyd out of Springfield. Supposed to be a bunch of connies. So I imagine it will be all road.
Hmm, those C14 guys think their extra 100 CC makes them far superior to my 10 year old ST1300 model that Honda sees no need to make changes to except for the color.... I'd probably have to prove otherwise.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #49157
Alacrity
Semi Pro Bar Vaulter

Oddometer: 468
Been transporting on a single bike hitch carrier. I know some of you have trucks/vans, trailer, maybe a toy carrier. Throw some options out there that work for you. I'm not very creative

My thought is a 3 rail trailer? Could get by with a 2 rail. Examples? Either a well liked model or a specific listing - like it to be cheapish (under a grand) TIA
Old 05-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #49158
Badjuju
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Here ya go. Pretty nice lite, little trailer--and unusual design--for $750. You'd never have trouble finding it in a sea of haulers!

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/3025030101.html
Some people will tell you that slow is good, and it may be on some days, but I am here to tell you that fast is better... Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature
Badjuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #49159
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 2,808
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Saturday I was invited on a road ride with an inmate from Ohio Riders who've I've ridden with before, goes by Pfloyd out of Springfield. Supposed to be a bunch of connies. So I imagine it will be all road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
Hmm, those C14 guys think their extra 100 CC makes them far superior to my 10 year old ST1300 model that Honda sees no need to make changes to except for the color.... I'd probably have to prove otherwise.
heeheheheh Pfloydgad ain't a C14 owner, he's an "Original" COG'r....riding a bike that was virtually unchanged, except for paint color, for 20 years...... ZG1000
I on the other hand do have the superior Transcontinental Super Sports Touring machine...C14....and it is Silver-Dammit to boot....Just like my original 86 was, heheehehehehehe
all kidding aside, Greg's (PFloydgad's) saturday sesion is a COG wrench-a-thon and day ride/tire kicking sesion, good folks, good friends of mine, and you'd be surprised how many COG folks own Stroms, G/S's and D/S other brands....
Tell Greg that M.O.B. says "yo", and if he needs any emergency parts to call me....he has my number.

insert ADV Salute here:

old bikes rock.....30 years worth

MAN OF BLUES screwed with this post 05-22-2012 at 12:44 PM
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #49160
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,728
My riding plans for Memorial Day weekend: None. Not riding. At all. Anywhere.

Srsly, after last weekend my travel itch is scratched and last year my memorial day ride was mostly stuck behind oblivious dickholes who are quite happy to amble about at 8mph under the limit in long lines of retardation while I fume in my helmet.

I hate Memorial Day on the roads.

I'm gonna go kayaking with the pooch and do an overnighter. Much more relaxing.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #49161
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
My riding plans for Memorial Day weekend: None. Not riding. At all. Anywhere.

Srsly, after last weekend my travel itch is scratched and last year my memorial day ride was mostly stuck behind oblivious dickholes who are quite happy to amble about at 8mph under the limit in long lines of retardation while I fume in my helmet.

I hate Memorial Day on the roads.

I'm gonna go kayaking with the pooch and do an overnighter. Much more relaxing.
What? I was ready to ride off-road again today...maybe not the Hanging rock 200 but off-road I got the ST13 out on Sunday and moved the Ohio Tag (not the one on this site) too.

I've always wanted to get into Kayaking too but never had anyone else that was interested and didn't want to go alone... ;)
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #49162
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES View Post
heeheheheh Pfloydgad ain't a C14 owner, he's an "Original" COG'r....riding a bike that was virtually unchanged, except for paint color, for 20 years...... ZG1000
I on the other hand do have the superior Transcontinental Super Sports Touring machine...C14....and it is Silver-Dammit to boot....Just like my original 86 was, heheehehehehehe
all kidding aside, Greg's (PFloydgad's) saturday sesion is a COG wrench-a-thon and day ride/tire kicking sesion, good folks, good friends of mine, and you'd be surprised how many COG folks own Stroms, G/S's and D/S other brands....
Tell Greg that M.O.B. says "yo", and if he needs any emergency parts to call me....he has my number.

insert ADV Salute here:

old bikes rock.....30 years worth
I was just kidding about the C14 guys too. The guy I went to Alaska with last year was on a C14...he found out that a radiator guard is a good farkle to have though. ;)
Old 05-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #49163
swingset
Got the knack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I've always wanted to get into Kayaking too but never had anyone else that was interested and didn't want to go alone... ;)
I do solo trips about 99% of the time....if you count me and my lab as a solo act. It's fun with other people, but I enjoy being out on the water alone. I just cruise and camp, not really a fast water guy.

Solo is tough as you have to either do a lake/loop or arrange travel from your destination back to your truck. I usually talk my nephew into dropping me off and then getting me at the destination.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #49164
buildit
Pumpkin Rider

Oddometer: 13,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES View Post
Will do.I assume I won't get punched for saying you screen name to his face.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #49165
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
I do solo trips about 99% of the time....if you count me and my lab as a solo act. It's fun with other people, but I enjoy being out on the water alone. I just cruise and camp, not really a fast water guy.

Solo is tough as you have to either do a lake/loop or arrange travel from your destination back to your truck. I usually talk my nephew into dropping me off and then getting me at the destination.
So no trip down the upper gauley river in WV? I've done it about 10 times in small raft but always wanted to try it in a Kayak...of course after I learned how to do it. ;)

Those guys that do it standing up are nuts too. lol
Old 05-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #49166
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,891
I soooo want to raft the Gauley one of these years. I've rafted the New River several times now, but the Gauley just looks amazing.

I love Kayaking as well, but I've never had the opportunity to get on a kayak on rapids. Some day!
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #49167
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
I soooo want to raft the Gauley one of these years. I've rafted the New River several times now, but the Gauley just looks amazing.

I love Kayaking as well, but I've never had the opportunity to get on a kayak on rapids. Some day!
Maybe we should organize a trip for this fall. I'm sure we could get some people from here to do it. I haven't been for several years so I'm ready to go again. ;)

I've always used an outfitter called "Rivers" when I've gone. That place gets pretty wild at the Red Dog River Saloon after the trips!
Old 05-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #49168
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,891
I might be able to work that out. My girlfriend/friends enjoy the New River, but none sounded excited when we all started talking about the Gauley. Pansies.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #49169
swingset
Got the knack.

I don't like being upside down in the water, where there are big rocks. You guys can kayak the Gauley all you want. Be sure to put a Go-Pro on.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #49170
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
I don't like being upside down in the water, where there are big rocks. You guys can kayak the Gauley all you want. Be sure to put a Go-Pro on.

Why of course...we Go-Pro'ers don't take a dump without one on.