ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #53011
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH_Wahoo View Post
Yes. Up to about Wakeman is good (as someone already noted). I'm a few miles east of 60 up along the lake.

From Wakeman to the lake is only another 12 miles or so. If you take it all the way to Lake Erie, watch out for speed traps as you come into New London from the south, and a mile or two before Birmingham (where 113 crosses) in something called "terrytown"
Jumping a bit to the West and running Fitchville River Road from 162 to Wakeman is more enjoyable than 60. Watch your speed in Wakeman as well, especially if you go on 20.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #53012
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Not always, and things are not always as they seem.

Great minds think alike; I came up with virtually the same scenario when I was trying to justify it.

My guess is after today the shock will wear off and this story will leave the MSMedia and we'll never really know what comes of it. They (media) took a pretty obvious stand as to whom was the victim versus the criminal here, so even if they find a gun, maybe some alcohol, and even a past criminal record from the truck driver... the chances of them coming back to say "maybe it didn't go down like we assumed" are slim to none.

I'm not saying it's all the truck drivers fault and none the motorcyclists. It could be that way, it could be exactly the opposite, it's probably somewhere in between. We just don't/won't know.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #53013
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
Jumping a bit to the West and running Fitchville River Road from 162 to Wakeman is more enjoyable than 60. Watch your speed in Wakeman as well, especially if you go on 20.
There is another little chip seal road along the river that is curvy and fun.

20 east of wakeman, bp station, speed trap there all the time.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #53014
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
I only took photos on the Marienville Trail (Marienville, Pa). The ATV trails are Wayne easy, pretty much ride any standard motorcycle with tread and a skid plate and ride it. The bike trail however, though now quad wide, has some nasty rock gardens. There are 4 or 5 average rock gardens on the Marienville, 3 that are intimidating. Rocky Gap only has 2 or 3.

In the one posted above, not only was this this the by-pass hill to the real hill (you don't want to see the real hill, think Erzberg), I was supposed to be going in the direction the camera is pointed, not the direction the rock kicked me. I got stuck twice but made it without falling. I tried the real hill 4 or 5 times one day and never made it without dabbing or stopping.
I've only ridden the Marienville trail once, and it was in the rain. It had let up a bit, and we tried the rock hill dspite the fact that the rocks were still wet. None of us made it without crashing and on more than one occasion we were going down rocks backwards with the rear tire still spinning. The bypass looks like it would have been a less painful choice that day.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #53015
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVChic View Post
I've lurked since July 2010, but didn't have much to add to the convo before today.
The tag game is alive and well, I seem to recall you were having a lot of fun there for a while...

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #53016
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,317
Quote:
I believe Luke misread Scott's post, and I believe Scott's post was tongue in cheek and that he does not have any desire to shoot a cop; but that cops would respond quicker if they thought another cop was shot.

And it looks like Luke edited his post anyway so the only evidence is your quoted post...

Yeah, I would not shoot a cop, but I am saying if I really needed them to show up quickly I think that is how you would get the shortest response time.

However....I'm guessing they would be really aggresive and not very friendly when they show up................. Just saying.

I have thought of riding with my GoPro on all the time, but what would you do with photo eveidence? Do you think it would get acted upon? When people kill MC riders and it is 100% their fault they usually get a ticket for failure to yeild & nothing more. If you get photographic evidence of someone being an asshat what will that do? If someone causes you to wreck, but does not hit you, you will be the person at fault 100% of the time.

Deck not stacked in our favor at all. It does not help that many of the general public (and a bunch of LEOs too) think that we are getting what we asked for by riding our death machines.....Yes, a car pulled out in front of you....what did you expect? They do that. Almost 96% of the population does not ride.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #53017
ADVChic
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
The tag game is alive and well, I seem to recall you were having a lot of fun there for a while...
Yes, I do enjoy tagging, almost too much! I hear I've missed a few good ones pretty close to me, and I love the Ferry from Augusta KY into Ohio, great ride!

Photobucket

08 DL650 V-Strom | 04 R1200C Montauk & 09 K1200LT (husband's) | 05 XB12S Lightning (sold)
ADVChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #53018
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
The problem is that will not do shit. The LEOs have bigger fish to fry. You are on your own. Call the police for anything & see what happens.....They'll tell you to log onto their website & file a report.

I have never seen a state patrol car within 5 miles of my house ever until last Sunday afternoon. Then there are 4 of them zooming around like flies.....later found out one had high centered after tossing his car in a ditch about a half mile from my house. Those low berms are a bitch. They were all looking for their buddy that was in a "crash".

If I really needed a cop to show up quickly I would call 911 & say I shot one.
I call shenagins, a state trooper lives two doors down from me.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #53019
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,699
One of the reports said that the guy on the bike started shooting at the truck on the ramp from 23N to 42E.

Truck pulled into parking lot and scuffle ensued, gun reportedly when off when shooter was attempting to pistol-whip the dude, hence the grazing shot.
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #53020
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by z@ch View Post
One of the reports said that the guy on the bike started shooting at the truck on the ramp from 23N to 42E.

Truck pulled into parking lot and scuffle ensued, gun reportedly when off when shooter was attempting to pistol-whip the dude, hence the grazing shot.
Sounds like he's been watching too much sons of anarchy....

Old 10-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #53021
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Sounds like he's been watching too much sons of anarchy....
Doesn't look terribly remorseful in the mugshot.

z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:37 AM   #53022
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
I call shenagins, a state trooper lives two doors down from me.
Yeah, I have seen his car PARKED in his driveway.....Also one lives south of you on 204....I see his car PARKED at his house fairly often too.

I know they are mostly going to be on state routes, I get that.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #53023
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Quote:
Originally Posted by z@ch View Post

What a joke.

Pistol-whip?

I would hate to be in a position in which I was so in fear for my life that I need to pull out a pistol, but if that ever happend there would be no warning shot....or shooting at something, or pistol whipping. There would be two to the chest and one to the head and there the threat would be over. Pulling a gun as a threat is a chicken shit move.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #53024
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
Yeah, I have seen his car PARKED in his driveway.....Also one lives south of you on 204....I see his car PARKED at his house fairly often too.

I know they are mostly going to be on state routes, I get that.
I feel safe as I have been pulled over in my driveway....twice...county sheriff on the other hand, we're just a bit too far south.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #53025
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,085
Quote:
The real question, Luke, is whether you should carry your Glock chamber empty or not. Can you perhaps summarize the pros and cons of each style, in video format if possible?
You know I'm a condition 3 type of guy with the Glock. I shoot the same way I ride, trying to stay on the safe side. Are you sneaking peaks at my videos? Don't let Indypup find out, he would be very jealous and probably mad. Maybe mad enough for the first You Tube Channel Viewer Rage shooting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJV View Post
Yeah, don't forget to include Gangsta Style in that video.
Can I borrow some of your gold chains and grandfather clock jewelry? Not sure just holding the gun Miami Vice style and wearing pants around my ankles will portray the true Gangsta look on me.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is online now   Reply With Quote