ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 01:18 AM   #52651
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsBro View Post
Does anybody know a good place for Mexican food in C'bus over near the airport area?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&su...&ved=0CMYBELYD

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:51 AM   #52652
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,140
Quote:
Does anybody know a good place for Mexican food in C'bus over near the airport area?
Never been there, but this is the highest rated Mexican restaurant in Gahanna on Urban Spoon:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/33/37205...aurant-Gahanna

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:57 AM   #52653
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,186
Quote:
Abuelo's at Easton is a good place but its a chain type, El Rayo on Stygler just north of the airport is the best authentic Mexican food, but warning, its a hole in the wall and looks like its in Mexico.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:18 AM   #52654
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,668
I like Chi-chis.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:30 AM   #52655
GregsBro
a.k.a. Scott

Oddometer: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
Never been there, but this is the highest rated Mexican restaurant in Gahanna on Urban Spoon:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/33/37205...aurant-Gahanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Abuelo's at Easton is a good place but its a chain type, El Rayo on Stygler just north of the airport is the best authentic Mexican food, but warning, its a hole in the wall and looks like its in Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I like Chi-chis.

Thanks Gentlemen.

We all like Chi Chi's Meef
GregsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #52656
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

L - R: somecallmetim, rallycarjon, mgorman, mgorwoman, vivid_dadas, meefzah, drtybyrd. Not shown: Rich_(can't be bothered to wake up early)B, and some guy on a V-Strom from North Carolina who was passing through.

Nice to meet you Dave, nice to see everyone else again.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 09-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #52657
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Dang! Impressive turn out.

Hey Meef, just FYI, some folks had spokes come loose on there S10's in the first 1000 miles or so (before they were seated). Mine didn't have any issues, but it might be worth tapping them with a screw driver to test yours now that it's broken in.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #52658
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,704
Quote:
Thanks Gentlemen.

We all like Chi Chi's Meef
I like Los Jalapenos on Hamilton near Morse. El Rayo has been hit or miss with me.
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #52659
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Hey Meef, just FYI, some folks had spokes come loose on there S10's in the first 1000 miles or so (before they were seated). Mine didn't have any issues, but it might be worth tapping them with a screw driver to test yours now that it's broken in.
Thanks. Yeah I've been reading up on some stuff, that's on my list of stuff to do.

In other "bikes in common" news, today after breakfast I finally changed out the chain and sprockets on my WR, went to 14/50 gearing with a 114 link chain; and I replaced the swingarm guard and some buggered up screws on the chain adjusters too. The swingarm guard was the original, as far as I know, and was worn about halfway through. Swingarm was intact. This after the original owner ran a 12 front for who knows how long... so that was good news.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 09-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #52660
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,140
Hi all,

I originally posted this in the Yamaha WR250R Mega Thread, but I'm re-posting here for more input. My birthday and Christmas is coming up and I'm looking for gift ideas under $100 to give my wife.

The only mods I've made to the bike are a lowering link and a Powerlet outlet on the handlebars for my GPS. I have a Fly Trekker helmet, but no other moto/DS clothes. I have Harbor Freight stand, but no other motorcycle-specific tools.

Here's what's been recommended so far:

radiator guard
skid plate
body armor
boots
shin guards
msr chain breaker
air filters
hook & pick set
snap ring pliers
bearing grease

What's do you guys carry for trail-side maintenance?

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #52661
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Quote:
mgorman
Old 09-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #52662
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
Hi all,

I originally posted this in the Yamaha WR250R Mega Thread, but I'm re-posting here for more input. My birthday and Christmas is coming up and I'm looking for gift ideas under $100 to give my wife.

The only mods I've made to the bike are a lowering link and a Powerlet outlet on the handlebars for my GPS. I have a Fly Trekker helmet, but no other moto/DS clothes. I have Harbor Freight stand, but no other motorcycle-specific tools.

Here's what's been recommended so far:

radiator guard
skid plate
body armor
boots
shin guards
msr chain breaker
air filters
hook & pick set
snap ring pliers
bearing grease

You really want a skid plate and some barkbusters for even mild off road stuff. Those two items are pretty much the only mods to my current WR. The radiator guard is nice but I've had a WR with one, and a WR without one, crashed a million times, and neither radiator got damaged.

Boots, shin guards, body armor / pressure suit; all good ideas but personal preferences play into those so you'd need to try some stuff on and make up your own mind there.

Grease would be a pretty shitty gift, no?

Might also consider some bags, maybe a Wolfman Enduro tank bag, a spare tube fenderbag (with a spare tube), a small tailbag for tools and such. You probably have a Camelbak already from the Army, that's a good idea too.

Trail side maintenance... I hate working on my bike and I hate it even more in the middle of nowhere. Thats why I ride with guys who know more than me, I defer to their expertise. Nonetheless, I carry at a minimum, 12VDC electric air pump, 2 tire irons, a spare 21" tube and some patches, hand tools to fit all exposed fasteners on your bike, a good multitool, zip ties, little bits of wire, a few spare bolts, chain press tool, spare master links, spare fuses, a few electrical connectors, electrical tape. Probably some other little stuff I'm forgetting. On a dual sport ride I also carry a first aid kit and a folding saw. Not related to each other...

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 09-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #52663
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
mgorman

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #52664
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,556
Skip generic clothes names unless she knows exactly what size make and model you want. Skid plates are almost a must have. Barkbusters too, but some factory bars bend no matter if they're on or not. Check with current owners and see if yours will go south easy with a single drop,if so add aftermarket ones and risers if you want them too.

Bags sound good too if you don't have any. I like my Chase Harper super deluxe hideaway. Personal preference comes into play there too.

Tail rack? New tires?
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #52665
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,556
Check here for tool kits.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262998
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote