ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #49921
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
90% bike 10% rider. The WR just makes it look like I have half a clue what I am doing.

They can make you embarrass sportbikes too!

z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #49922
indypup
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
In case anyone is wondering the ride goes on even if it's just me. I'll be on the KTM 950. If your arriving after 11am in Plain City, we'll be gone.
+1 I know from past experience that he leaves right on time. :(
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #49923
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
+1 I know from past experience that he leaves right on time. :(
There was this one Tar Hollow gravel ride where he was 30-40 minutes late to his own ride...
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #49924
indypup
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
There was this one Tar Hollow gravel ride where he was 30-40 minutes late to his own ride...
hmm, I was only 2 min late and he was long gone!
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #49925
ohiofathead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Which one of you guys are selling a YFZ450?

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/3080236900.html

"Listing removed but just want you all to be cautious. Posting title: Yamaha YFZ 450

I went over to this guys "house" earlier today (it's more like a garage...if you could even call it that) and ask to see the machine. He lead me on the same path from his garage to what looked like a camp site. He said he liked to go out here here to think on the meaning of life. I got creeped out and told him I was only interested in seeing the bike. He asked to see my hand and put it on his chest and said "feel that? I think there's a connection right there". I snatched my hand back and he stepped really close to me, so I turned and started running.

By now I'm really scared and thinking he was going to grab me but he just catches up and starts running alongside me. He looks over and says "lovely day for a run" and smiles really weird. I noticed he had taken his pants off and was running in his underwear and work boots. I decided I may have to fight my way out of this situation so I stop and put my fists up. He jumps back and tells me I have the wrong idea, he just wanted to run. So I tell him again I only want to see the machine. He leads me back to the "garage and opens the door. The bike is inside and was nice, but he goes over to a weight bench and starts firing off" "reps" with like 12 pounds on the bar. He says he likes to "work out" and I'd had enough and left without the bike.

It's a shame too, it seemed like a good deal.
"

ohiofathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #49926
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiofathead View Post
It's a shame too, it seemed like a good deal.[/I] "

I don't know. Sounds like you might have gotten screwed in the deal.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #49927
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
90% bike 10% rider. The WR just makes it look like I have half a clue what I am doing. What time are we meeting in Danville tmw.?
I'm thinking 3ish if that's ok, I'll drop you a line tomorrow.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #49928
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,184
I may have went a little nuts tonight....went to Champs for dinner with a friend and stopped at IP quick to get some goggles...

ended up with this:

and this:

and these:

oh and a set of goggles, which I left sitting on the counter and have to go back for tomorrow.....I couldn't resist the pant and jersey for $50 deal, and I need blue pants to justify the future WRR purchase....

I tried all the new gear on and I feel like that dorky kid who's mom way over dressed him for every activity....sad considering the first ride I showed up to not that long ago on a 27 degree morning sporting a hoodie and rocky boots...

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:14 AM   #49929
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,647
Hey Alan! Or anyone who knows the place...

We are at The Reservation all weekend. Stop by if you nearby. Lots of food to go around.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #49930
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Hey Alan! Or anyone who knows the place...

We are at The Reservation all weekend. Stop by if you nearby. Lots of food to go around.

Thanks for the offer but I have to much crap to do around the house this morning. Matt and I will pry not make it that far south. See you in August.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #49931
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I get bouts of insomnia and that night was one of those times. Overall I try to be on time if not early. Only other time I've been late was another RR ride where I had to change a flat tire that morning. Lucky I have two front and rear rims for the KLR so I just changed the whole wheel. But today I'm up and getting ready now.
2006 KLR650
Old 06-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #49932
indypup
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
I've never been on a paved road that made me want to come back just to ride it except the climb to the top of Haleakala Volcano in Maui. You can go from sea level to 10,000 feet in 38 miles or from the park entrance it's 23 miles with about 7,000 feet of gain, many switchbacks and no safety railings. If you're interested in that adventure, I can email the story. Let's just say don't ride up a volcano without a jacket and gloves wearing sun glasses at 4am just so you can watch a sun rise with a couple lesbians.

I hope the trend in the upper Midwest makes it's way here. Rumors are the rural counties out there in the Montana Dakota Areas are suffering from a lack of funds and are grinding up their paved county roads and turning them back into gravel to be graded a couple times a year to save money on maintenance costs.
Well you have to remember that I just got started doing off-road stuff last fall. ;) I've ridden my ST1300 in a lot of Canada and all states except Hawaii, Texas, and Oklahomo. Some years 40K miles or more just on a motorcycle. Longest ride without stopping (except for gas and bathroom breaks) has been 1650 miles. Mexican Hat, UT to Troy, OH taking the scenic route during the day and interstating it at night...
Old 06-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #49933
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Fun ride today and it didn't get too awful hot because we were over 20mph most the time. Palandor and BDMike were the only people to show but sometimes less is more. So thanks for the company guys and we'll have to do a half day sometime at HSR.

PS have I ever mentioned how awsome it is to have a creek crossing just down the road from me. Took the KTM threw in second and hit the deep spot. Wall of water to the face! MAN it felt great!
2006 KLR650
Old 06-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #49934
blackdiamondmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Fun ride today and it didn't get too awful hot because we were over 20mph most the time. Palandor and BDMike were the only people to show but sometimes less is more. So thanks for the company guys and we'll have to do a half day sometime at HSR.

PS have I ever mentioned how awsome it is to have a creek crossing just down the road from me. Took the KTM threw in second and hit the deep spot. Wall of water to the face! MAN it felt great!

Thanks for leading the way, Luke. Enjoyed riding the old RR bed again - it seemed longer than I had remembered. Hidden Springs is a nice little place and it was great to try it for free! -Mike
blackdiamondmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #49935
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Contrary to popular opinion, it is possible to have a working rear brake on the KLR. Installed a SS brake line, new pads and flushed out the gunk and now have rear brakes that actually will lock up the rear tire. I’m a happy boy, of course it doesn’t take much these days!