ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #53446
B-Mac
Aged Beef

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB RAMSAY View Post
Where do you buy a day/weekend pass to ride the Wayne Forest?

Lancaster Sport Cycles and the Sunoco in Nelsonville used to sell them but that was 15 years ago.

$15 / day?
First exit into Logan off 33:
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
12819 Ohio 664, Logan, OH (740) 385-1700

Sells day passes as of last year. Also Micky D's and Bob Evans if you need to evacuate or fill as needed.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #53447
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
Holy fuck dude, are you in love with Meef? You was annoying enough with the videos, but as of late it has been every other post whining about Meef. I have tried the ignore feature but people keep quoting your posts making you visible once again. Holy fuck dude, give it a break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I think you need a smoke, right? ;) What could I talk about that wouldn't piss you off btw?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Talk about your awesomeness and keep Whitey up to date on how many views you get on your vids . Trust me he likes it. He just has a strange way of showing it
I vote for Indy, Meef and Whitey to get locked in a room with Goonie as an arbitrator.

Ok - seriously:

Goonie - you are funny

Meef - you've become oddly quiet on this subject - maybe not a bad thing though

Whitey - I think you just swatted a fly with a sledgehammer, but I also think you are on the right track

Indy - I like your videos now that you are faster, but the smoking comment for Whitey wasn't cool (I'm proud of him - it isn't an easy thing to kick) and unless you really want to provoke Meef, why keep making the comments? He is actually a good guy who happens to be a bit opinionated and sometimes goes over the top with his flogging, but since he ended up walking away from the video discussion, why try to drag him back in? I can't see it ending well 'til the two of you go riding together and start laughing about it.

For my part, I shouldn't have encouraged it by saying that a video of Meef arresting Indy would be funny, 'cause it would probably would have only been funny for a second until it was taken seriously.

The verbal floggings in this thread are fun as long as the flogger and floggee can both laugh about it. I'd appreciate it if everyone would keep laughing about stuff, not take any of it personally and not salt the occasional open wound. Bikes are supposed to make us happy, not be stressful - We aren't really a family, you know.

I'll let Dicky take it from here...
Old 10-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #53448
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,109
Well said and thank you.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #53449
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,803
We should remember that we're all brothers....and united by a bond of iron and the love of the road, man.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #53450
Trapshooter
Monkeying Around

Oddometer: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
We should remember that we're all brothers....and united by a bond of iron and the love of the road, man.

Amen to that, we are all in this together( a little Red Green), we just do things a little differenet, but the love of the bike and the freedom to do and go where we want, will keep us together. Also opions are like assholes everyone has one, but most differ from mine and I accept that, might not like it but what the Fuck you are intitled to it.

Dave
Trapshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #53451
bmoto54
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
Get that beast ready and let's ride. Hope to see you down there. Look for a Silver F150 with a tandem axle white enclosed trailer, more than likely there will be a 640A or 250XCF parked next to it. If anyone wants, I can bring a grill. I'll have tools and such. If enough people commit, maybe I can get Jeff to let me rope off an area Friday night. If I get ambitious tomorrow, I'll print out a large version of the Adv Ohio sticker for the side to make it obvious.
Might go Saturday so my son can try out a 250 xc but can't get there till the afternoon cause we're setting up track for the Pumpkin Run in the morning. You are running out of races to keep your 30 year streak alive. Pumkin Run on Sunday the 28th Western Reserve team race on the 4th and then Mansfield, Big Game, Lightning & Mansfield to finish out the year.
bmoto54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #53452
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoto54 View Post
Might go Saturday so my son can try out a 250 xc but can't get there till the afternoon cause we're setting up track for the Pumpkin Run in the morning. You are running out of races to keep your 30 year streak alive. Pumkin Run on Sunday the 28th Western Reserve team race on the 4th and then Mansfield, Big Game, Lightning & Mansfield to finish out the year.

Pumpkin Run, I'll be there if I don't kill myself Saturday

Team race, plan to be there, tell Jr I'm in if I survive this weekend.

The rest? A freeway in a field, a mud hole beside a railroad, a freeway/mud hole on a hill and back to the fields? Maybe I'll try the 950 at one of the book ends.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #53453
invisible monster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 484
Quote:
On another note, riding to Appalachian Off-road (KTM-PArts.com in WVa Friday morning via asphalt back roads (goldwing coming along) May freeway back, PM if interested.

I bought my 690 from those guys. Great place, great people, everyone seemed to be really into riding. After all the paperwork was done, it was hard to get out of there, everyone wanted to chat about riding. Finally I was like 'hey guys, can I go ride my new KTM now?' haha
invisible monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #53454
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,604
Quote:
Husaberg abandoned the funky motor layout so basically you are buying a more KTM than previously with different graphics, plastic and settings.

Just read the 2013 line up. Seems its the ktm 500 motor now in the berg 501. I'd have to look between them to figure out the differences if any. Good news is there's always the used market or I could go cheaper and not worry so much about damaged plastics on a Japanese bike. Dime a dozen comparatively on parts costs. And im more experienced with Japanese bikes and their workings. Not exactly what I want though.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #53455
OhioPT
Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Just read the 2013 line up. Seems its the ktm 500 motor now in the berg 501. I'd have to look between them to figure out the differences if any. Good news is there's always the used market or I could go cheaper and not worry so much about damaged plastics on a Japanese bike. Dime a dozen comparatively on parts costs. And im more experienced with Japanese bikes and their workings. Not exactly what I want though.
The main differences btwn the 500 and 501 is there is no kickstarter on the 501, and I think the 501 has CC forks, while the 500 are OC.
OhioPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #53456
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Buy the bike you like riding the most, not what you can justify based on plastic pricing or familiarity. If you want the nicer bits and pieces on a KTM, Berg, Husky, Gas Gas... you will end up paying just as much by the time you put them on a lower priced bike.

The one thing I will suggest is doing your research on valve train reliability / life. The old KTM RFS motors were bulletproof. I'm not sure about the newer stuff. A Honda CRF250X likes to have them replaced and the seats machined or replaced more often than a KTM or Husky two stroke needs top ends. That is one place where the pricing can come out very different. My coworker had to sink over $500 in head work into his Honda with less than 10,000 miles on the clock. That was just the machining and parst cost as he did the rest of the work himself. He put in stainless valves when he went through it, so it should be more durable now, but the stock titanium ones are prone to rapid wear once the hard coating is worn out. With that many miles on my '97 KTM LC4 the valves had only moved a couple thou and been adjusted once. Then again, my KTM weighed 70 or 80 lbs. more.

On similar parts of similar quality, the replacement part pricing matches up pretty well from what I've seen.

If there are certain aftermarket items you know you will want, see if they are available for the model you are looking at. Right now, I'm having a hard time finding radiator guards and bar risers for my '99 Husky.

As for wrenching on them, the bikes aren't all that different, regardless of where they are made. You just have to decide if you are going to pack a 13mm or 12mm.

The other question is whether it matters how close your nearest dealer is.

rxcrider screwed with this post 10-11-2012 at 02:29 PM
rxcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #53457
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,549
so, I'm out for a ride this afternoon, just cruising along down Middlefork road (see here: http://goo.gl/maps/8kcTy ) and I stop to take a couple pictures of these cute miniature horses:

coz, you know, they're just like regular horses, only WAY smaller...right...?
anyway, I'm just about to get back on the bike when a bike comes rolling up and who should it turn our to be but our very onw Mikef5000:

on his wr250r...who was meandering towards home after some Tar Hollow-ing with Benly.

we shot the shit for 5 or ten minutes then headed our separate ways...

gotta love chance meetings like this

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #53458
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,709
Why does every MikeF photo depict him making some wierd white gang signs?

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #53459
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Why does every MikeF photo depict him making some wierd white gang signs?
When I was his age, i gave the "shocker" in every photo taken of me....for at least a year....made for awkward family christmas cards.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #53460
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,258
If anybody has or knows of an enclosed trailer for sale, let me know. I'm looking for a 7x14 ish, would prefer tandem axles and a ramp door.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is online now   Reply With Quote