ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 07:23 AM   #53746
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
See thats just it swing. Then top that off with being prideful about being so screwed up,like you've accomplished something major by screwing everything,everyone,and yourself up. Yeah, I'm proud to leech off folks,live in a crime ridden neighborhood,and dress,talk,and act like an idiot. It's like modern art. Darwin would just be amazed.
It's frustrating to see, but honestly the backwoods can be just as screwed up.

Drive through rural WV and see how people live, it's almost as bad as the ghetto, and they're just as prideful about their way of life...38 non-functional mowers in the yard that hasn't been cut in 2 years, kid's toys with mold on them all over the rotting porch, and rebel flags for curtains. Look at a map of how many people in the south are on welfare or disability, it'll rival the worst inner city.

Living poor in this country is a stupidity shackle. Give people just enough to get by on and they'll just get by and stay there. Let them breed a couple generations of people that just get by, and they'll stay frozen in their malaise and make a culture out of it. Which, hey, that's fine by me if your meth and crime didn't leach into my world, and I wasn't paying for your Xbox and Code Red.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #53747
Trapshooter
Monkeying Around

Oddometer: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post

Drive through rural WV and see how people live, it's almost as bad as the ghetto, and they're just as prideful about their way of life...38 non-functional mowers in the yard that hasn't been cut in 2 years, kid's toys with mold on them all over the rotting porch, and rebel flags for curtains. Look at a map of how many people in the south are on welfare or disability, it'll rival the worst inner city.

Living poor in this country is a stupidity shackle. Give people just enough to get by on and they'll just get by and stay there. Let them breed a couple generations of people that just get by, and they'll stay frozen in their malaise and make a culture out of it. Which, hey, that's fine by me if your meth and crime didn't leach into my world, and I wasn't paying for your Xbox and Code Red.
We need to turn this around, some how, either put a limit on the time you can get the benefit, or something. I'm going to be 65 and have worked all my life, saved my money and paid my bills so I can afford to be retired. I'm getting sick and tried of paying for all the moochers, yes I know there are people who need welfare and can not work, but it's starting to be a way of life for many who just want a free ride. They will have their fun and toys by stealing them or fenceing them to get the money to acquire what they want, but I'm damn tried of paying taxes and seeing it go for this kind of BS.
Maybe I'm just getting old but it just grates my ass, my kids were taught they have to work to get along in this world and there's no free lunch, I'm starting to think I maybe wrong, I sure hope not.

My rant for today,

Dave
Trapshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #53748
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,709
Quote:

It's like you've been watching Cops, Live From Uhrichsville.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #53749
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB RAMSAY View Post
If these people never witness anything better in life, and then live to emulate their progenitors (and great-grand progenitors) I'm not holding my breathe.
The vast majority of these people have televisions; they've witnessed the better life, probably for hours a day, everyday. They've simply decided that they can live their lives without ever lifting a finger or putting forth effort towards bettering themselves, their families, or society (they've also decided that they have no problem with being a burden on society forever).
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #53750
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,606
Looks like the weather is going to be cool and damp this weekend in Uhrichsville...
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #53751
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,110
So these people riding in the street on one wheel are no different than the rich who think they are entitled to the entire road? The star boys who are no different, they just wear gay clothes and cover there bikes in fur while riding like idiots but at least 1 in 5 probably still have their licenses and insurance still. White trash & trailer trash are not so indifferent either when it comes to ambition and are far worse when it comes to hygiene and clean clothes. At least most of the supposed ghetto folks around me keep their yards free of wheeless cars, trash and refrigerators but do own on the average at least 1 pit bull.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #53752
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

What motorcycles are you taking to Crow Canyon Michael? Did you get new knobbies?
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #53753
Rich B
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Eh?

swingset sez:

"Living poor in this country is a stupidity shackle."

Having traveled quite a bit of this rock we all share....one thing that is painfully obvious is the plight of our poor,m downtrodden people in this country.......

There are a lot of poor people in the world who would gladly trade their shithole they live in to move up to the digs of our poor.....in some parts of the world, our poor would be upper middle class.

Just pisses me off when I hear someone saying how rough life is for our poor........
Old 10-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #53754
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
What motorcycles are you taking to Crow Canyon Michael? Did you get new knobbies?

250, if I bring the trailer, the others will be in there as well. I figure I should at least ride it a little before I race it Sunday. I ended up buying new tires, but for the Transalp, so I'll be running rounded knobs unless I get ambitious and buy new razor blades or turn the tire around. I probably should do that since I have to pump the rear tire up every time I ride the thing and I can patch it while it's apart.

May drop off the truck and trailer Friday night and ride the 950 home so I don't have to fight tight parking like last year.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #53755
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
250, if I bring the trailer, the others will be in there as well. I figure I should at least ride it a little before I race it Sunday. I ended up buying new tires, but for the Transalp, so I'll be running rounded knobs unless I get ambitious and buy new razor blades or turn the tire around. I probably should do that since I have to pump the rear tire up every time I ride the thing and I can patch it while it's apart.

May drop off the truck and trailer Friday night and ride the 950 home so I don't have to fight tight parking like last year.
How do you keep from cutting yourself with the razor blade? I bought a tread doctor and it works great. $50 bucks though. You can buy a lot of razors for that but I figured I'd cut myself or slice part of the tire that I didn't want to. :(
Old 10-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #53756
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

I planned to buy a hot knife some day, probably the week before I quit riding.

Can't recall if I've cut myself

Old 10-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #53757
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
I planned to buy a hot knife some day, probably the week before I quit riding.

Can't recall if I've cut myself
Should we tell mgorwoman that this would make a nice stocking stuffer?
Old 10-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #53758
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 781
Quote:

Drive through rural WV (and Southern Ohio) and see how people live, it's almost as bad as the ghetto, and they're just as prideful about their way of life....
Y'all quit talkin' 'bout my kin folk that way, its bringin' me down from my meth and oxycontin high.
Where are the rides this weekend? I need to get this WR dirtier.
ruppster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #53759
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
Y'all quit talkin' 'bout my kin folk that way, its bringin' me down from my meth and oxycontin high.
Where are the rides this weekend? I need to get this WR dirtier.
Crow Canyon
Old 10-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #53760
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
Is this a off road noob ride or will it kick my ass?
ruppster is offline   Reply With Quote