ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #52681
BOB RAMSAY
Not in the Clique -

Oddometer: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
I'm not cheap,

I usually have a can of fix-a-flat stashed some place, tubes and levers. So far I've only used one can a fix-a-flat and that was on a goldwing in North Dakota. The only reason I carry the tubes and fix-a-flat is to ensure I don't get a flat.
That's why I have a snow-blower - my theory worked for almost 5 years. . .

Now, I'm snowblowing for my neighbors (just like on the trail. . . )
Old 09-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #52682
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB RAMSAY View Post
I was supposed to ride with Indy Pup today and it turned out to be a comedy of errors. I let him lead into the first woods area - and I never caught up to him! He must have been bustin' out. He thought I was ahead of him, so he kept lagging back at the 'rest stops' to reunite. Somewhere along the way, I had passed him - one way or another - so we were chasing our own tails.
Well it was nice seeing you today Bob (and Travis). Sorry about the mix-up. :( While we were in the gravel before the first trail I thought I saw you pass a couple of bikes ahead of me so I must have passed you trying to catch up with that other guy that I thought was you. :( Damn orange bikes all look the same! I never caught up to that other guy to find out that it wasn't you. :( All along I thought you left me in the dust and it was the other way around. When I got back to lunch and saw your bike there I kind of scratched my head wondering what the hell went wrong.... I passed a lot of orange bikes today which is highly unusual for me. I'll have to make a video of that because no one will believe me otherwise...lol Of course it helps when they are laying on their sides.

Oh, and you probably passed me at the Hero hill. It took me 3 attempts before I made it. Sounds like you made it with no problems. ;) I hung out there and got video of all the crashes for about 1/2 hour probably.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.

indypup screwed with this post 09-22-2012 at 06:49 PM
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #52683
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,602
Quote:
That's why I have a snow-blower - my theory worked for almost 5 years. . .

Now, I'm snowblowing for my neighbors (just like on the trail. . . )
We're ok this year. I bought an Fj cruiser since the Acura couldn't handle more than 4-6" of snow.
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #52684
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
How about yanni's on Cleveland? Greek not the music. I like mad Greek too but personally I might give a slight edge to yanni's. Maybe its the baclava. Got any other Greek spots?
Yanni's "special" baklava is unreal good.

Scorpio's Greek on E. Main in Newark is good, new place that's a walk-up style...kinda quick and dirty but I like it a lot.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #52685
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
Yanni's "special" baklava is unreal good.

Scorpio's Greek on E. Main in Newark is good, new place that's a walk-up style...kinda quick and dirty but I like it a lot.
Another option is Nazareth just down the road from IP on 161. Prices are a bit higher though and it's considered Mediterranean food, not Greek.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #52686
swingset
Got the knack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Another option is Nazareth just down the road from IP on 161. Prices are a bit higher though and it's considered Mediterranean food, not Greek.
I loved their food, but both me and my wife got sick as a dog after eating there, I gave it another shot with a friend of mine and I got sick again.

I've heard a lot of people recommend them, so not sure what the deal is I don't normally have a tender stomach but that place bit me.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #52687
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #52688
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post

Looks like a fine place to eat!
bikeridermark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #52689
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
Looks like a fine place to eat!
+1

20 million views so far and about a million just from me...lol
Old 09-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #52690
GregsBro
a.k.a. Scott

Oddometer: 533
Thanks everyone for the restaurant tips. My Uncle is gonna be in town next week and asked about mexican. Since the wife and I were in Columbus today we checked out El Rayo for lunch. Nice place good food ( not a life changing experience, but good)

Also went to Iron Pony, I bought some gloves there back in May with the fingertips that work for smartphones, And the thread holding the little magic tips on only lasted about a month. I found the receipt the other day and thought I'll just see if they will exchange these. I was surprised but they did no questions asked. The new ones will probably do the same thing but they're good gloves while they last.
GregsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #52691
swingset
Got the knack.

Well, screw you to all the guys who rode the Nutcracker today. You suck, I hate you, etc.

Wanted to be there, but I was duty bound to perform my first marriage ceremony for a good friend of mine in Granville. Went pretty well too, there were no mysterious lightning strikes so the big man upstairs apparently does not object to my blasphemous encroachment on the minsterin business.

Ceremony was at a cool little hobby farm/B&B run by (prepare to pick your jaw up off the floor) a nice gay couple.

I did think about the dual sport, all damned day tho. Just as well, I'm still sporting a really screwed up throttle hand doubt I could have made it all the way through.

Ain't missing the Baby Burr tho.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #52692
ssreed84
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
No problems here other than I decided that the last 25 miles of single track (only) would have kicked my butt. So, I bagged it after lunch. I should ride off-road more often than twice this year to keep up to speed. . . I would have been trashed 1/2 way through the last 25 miles, and when you're tired, you (I. . .) start making mistakes. When I start making mistakes, I start getting hurt. I don't do hurt well.

I was supposed to ride with Indy Pup today and it turned out to be a comedy of errors. I let him lead into the first woods area - and I never caught up to him! He must have been bustin' out. He thought I was ahead of him, so he kept lagging back at the 'rest stops' to reunite. Somewhere along the way, I had passed him - one way or another - so we were chasing our own tails.

Great conditions today, great trail - there wasn't 40' of ruts on the course! The little bit of rain Logan had last night just turned the terrain to a condition between dry and mud - just mois,t broken dirt. Must have been only about 40' of real mud too! You don't find that combination too often.

How about the "Hero Hill" just before lunch? A course worker was directing traffic around 'a hill' at the rider's option, a by-pass as such. I though he said the by-pass was to the left - so I went left (puss that I am. . . ). It was my mistake and I started up that hill, and it went up and up and up (and then some!) I was thinking "if this is the puss by-pass I wonder what the manly-man hill was like!"

I knew Travis would be 'on the gas' (without even trying) and knew I wouldn't be seeing you guys doddering along the trail. Do you slow down for him or is it the other way around? There sure were a lot 2-strokes today - and a bunch of the new Husky 2-strokes. Those are for the 'go-getters'. Also, it was not a 'young crowd' there today - other than you guys. There were a lot of 'seasoned veterans' getting with it today. No pukes need apply.

Now I've got Travis' number - I'll get in touch and maybe I can take you guys trail riding down in Laurel Township. Tell Travis I said "Hey!" and thnx for covering my car keys.

It was good to see so many of the ADV riders down there today - can't pass up good riding when the weather starts getting right for riding!

Or naught. .
Sorry to hear about your mix up with Indy. I loved that hill and the other one in that section was nice also.

We made pretty quick work of the trail today when we left alot of guys were still eating lunch. As for Travis he has to wait on me taking 20 years off riding has slowed me down way to much. He is a good sport though he always makes sure I get through the rough stuff or maybe he is just hoping I will wreck and he can see it. LoL!

Anytime you want to ride get a hold of us and we will go. We have alot of trails down here to ride and we will ride at any speed that you want.
ssreed84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:39 AM   #52693
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsBro View Post

Also went to Iron Pony, I bought some gloves there back in May with the fingertips that work for smartphones...
All gloves can work with smart phones and ATM machines, all you need to do is lick the tip of your gloved finger beforehand. Just remember how many fingers touched that ATM before you lick twice, or use a 2nd finger. Fat winter gloves could be an exception but I know it works with my cycling and MX gloves.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #52694
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
All gloves can work with smart phones and ATM machines, all you need to do is lick the tip of your gloved finger beforehand. Just remember how many fingers touched that ATM before you lick twice, or use a 2nd finger. Fat winter gloves could be an exception but I know it works with my cycling and MX gloves.
I do that with the touch screen on our in car computers when I am wearing winter gloves. The thing is, every time I do it, I'm tryng to balance how badly I want information versus how nasty my gloves are from scroatbag wrangling all day long.

Although, come to think of it, I am never sick; so maybe ingesting germs like that is keeping my immune system tip top.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #52695
ssreed84
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
Well it was nice seeing you today Bob (and Travis). Sorry about the mix-up. :( While we were in the gravel before the first trail I thought I saw you pass a couple of bikes ahead of me so I must have passed you trying to catch up with that other guy that I thought was you. :( Damn orange bikes all look the same! I never caught up to that other guy to find out that it wasn't you. :( All along I thought you left me in the dust and it was the other way around. When I got back to lunch and saw your bike there I kind of scratched my head wondering what the hell went wrong.... I passed a lot of orange bikes today which is highly unusual for me. I'll have to make a video of that because no one will believe me otherwise...lol Of course it helps when they are laying on their sides.

Oh, and you probably passed me at the Hero hill. It took me 3 attempts before I made it. Sounds like you made it with no problems. ;) I hung out there and got video of all the crashes for about 1/2 hour probably.
I can't wait to see the video of the hill it should be entertaining.
ssreed84 is offline   Reply With Quote