ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #49306
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioPT View Post
+1 I was shocked when I didn't see turn signals listed on the Affidavit form, since the Ohio Revised Code does state that they are required (as Meef mentioned earlier). Obviously there is some gray area, but I can see someone easily getting out of a ticket (for no turn signals) if they show the court the Affidavit form.
Especially since the form come from the Ohio Department of Public Safety. I would say it's a good idea to carry a copy of you affidavit with you on a converted bike.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #49307
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Speedo is required too.
I am NOT wearing one of those!

Well, maybe if you do, I might...

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #49308
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dog View Post
Be sure and ride US421 and 16
We pwnd them last weekend at Ricks RDV
ps: avoid the parkway, especially on a holiday weekend
I like the Snake and even have video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bmtjvk6rps

Music by the The Outlaws "Green Grass & High Tides"
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #49309
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Where are you getting them and how long do they take to ship? I need it for next weekends night ride!
Also, what size front sprocket are you running?

Edit, the long version since I made it to a computer:

I'm guessing mine wore out because the OEM chain is getting kinky (despite being thoroughly lubed), and because I was using the full suspension travel yesterday on the jumps. Sooo, if I replace the slider, I should replace the chain. And if I replace the chain, I should replace the oem sprockets. And since I'm replacing the sprockets, I'd like to go up one in the front to 14 front and 47 rear. This will bring the overall ration down just a hair from OEM, but will get the chain much further from the slider, to hopefully eliminate slider wear. But if I go 14 front, then my current aftermarket engine case guard won't fit, and I'll have to buy the freedom industries one.
And that's how a $50 piece of plastic is going to cost me $300.
Dammit.
I bought a couple from RonAyers.com after Zach told me about the problem that SOME WR's have with going through sliders.

When I bought the bike it had a 12 in the front. I figured that was the problem so I put the 13 back on (got the OEM one with bike when I bought it) and still had problem. So I over tightened the chain from normal and still had problem...then I run it loose as a goose and still had problem. I figured it was from my fat ass and bottoming the suspension under power too much so I went to a 14 in front and the problem has gone away...

Yes, I had to replace the OEM sprocket cover with a Freedom one...
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #49310
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I like the Snake and even have video.

you have video? huh, go figure...

which reminds me, I wish I'd taken the camera with me the other day...that would be gnarly to see the video of the deer strike

anyway good stuff, great song and looks like a fun road

ah needs to get me one o them thar sport tourin motorsickles and go ride down there some more

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #49311
Alacrity
Semi Pro Bar Vaulter

Oddometer: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
Especially since the form come from the Ohio Department of Public Safety. I would say it's a good idea to carry a copy of you affidavit with you on a converted bike.
Plenty of ambiguity >
4519.41 Operation of vehicle on or near highway, street or road.

Snowmobiles, off-highway motorcycles, and all-purpose vehicles may be operated as follows:
(A) To make a crossing of a highway,...

(B) On highways in the county or township road systems whenever the local authority having jurisdiction over such highways so permits;

(C) Off and alongside a street or highway for limited distances from the point of unloading from a conveyance to the point at which the snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicle is intended and authorized to be operated;

(D) On the berm or shoulder of a highway, other than a highway as designated in division (A)(1) of section 4519.40 of the Revised Code , when the terrain permits such operation to be undertaken safely and without the necessity of entering any traffic lane;

(E) On the berm or shoulder of a county or township road, while traveling from one area of operation of the snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicle to another such area.

Effective Date: 01-01-2004

I've rarely see any country road with a shoulder or berm - but interesting there's provisions
Old 05-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #49312
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,101
Greetings from Kuwait

Hi, all,

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend, but take a moment to remember the reason for the holiday.

Joe

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #49313
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
Hi, all,

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend, but take a moment to remember the reason for the holiday.

Joe
Good to hear from you Joe. Stay safe and thank you for your service!
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #49314
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
Hi, all,

Joe
THANK YOU JOE!!!!!!

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #49315
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Any of you 'planning ahead' type WRR'ers happen to have a spare swingarm guard laying around? Or even a used one that isn't completely worn through? Nobody can in confidence tell me they'll have one in time (with the holiday weekend).

I'd rather steal one from one of you, then just give you my new one when it comes in.

OR, does anyone know a shop that might actually have one in stock? I've called Rocky Mountain ATV, Powersports Plus, and the Pony, with everyone having to order it from Yamaha.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #49316
sion
sigh-own

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
Good to hear from you Joe. Stay safe and thank you for your service!

+1

if you like cafe racers, check this out:

http://us.deuscustoms.com/motorcycles/?

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
Old 05-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #49317
sion
sigh-own

Quote:
Any of you 'planning ahead' type WRR'ers happen to have a spare swingarm guard laying around? Or even a used one that isn't completely worn through? Nobody can in confidence tell me they'll have one in time (with the holiday weekend).

I'd rather steal one from one of you, then just give you my new one when it comes in.

OR, does anyone know a shop that might actually have one in stock? I've called Rocky Mountain ATV, Powersports Plus, and the Pony, with everyone having to order it from Yamaha.

Its a longshot but try this place

Bo's Radical Racers

12357 State Route 93 N
Logan, OH 43138
Phone: (740) 385-6907

Old 05-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #49318
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,606
Quote:

Try Mid-Ohio in Mt. Vernon.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #49319
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
Try Mid-Ohio in Mt. Vernon.
+1, they're pretty good about keeping dirt bike parts in. Surprise me sometimes with what they have on the shelves.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #49320
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Bluhduh

Well I've called every 'Pro Yamaha' dealership within 100 miles (including Mid-Ohio). No luck. The only dealership that actually lists it in stock (which is in California) is moving and can't get to their parts inventory for another week or two (my luck). I even called and sweet talked the Yamaha parts warehouse (who can only ship to dealerships), no dice. I tried that Bo's place too, they said they had an aftermarket one in stock, further research (by me) reveals it to be for the older 2-stroke WR's.

Going to the WRR thread here to see if anyone has one sitting around that will send it to me.

Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote