ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #50671
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero
 
Gonzo_Matt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sparta, Ohio
Oddometer: 2,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacrity View Post
Nice bike man - little less high strung than the SX - dual sporting iit? Check the South African pages could have sworn there a oil cooler for it (probably made in Mentor) Prlrople laugh when they find out where Cycra is
Yup. Going to plate it and look at options for adding more oil capacity.
__________________
My ambition far exceeds my talent

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #50672
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailCallsMeKarl View Post
I will give you a hint......posting about National No Bra Day doesn't give you an edge.


Indy is a ladies man, didn't you see the picture of the girl he took a cruise with one time?
__________________
"A man turns his back on the comforts of home, and when the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road..." - DBT

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #50673
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero
 
Gonzo_Matt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sparta, Ohio
Oddometer: 2,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post


Indy is a ladies man, didn't you see the picture of the girl he took a cruise with one time?
I'll have to look for that picture again, I just glanced at it, but I thought that was Craig T. Nelson dressed in drag....
__________________
My ambition far exceeds my talent

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #50674
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
That sounds too damn hot...
What they said; it won't be that hot till mid/late afternoon. Drinking lots of water and taking breaks will make it manageable, till 2-3pm at least.

BTW, I am bringing Alicia to play on GCMK's TTR. This will be her first time on a bike... ever. So it will mostly consist of beginner stuffs in the grassy areas. If anyone wants to put their teacher hat on that'd be great. I've done the beginner off-road class not too long ago, and remember pretty well what they covered, so I'll just be setting her up with stuff like that (figure 8s, slaloms, going over sticks/logs, double backflips, etc). Hopefully it provides entertainment for all .

I'm half tempted to throw the 13t front sprocket back on since I'm trailering up there... Hmmmm
__________________
2008 990 Adventure
2008 WR250R
www.Mikef5000.com
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #50675
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts
 
GailCallsMeKarl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Tioga, Texas
Oddometer: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
What they said; it won't be that hot till mid/late afternoon. Drinking lots of water and taking breaks will make it manageable, till 2-3pm at least.

BTW, I am bringing Alicia to play on GCMK's TTR. This will be her first time on a bike... ever. So it will mostly consist of beginner stuffs in the grassy areas. If anyone wants to put their teacher hat on that'd be great. I've done the beginner off-road class not too long ago, and remember pretty well what they covered, so I'll just be setting her up with stuff like that (figure 8s, slaloms, going over sticks/logs, double backflips, etc). Hopefully it provides entertainment for all .

I'm half tempted to throw the 13t front sprocket back on since I'm trailering up there... Hmmmm

I'll hang out with her a bunch. I need to do a lot of remedial crap to learn to ride the 150R. (torquey bitch)
__________________
"....the poster child for "Bike-Fu for Women", self defense techniques on the trail." ~ Danjal

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #50676
swingset
Got the knack.
 
swingset's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Oddometer: 10,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailCallsMeKarl View Post
I'll hang out with her a bunch. I need to do a lot of remedial crap to learn to ride the 150R. (torquey bitch)
I can serve as a cautionary example. "There, see the guy on the KDX that just slammed into a tree? Yeah, the one laying on the ground crying. Do the opposite of that."
__________________
The Rant-Fu blog & podcast ->Rant-Fu




swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #50677
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
I can serve as a cautionary example. "There, see the guy on the KDX that just slammed into a tree? Yeah, the one laying on the ground crying. Do the opposite of that."


__________________
2008 990 Adventure
2008 WR250R
www.Mikef5000.com
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #50678
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮
 
indypup's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Troy, OHIO
Oddometer: 3,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post


Indy is a ladies man, didn't you see the picture of the girl he took a cruise with one time?
This is coming from a guy that once masturbated to stick figure porn...so I not sure he is a good judge of what's hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
I'll have to look for that picture again, I just glanced at it, but I thought that was Craig T. Nelson dressed in drag....
I should have mentioned that SHE had braces on and didn't show her teeth because of it but it made her face look more oval than it normally did otherwise.
__________________
don't do that...but if you do FILM IT!
2014 350 XCF-W Six Days SE
2007 ST1300, 2008 KLR650, 2008 WR290R Supermoto, 1995 Ninja 250R
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #50679
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous
 
steveb126's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Wooster,OH
Oddometer: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailCallsMeKarl View Post
I (torquey bitch)
Thinking I dated her in the early 80's
sorry couldn't resist with the aftermath of nat'l no bra day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Little more Matt friendly scooter......picking it up sat morning

Me likey !
__________________
I may not be much, but I'm all I think about.
Wee & Wingabago Wanderings
steveb126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #50680
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven
 
z@ch's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Tejas Norte
Oddometer: 4,674
Oh, the 'ol "she had braces excuse"!
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #50681
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮
 
indypup's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Troy, OHIO
Oddometer: 3,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by z@ch View Post
Oh, the 'ol "she had braces excuse"!
And I thought I just made that one up...
__________________
don't do that...but if you do FILM IT!
2014 350 XCF-W Six Days SE
2007 ST1300, 2008 KLR650, 2008 WR290R Supermoto, 1995 Ninja 250R
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #50682
Alacrity
Semi Pro Bar Vaulter
 
Alacrity's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Flyover Country - Unless I'm Elsewhere
Oddometer: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
Hebron, Ohio?
Yea most people dont realize that - nice to have a top tier company in your backyard. like Tonn being down in Orient -
__________________
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't. So far...its working. The bars low
Alacrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #50683
Alacrity
Semi Pro Bar Vaulter
 
Alacrity's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Flyover Country - Unless I'm Elsewhere
Oddometer: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
I'm good for gear, mom's insurance paid her and I for losses and I got some stuff. You planning on riding up to Clearfork? If you're hauling a bike bring the TTR it's a private place so no stickers or plates needed.
Cool - I'll swap a bit if you get nostalgic and your new girl wont get jealous. Not much for green but I'd make an exception for a Fredette smoker. The TTR needs some abuse from someone who's abused them intimately.

Off to Walmart to get a cooling towel - lost my Ice Pants

__________________
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't. So far...its working. The bars low

Alacrity screwed with this post 07-10-2012 at 03:49 PM
Alacrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #50684
swingset
Got the knack.
 
swingset's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Oddometer: 10,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacrity View Post
Yea most people dont realize that - nice to have a top tier company in your backyard. like Tonn being down in Orient -
They're good guys, and riders too, we print their product catalog now and I've talked to them several times. They make great stuff, too, any handguard that can repel a 585lb Vstrom being slammed against them at speed, with only cosmetic damage is some serious hardware.
__________________
The Rant-Fu blog & podcast ->Rant-Fu




swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #50685
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
This is coming from a guy that once masturbated to stick figure porn...so I not sure he is a good judge of what's hot...
Once?
__________________
"A man turns his back on the comforts of home, and when the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road..." - DBT

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014