ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #49426
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 9,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
Would that be a problem eh?

It's attached to the triangle shaped bracket that holds the passenger foot peg. I got it from cycleracks.com, the tool chest is a Stanley from WalMart, $20.

I see it now.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #49427
bikeneil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
Would that be a problem eh?

It's attached to the triangle shaped bracket that holds the passenger foot peg. I got it from cycleracks.com, the tool chest is a Stanley from WalMart, $20.
Walmart sells good luggage (Action Packer $18)
bikeneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #49428
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,414
How far back was that tire combo deal someone posted, and how long was it? I finally got a chance to put some miles on the uly today, and the rear pirelli angel that looked like it would last me at least till I did BYOB might not.
It's obvious the bike came from the flatlands as the center is worn to the point of it having a very noticeable fall off when cornering. I'm thinking of just putting another rear angel on, but they look to be $150. I thought that deal was about that for a set.....

Save $5 when you open your own smugmug account. Use code: DeAGMxYPTdjUA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider
I've tried to talk myself into appreciating winter for what it is: a brutally cold, bleak, dark, crippling, depressing, boring, endless hole in the calendar.
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #49429
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
How far back was that tire combo deal someone posted, and how long was it? I finally got a chance to put some miles on the uly today, and the rear pirelli angel that looked like it would last me at least till I did BYOB might not.
It's obvious the bike came from the flatlands as the center is worn to the point of it having a very noticeable fall off when cornering. I'm thinking of just putting another rear angel on, but they look to be $150. I thought that deal was about that for a set.....
MikeF posted it a week ago saturday.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #49430
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Anyone want to ride Danville on Monday? I'm taking my truck into the dealer in Millersburg for a warranty repair, and am going to toss my bike in the bed so I can ride while they are working on it.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #49431
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Anyone want to ride Danville on Monday? I'm taking my truck into the dealer in Millersburg for a warranty repair, and am going to toss my bike in the bed so I can ride while they are working on it.
Dman, thats a smart idea...I'd love to, but I've gotta work til 2 pm...what time you talking about?

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #49432
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Depends on how long they take. I'm dropping it off at 8am, if it's like every other dealer experience I have had, I should be riding until somtime around August...
Old 05-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #49433
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,375
meanwhile...

Woman Dies While Practicing Riding Motorcycle

Monday May 28, 2012 1:20 PM
UPDATED: Monday May 28, 2012 8:14 PM

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Columbus police said a woman was practicing driving a motorcycle early this morning when she lost control, hit a metal sign, and died, 10TV News reported.
The crash happened around 2 a.m. on Monday in the Columbus Square Shopping Center, located near Cleveland Avenue and state Route161.
Shaunay D Taylor, of Columbus, was taken to St. Ann's Hospital in critical condition and was pronounced dead at 2:30 a.m.
Columbus police said she had not been wearing a helmet.

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #49434
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
Woman Dies While Practicing Riding Motorcycle

Monday May 28, 2012 1:20 PM
UPDATED: Monday May 28, 2012 8:14 PM

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Columbus police said a woman was practicing driving a motorcycle early this morning when she lost control, hit a metal sign, and died, 10TV News reported.
The crash happened around 2 a.m. on Monday in the Columbus Square Shopping Center, located near Cleveland Avenue and state Route161.
Shaunay D Taylor, of Columbus, was taken to St. Ann's Hospital in critical condition and was pronounced dead at 2:30 a.m.
Columbus police said she had not been wearing a helmet.
She was practicing without a lid at 2 am ? Sad that she died, but it sounds like Darwin was around.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #49435
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by backroadbender View Post
Any south east Ohio riders out there that could suguest sum good back road twistey hilley Mt. riden roads ? My frend and I will be camping at Blue Rock St. park on the 7 8 9 of June and rideing from there .Would like to get into WV a little also.Roger is on an old RT an I have an 08 KLR so we will have to limet it to paved roads, Dont think the RT is up to much of roading.Thanks fore any input looking forward to rideing that area.
Lots of good pavement in the area. Any state route with three digits will do, and you're surrounded by them at blue rock. SR83 is fun and fast. If you want to head into WV, pop into Zanesville on SR60 and head down SR555 which dead-ends at the Ohio River. From there you can hustle into WV on US50 and then have fun getting lost.

US50->WV 16->WV 47 is a nice easy/fast day loop for paved riding and will put you back into Ohio near Marietta for a nice food stop at Marietta Brewing or The Galley. Both have excellent food and brew.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #49436
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
MikeF posted it a week ago saturday.
Found the post and the link, thanks.

Still listed on the website, but the link to order doesn't work, I guess the while supplies last part means now.

back to the debate of what to buy for it......

Save $5 when you open your own smugmug account. Use code: DeAGMxYPTdjUA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider
I've tried to talk myself into appreciating winter for what it is: a brutally cold, bleak, dark, crippling, depressing, boring, endless hole in the calendar.
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #49437
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 22,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Lots of good pavement in the area. Any state route with three digits will do, and you're surrounded by them at blue rock. SR83 is fun and fast. If you want to head into WV, pop into Zanesville on SR60 and head down SR555 which dead-ends at the Ohio River. From there you can hustle into WV on US50 and then have fun getting lost.

US50->WV 16->WV 47 is a nice easy/fast day loop for paved riding and will put you back into Ohio near Marietta for a nice food stop at Marietta Brewing or The Galley. Both have excellent food and brew.
Or if in Blue Rock take 376 to McConnellsville then 78 to 555. Hmmm maybe 3 of my favorites right there

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #49438
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,892
Back and caught up!

Imaposer, if the front angel will last through another rear, get the matching Angel. If you're replacing both, go with pilot road 2 or 3's for all pavement duty, or scorpion trails for pavement with light off road riding.

Meef, thanks for looking out. That reminds me, I don't think my brake light's working. I should check on that before the night ride!

And finally, had an easy 3 day loop with the girlfriend.

Niagara falls:

Frankenmuth Michingan:

Hell Michigan:

Got home to find another freaking nail in my back tire!

Didn't get through the cords though, so no air leakage.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #49439
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Or if in Blue Rock take 376 to McConnellsville then 78 to 555. Hmmm maybe 3 of my favorites right there

78 all the way to Glouster is a lot of fun as well, but for some reason I prefer running it in the other direction.

Need to ride SR536 again
Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #49440
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 9,678
Mike, Looks like you kept her busy enough to dodge the bullet.....this time.

Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote