ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #51766
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Are they selling firearms again? Last I heard they were in pretty deep along with assassins in massillon.
I thought mgorman was the Massillon Assassin.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #51767
McTacticool
Importer/Exporter

Oddometer: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
If anyone can use some apples for baking or cider, we have a metric shit ton left over. I picked 20 pounds yesterday to make wine with and have another 40 waiting to be pressed to make apple jack or maybe apple pie depending on if I get my operation back working.
I checked with my local guy that also makes wine. He's already stocked up.
In the event you haven't tried it yet, this guy puts a half stick of cinnamon in the bottle before he corks it. It's like getting drunk on apple pie.

McTacticool screwed with this post 08-20-2012 at 12:29 PM
McTacticool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #51768
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Assassins bait and tackle.
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #51769
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Rental car was a one way to Columbus and its been returned. Have to pick up the bike in North East PA (20 mi north of Erie) yet. Going to pull a trailer up this week to pick it up. Unless you know somebody in that area coming this way
I don't know of anyone coming down from there, I just figured I'm 2.5 hours from Erie and the guys on the East side of Cleveland are about an hour closer. If you needed a lift one of us with a truck or trailer could pick you and the bike up. I wanted to make sure you weren't being left stranded after returning the car in Erie.

Are we talking about the same Erie? By my math, Erie is in NW PA and 20 miles farther north puts you in Lake Erie.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #51770
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Unless you know somebody in that area coming this way
How about a bike relay? Turra is always looking for an excuse to come your way. What bike is it?

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #51771
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Not I, close though, think Arnold

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #51772
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashover604 View Post
If it was the one that looked just about stock all the way down to the mud scrapers behind the front tires my dad and I were ogling just before he pulled. We used to have an H and a Super M, 43s I believe. Cut a lot of wood with the M. I took my truck down and threw a couple For Sale signs in the windows and walked around for a few hours. Found a money order someone dropped for $785. I left my name and number at the tents and luckily for the dude in Logan who dropped it he was able to make his house payment. Lot of nice old equipment. Did you make it back to where they were running the old Bantam Shovel?
Only made it to the pull this year and glad for it as we spent too much time there for me in years past as our 4H club is the one that runs the hamburger stand and my son's first word was tractor. I'm sure the H you saw was his, it is a '39 (first year production) dual fuel and about as stock as he could get it. He has just turned 18 and needs to slow down and get his body work a little better but has come a long way mechanically. It wasn't locked up when he got it but hadn't been run for years and had been sitting out long enough that water got into the fuel tank and rusted a hole through (and crankcase, gearbox, etc). He had no mechanical experience or any idea how an engine works when he started but with my helpful advice that all it needs is compression, spark, air and fuel (and a lot of help from the old timers on the internet) he got it going and has been picking up pieces and building it up ever since.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #51773
flashover604
tailgunner

Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOhio View Post
Only made it to the pull this year and glad for it as we spent too much time there for me in years past as our 4H club is the one that runs the hamburger stand and my son's first word was tractor. I'm sure the H you saw was his, it is a '39 (first year production) dual fuel and about as stock as he could get it. He has just turned 18 and needs to slow down and get his body work a little better but has come a long way mechanically. It wasn't locked up when he got it but hadn't been run for years and had been sitting out long enough that water got into the fuel tank and rusted a hole through (and crankcase, gearbox, etc). He had no mechanical experience or any idea how an engine works when he started but with my helpful advice that all it needs is compression, spark, air and fuel (and a lot of help from the old timers on the internet) he got it going and has been picking up pieces and building it up ever since.
Nice. I'd love to get my hands on an old H or M and restore it. I'd like an old horizontal cylinder John Deere too. I have nowhere to work on them or money to spend on them either, so I'll farm vicariously through those who do! Tell him he did a darn good job. It looks great.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #51774
flashover604
tailgunner

Oddometer: 544
I might know where there's an old Oliver if he's interested.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #51775
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 865
Just got home from John Hinderer Honda, Kyle and I went there to look at the new Honda 250L the salesman said they sold one last week and the other one sold a hour before we got there. He did give a price of $5,103.06 out the door. That sounds pretty good with tax and the $250.00 doc. free.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #51776
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
Just got home from John Hinderer Honda, Kyle and I went there to look at the new Honda 250L the salesman said they sold one last week and the other one sold a hour before we got there. He did give a price of $5,103.06 out the door. That sounds pretty good with tax and the $250.00 doc. free.
lets see

MSRP 4499.00
+ 5.5% state sales tax 247.45
+ document fee 250.00
+ 1.5% county sales tax 67.49
= 5063.94

so where'd the other 42.12 go?

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #51777
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
lets see

MSRP 4499.00
+ 5.5% state sales tax 247.45
+ document fee 250.00
+ 1.5% county sales tax 67.49
= 5063.94

so where'd the other 42.12 go?

I'd want to know about that doc fee.

Should be $150 max including the title & temp tag.....really should only be about $130 max.

I know $100 bucks is only $100 bucks, but if they are selling the thing for full pop MSRP I do not want to feel like I am getting reamed on the doc fees.

Wait until there is snow on the ground. I bet you'll find them then for $4,500 out the door.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #51778
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
I really like that bike.

I think a used WR is a better deal though, especially for Kyle. Plus having two of the same bike simplifies maintenance needs, parts, etc.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #51779
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
I don't know of anyone coming down from there, I just figured I'm 2.5 hours from Erie and the guys on the East side of Cleveland are about an hour closer. If you needed a lift one of us with a truck or trailer could pick you and the bike up. I wanted to make sure you weren't being left stranded after returning the car in Erie.

Are we talking about the same Erie? By my math, Erie is in NW PA and 20 miles farther north puts you in Lake Erie.
Same Erie. The town is called North East and you're correct, northeast of Erie

Thanks for the offer

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #51780
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
I'd want to know about that doc fee.

Should be $150 max including the title & temp tag.....really should only be about $130 max.

I know $100 bucks is only $100 bucks, but if they are selling the thing for full pop MSRP I do not want to feel like I am getting reamed on the doc fees.

Wait until there is snow on the ground. I bet you'll find them then for $4,500 out the door.
Doc fees are fucking bullshit anyway.

The dealer pays a person to go to the clerk of courts and deliver the paperwork, basically.

I'm not opposed to paying the title fee, which is like $7 or so, and the temp tag fee (if you even need one); and of course you pay the taxes at the time of sale, so really the doc fee should be about $25 with a temp tag, $7 without. Factor in notary costs of $1 per stamp (they legally cannot charge more than that), and factor in a fair wage for the person running the errand of about $12 / hr, then factor in that they are delivering multiple titles at one time so individual costs should decrease; and I could see maybe $30 for doc fees.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote