ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #53521
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
It's not that bad.
I wasnt gonna say anything, but since someone else went there...the original so totally blows away the country version that its not even remotely funny...

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #53522
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,753
They're both over-played crap.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #53523
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
They're both over-played crap.

i'm not going to break my not watching you tube videos on ADV rule, but I can conclude that said song is the Rascal Flatts version of Life Is A Highway....if that is the case, I concur with Craig. Also, my special make a wish type wish is that Rascal Flatts would go on tour with Nickleback, and that during the sweet encore where they both are covering some tired old crap and making it sound like the other 46 songs they have each performed that evening, the Eagle's tour plane crashes into the stage.....

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #53524
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Well I like country music and said country song, so we'll have to agree to disagree there.
But we can all agree that nickelback blows... And fall riding is excellent

Honked as I rode past your house today Matt. Then I rode through that section of closed road just up the street and got all muddy like. Good times for a road ride.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #53525
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post

Where were these taken? Reminds me of the birding station at The Wilds, but haven't been there in a long time.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #53526
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,465
my problem with the Rascal Flatts version is that its just a lame cover...they made no real effort to make the song their own...think Jimi Hendrix's version of All Along the Watchtower, or Van Halen's Pretty Woman, or Devo's (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, or Manfred Mann's Blinded By The Light...to name just a few. in each of those cases, the band covering took the song and recorded it as if they had written it. RF just did a weak, vaguely country version...bleh

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #53527
GregsBro
a.k.a. Scott

Oddometer: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
i'm not going to break my not watching you tube videos on ADV rule, but I can conclude that said song is the Rascal Flatts version of Life Is A Highway....if that is the case, I concur with Craig. Also, my special make a wish type wish is that Rascal Flatts would go on tour with Nickleback, and that during the sweet encore where they both are covering some tired old crap and making it sound like the other 46 songs they have each performed that evening, the Eagle's tour plane crashes into the stage.....
As long as Joe Walsh isn't on the plane.
GregsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #53528
GregsBro
a.k.a. Scott

Oddometer: 502
Quote:
Well I like country music and said country song, so we'll have to agree to disagree there.

I like country music also but The Rascal street boy's aint country
GregsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:51 PM   #53529
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Where were these taken? Reminds me of the birding station at The Wilds, but haven't been there in a long time.
Looks like Mt. Jeez, near Malabar Farm.

Mike, seeing your stuff strapped to the rear of your bike reminds me, I just got a Kriega 5 bag for my tools to carry on the luggage rack of the Tenere; it's pretty boss. I may have to buy some of their bigger bags because the quality on the little one is freaking amazing. The 5 is about the perfect size for a tool roll and just a tad little bit of room left over.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:29 AM   #53530
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:

Honked as I rode past your house today Matt. Then I rode through that section of closed road just up the street and got all muddy like. Good times for a road ride.
I love country music, I hate pop country music. There is another closed road about 2 miles beyond that one where you could have gotten REALLY muddy and probably stuck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsBro View Post
I like country music also but The Rascal street boy's aint country

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgI4Gl2fS9c

(not even a tiny bit appropriate to listen to a work, during mass, around children, your mom, mormans, or really anyone.....)

Old 10-15-2012, 04:46 AM   #53531
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 693
Quote:
I love country music, I hate pop country music...
Hank 3 is ok, but I prefer Willie, Waylon, Cash, Merle, etc., especially DAC. Coe's (step/half?) sister lives in Monroe Co. on SR537. She is a friend of my grandmother's. I don't know if he ever plays in Athens anymore, but he used to. Last time I saw him he was about as big as a house.
Interestingly enough I also enjoy hard rock/heavy metal.
ruppster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:48 AM   #53532
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Looks like Mt. Jeez, near Malabar Farm.

Mike, seeing your stuff strapped to the rear of your bike reminds me, I just got a Kriega 5 bag for my tools to carry on the luggage rack of the Tenere; it's pretty boss. I may have to buy some of their bigger bags because the quality on the little one is freaking amazing. The 5 is about the perfect size for a tool roll and just a tad little bit of room left over.
You are correct, Mt. Jeez it is!

And I'll look into the Kriega bag. That is just my rain suit thrown on the back, but my regular bag that I tried switching between bikes as needed:

Has proved unable to withstand the abuse of dual-sporting, and is dying a slow miserable death. Over the past 4 months all of the straps have ripped off, and the zipper is eating itself.

I was hoping to get a small pelican (or seahorse) top box to swap between bikes depending on which one I'm on. Something about this size or just a hair bigger; just big enough to hold the tool/first aid kit, rope, folding saw, and maybe a pair of gloves and water bottle.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:56 AM   #53533
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
Hank 3 is ok, but I prefer Willie, Waylon, Cash, Merle, etc., especially DAC. Coe's (step/half?) sister lives in Monroe Co. on SR537. She is a friend of my grandmother's. I don't know if he ever plays in Athens anymore, but he used to. Last time I saw him he was about as big as a house.
Interestingly enough I also enjoy hard rock/heavy metal.
David Allen Coe plays Screamin Willies pretty often.

I like all the 70's and 80's stuff listened to the normal fare for years before I expanded into that twangy stuff, and I even like acts like Eric Church.My other favorite genre is rockabilly and I've been getting string bands like OCMS and The Devil Makes Three lately.

Don't get me wrong, I can dig on some good dropped "D" heavy stuff, but only in small doses.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #53534
Benly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Benly, holy shit man, I'm a little mortified that I led to your permanent disfigurement! Hopefully you're not hurting to bad and you can use it as a cool story or something. It's really to bad I didn't have a helmet camera, I watched the whole thing, and it was pretty spectacular. I'm really glad you (and the bike) were still together as much as you were, and I wish you a speedy recovery.

OK, let's figure on another ride in Tar Hollow in 3 months. I got the best news I think I could get from the Ortho today. He said the shoulder separation was pretty big but based on my extremely good range of motion he saw no need for surgery and no reason I shouldn't make a full recovery. No work restrictions (I have a desk job) and I could pretty much do whatever the shoulder will tolerate (within reason.) I asked him if I could ride my street bike and after hesitating for a moment he said it shouldn't be a problem after it healed a bit more but recommended I not fall down again.

Guess I'll be watching for some dirt/gravel rides over the next couple months. The Bob Ramsey ride and the Flint Ridge Road Enduro will be too soon for me though. Sucks because I really wanted to see how good my time keeping skills are.
Benly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #53535
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,316
Quote:
If anybody has or knows of an enclosed trailer for sale, let me know. I'm looking for a 7x14 ish, would prefer tandem axles and a ramp door.

I have one. It is pretty much new. I wish I were going to use it like I thought I would, but I am not. It is a 7' wide & 7' tall by 16' long United UXT with a ramp door. It is white with stainless splash & corners. LED lights. Twin axles with white wheels. right side access door too. + a spare tire/wheel. It was originally designed for lanscape use so it has the super heavy floor & ramp. It is a 2010 I bought in 2011, I think it was originally about $7,500, but I got it for $5,500. I have 60 foot of e track, (not installed) & lots of e track rings & accessories. I also have two pit bull wheel chocks brand new & never installed. I have used it twice to move household items from Memphis so it has a couple of thousand miles on it.

Did I mention this is located 3 miles from your house.

I am not looking to dump it & you can certainly find a cheap trailer if that is what you need, but for your business this would suit you well for many years.

Oh BTW, it has a shocker & ADV sticker on the back door........Made for you Matt!