ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 07:25 AM   #51511
Devil Dog
Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer: 9,100
Looks to me like the angle of the pipes necessitates mounting them that way, but yeah, they don't look right
Old 08-13-2012, 07:28 AM   #51512
invisible monster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
Almost stopped in, invisible monster, Sat, on the way back from the Reservation. Haven't heard much out of you in a while.

OK, guys, what's going on? First post of the day!
Hey you should have stopped in! I've been sort of antisocial this summer, doing solo rides mostly and some day trips with Karen. Swing by next time you are in the area, we enjoy the company.
invisible monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #51513
invisible monster
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
If you get thirsty, I'll bring some Fo-Tays over.

Ron and I rode Perry today, had a good time....greasy as hell from the rain but fun, missed playing around down there...even funner on a bike that's easy to pick up when shit goes south.

We met up with a nice guy on a 300XC-W who was riding solo and the three of us banged around the woods for a little while. Lots of trees still down on the outlaw trails, but it made for some fun log crossings.

Gonna sit in the shade and drink some beers and count it as a nice day.
Fun time for sure. Once I got the mud washed of the WR, chain oiled, etc... I managed to work my way through a few beers as well. Such a nice day.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #51514
invisible monster
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
a very clean, low mileage (20k) V65 Magna

that apparently the owner is trying to give away...if you look closely at the second picture, you'll see the key still in the ignition...in front of a bar...in a not so great part of town
So how did she ride?
Old 08-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #51515
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by somecallmetim View Post

Anyone up for some MTBing at Dillon either friday or saturday morning?
I'd love to hit Dillon again but my endurance is for shit....I've been off the trails for almost two months now. I've been road biking but it's not the same. I'm finally getting to where I think I can take the rigors of the trail without any pain so gonna ride Alum this week to test the waters and see how I feel. Dunno, I might surprise myself and have the legs for a longer ride. I'll let ya know.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #51516
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
dragoon

I need tires changed, but there's no way I'll "have" new tires by Tuesday. I'll try to stop by Tuesday just to shoot the fat, got the Pelotonia off my back Saturday, knocked that bad boy down in 6.5 hours at 14.7 mph, pretty/very emotional day.
Congratulations! I am glad that you had a good ride.

I got reminded that I am #1 by many of the riders for having the bad manners to attempt to drive down the road that I live on. The weekend sure sucks for those of us that live in the neighborhood. I think next year if I get flipped off again for trying to pass a group of riders riding 4 abreast that I will decide that it is a good day to haul a 10 foot wide loaded manure spreader down the middle of the road at 8 mph.

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
mpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #51517
GregsBro
a.k.a. Scott

Oddometer: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpenner View Post

I got reminded that I am #1 by many of the riders for having the bad manners to attempt to drive down the road that I live on. The weekend sure sucks for those of us that live in the neighborhood. I think next year if I get flipped off again for trying to pass a group of riders riding 4 abreast that I will decide that it is a good day to haul a 10 foot wide loaded manure spreader down the middle of the road at 8 mph.

GregsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #51518
buildit
Pumpkin Rider

Oddometer: 13,760
Quote:

Well at least I'm not the only one who gets pissed off about bicyclists trying to be harley riders in spandex!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #51519
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Well at least I'm not the only one who gets pissed off about bicyclists trying to be harley riders in spandex!
Man, the Harley assholes were in full force yesterday, I had to panic stop my truck twice after being pulled out in front of by harley idiots who preceded to go 45 and cross the double yellow. I was wishing I was on the KTM, they would have had a good berm roost......
Old 08-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #51520
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
I think that it is the attitude of many of the riders that really bothers me. The day started out badly when I got cursed at while mowing my lawn. Apparently because I have to use a bit of the road to mow my ditch some of the riders felt inconvenienced because their right to use the entire road was being disrupted by a slow moving vehicle. Ironic isn't it.

I think a little consideration shown to those of us that live along these routes and pay the extra tax levies to keep the roads in great condition and keep the neighborhoods so that they are scenic to ride through would go a long ways.

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
mpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #51521
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,891
Had an insanely good time in WV over the weekend. I think I'm going to do a ride report, but here's a couple preview pictures for you:

Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #51522
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 2,853
Looks like fun Mike!
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #51523
CBBaron
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 974
Quote:
I think that it is the attitude of many of the riders that really bothers me. The day started out badly when I got cursed at while mowing my lawn. Apparently because I have to use a bit of the road to mow my ditch some of the riders felt inconvenienced because their right to use the entire road was being disrupted by a slow moving vehicle. Ironic isn't it.

I think a little consideration shown to those of us that live along these routes and pay the extra tax levies to keep the roads in great condition and keep the neighborhoods so that they are scenic to ride through would go a long ways.
Just a thought were you blowing your clippings onto the road?
If you were doing this while the riders were near then they may have been fearful of flying debris.
If you had done this earlier then they may have been fearful of getting a flat (roadie tires are somewhat puncture prone).
If not then they may have just been your average a-hole

Unfortunately among serious road riders there are a fair number of those that act very entitled. Some of it comes from the fair number of drivers that either pay no respect to the riders and give them room or worse try to harass them. However many will also act very rude and curse and/or impede others. Those individuals do not help make the roads safer for other riders.

Craig
CBBaron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #51524
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 2,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBBaron View Post
Just a thought were you blowing your clippings onto the road?
If you were doing this while the riders were near then they may have been fearful of flying debris.
If you had done this earlier then they may have been fearful of getting a flat (roadie tires are somewhat puncture prone).
If not then they may have just been your average a-hole

Unfortunately among serious road riders there are a fair number of those that act very entitled. Some of it comes from the fair number of drivers that either pay no respect to the riders and give them room or worse try to harass them. However many will also act very rude and curse and/or impede others. Those individuals do not help make the roads safer for other riders.

Craig
+1 on the A-holes but I think that comes from them being harassed and being worried about their safety.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #51525
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBBaron View Post

Craig
Penner's road ain't exactly a major thoroughfare and much of the Pelatonia route follows lightly traveled roads. These riders get it in their heads that they're basically on a closed course and can't fathom why anyone not on a bicycle would need to be out there.
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote