ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 01:41 AM   #52231
Dagny_Taggart
John Galt - 2014

Oddometer: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post

Anybody lookin' for a DRZ 400
maybe... what ya got?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #52232
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagny_Taggart View Post
maybe... what ya got?
2000 DR-Z400E, magic button and kickstart (with compression release). Yellow and white, typical appearance for a 12 year old dirt bike but in fairly decent shape overall. Updated cam chain tensioner to the newer style. S-model subframe for passenger pegs and ability to carry soft luggage. Trailtech Endurance computer/speedo. Front Kenda Trackmaster @ 50% , rear Trackmaster @ 90%, new tube in rear.

Needs a turn signal lens and a brake light switch. Both lost along the way while riding. Everything else is perfectly serviceable, can't think of anything off the top of my head that needs immediate replacement. Street title and fully street legal, minus the horn and mirror. $2k.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #52233
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye56 View Post
Mike,

I have the OEM top case on mine but I am not sure where I rat-holed the stock rack. Let me know if you strike out with EJV & Moby and I will search some more.

Moby's got me covered (Thanks Moby!!!), so you can call off the search!
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #52234
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer: 1,661
firewprks

Anyone going to the fireworks at the Stern Wheel Festival in Marietta,Ohio on Saturday? I`ll be taking the GS down there and riding a few hundred miles of twisty roads in the area then watching the fireworks and taking the fastest way back. Anyone want to tag along?
Old 09-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #52235
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,723
Heads up:

I don't know how much word has gotten around, but Bill K., (Buckeyedualsporter here on ADV), had an accident while doing lay out for the Nutcracker 200. He came off his bike at low speed, landed in a ditch, and broke 5 or 6 ribs plus a torn Rotator Cuff. I know a lot of you have met Bill, and a few of you have known him longer than I have. Those that have met him will not be surprised to learn that in true Marine fashion, while his buddy rider went to fetch a truck Bill decided to ride out. Oh, and he's like 62 now. Thankfully others are stepping up to finish lay out for the N.C., as bill will have to slow down for several weeks. Bill doesn't post often on ADV, but he is one hell of a guy, and has been defending motorcyclists rights longer than I have been alive. I'm sure he would appreciate some kind words via pm.
muddyrabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #52236
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
Heads up:

I don't know how much word has gotten around, but Bill K., (Buckeyedualsporter here on ADV), had an accident while doing lay out for the Nutcracker 200. He came off his bike at low speed, landed in a ditch, and broke 5 or 6 ribs plus a torn Rotator Cuff. I know a lot of you have met Bill, and a few of you have known him longer than I have. Those that have met him will not be surprised to learn that in true Marine fashion, while his buddy rider went to fetch a truck Bill decided to ride out. Oh, and he's like 62 now. Thankfully others are stepping up to finish lay out for the N.C., as bill will have to slow down for several weeks. Bill doesn't post often on ADV, but he is one hell of a guy, and has been defending motorcyclists rights longer than I have been alive. I'm sure he would appreciate some kind words via pm.
Bummer to hear. Get well soon Bill!!!

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #52237
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioroadrat View Post
Anyone going to the fireworks at the Stern Wheel Festival in Marietta,Ohio on Saturday? I`ll be taking the GS down there and riding a few hundred miles of twisty roads in the area then watching the fireworks and taking the fastest way back. Anyone want to tag along?
Not sure of my commitments yet, but I'll be at the fireworks. They are calling for rain in 45750 until 12-1pm.
ruppster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #52238
BOB RAMSAY
Not in the Clique -

Oddometer: 298
B t d t

He came off his bike at low speed, landed in a ditch, and broke 5 or 6 ribs plus a torn Rotator Cuff. I know a lot of you have met Bill, and a few of you have known him longer than I have. Those that have met him will not be surprised to learn that in true Marine fashion, while his buddy rider went to fetch a truck Bill decided to ride out. Oh, and he's like 62 now. Thankfully others are stepping up to finish lay out for the N.C., as bill will have to slow down for several weeks. Bill doesn't post often on ADV, but he is one hell of a guy, and has been defending motorcyclists rights longer than I have been alive. I'm sure he would appreciate some kind words via pm.[/QUOTE]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I (once) feel your pain. I broke 7 ribs at 5 mph. The ER doctor was impressed. The truck was near, so I walked out.

A few words of advice, the first 2 weeks are excruciating - the next 2 are merely extreme pain. When I moved the wrong way, I would shout in pain - couldn't help it - that's when real pain pays you a visit. Do what your doctor says keep on the meds - they acutally help you heal by slowing you down. Don't need to be a he-man bike rider. And you can watch the late movie and then forget what you watched the next morning. Stay away from the late night Info-mmercials with the hot chicks.

If you don't have a reclining chair you can sleep in, buy one. I was there for those first 2 weeks.

And finally, a little inside trick - when (not if) you have to sneeze/cough - exhale and empty your lungs just before the sneeze. IT WORKS.
That's the best advice from me.

And thanks for your work laying out the NC 200. I'm sure you've 'done your due' for us dirt bikers.

Get well (in about 12 weeks. . . )

BOB RAMSAY screwed with this post 09-07-2012 at 05:03 PM
BOB RAMSAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #52239
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,542
10 hours and 50 mins of riding today. Did the tour de lakes with cannonrider, met up in New Philly with coolbluedab for the ride back. Almost made it home before the rain got us.

The ride went well. Saw quite a bit of the lakes region and the gravel areas around there. Pleasure meeting you cannonrider.

Only pic I took today.

Danjal screwed with this post 09-07-2012 at 05:18 PM
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #52240
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,542
Quote:
Heads up:

Damn. Hate those pesky ditch gremlins. Get well soon Bill.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #52241
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,107
Well, Indypup and I rode some of TH and Richland Furnace ORV. Since I have not been off roading all summer I rode the KLR down. 250 Miles total and got home 10 min before the rain. Good riding with you Roger, no vids tonight but we can fill the forum on Sunday if the weather holds for Matts ride tomorrow.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #52242
Buckeye56
Batoutahelius

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Heads up:

I don't know how much word has gotten around, but Bill K., (Buckeyedualsporter here on ADV), had an accident while doing lay out for the Nutcracker 200. He came off his bike at low speed, landed in a ditch, and broke 5 or 6 ribs plus a torn Rotator Cuff.
Hey Bill,

I hope you are feeling better real soon! Thanks for the work you do in putting together the NC200, I am looking forward to the event.

Trying is the first step towards failure.
Buckeye56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #52243
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,723
Buildit you coming to the nutcracker to film again?
muddyrabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #52244
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Danjal.

I've seen that red door before; Tuscarawas? Gnaddenhutten? Deersville?
Old 09-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #52245
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Well, Indypup and I rode some of TH and Richland Furnace ORV. Since I have not been off roading all summer I rode the KLR down. 250 Miles total and got home 10 min before the rain. Good riding with you Roger, no vids tonight but we can fill the forum on Sunday if the weather holds for Matts ride tomorrow.
Since Meef is out of town I was thinking about Matt's ride tomorrow too. It's pouring down here right now though.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote