ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #54406
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,639
First time I have ever seen a ranger at Wayne.
__________________
"A man turns his back on the comforts of home, and when the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road..." - DBT

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #54407
swingset
Got the knack.
 
swingset's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Oddometer: 10,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
First time I have ever seen a ranger at Wayne.
They were there in force. That guy at the trailhead checking plates and stickers, another parked along the corridor in a truck, one in the lot further south. I've only been there one other time and seen a ranger.
__________________
The Rant-Fu blog & podcast ->Rant-Fu




swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #54408
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben
 
SCQTT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Mike's Sky Rancho
Oddometer: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
They were there in force. That guy at the trailhead checking plates and stickers, another parked along the corridor in a truck, one in the lot further south. I've only been there one other time and seen a ranger.
Glad I had the green-apple-quick-step.....I do not have a plate for the 450 & would have been running the plate off the 650.

I need a ticket, or worse like I need another hole in my head.
__________________
This is SPARTA!
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #54409
swingset
Got the knack.
 
swingset's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Oddometer: 10,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
Glad I had the green-apple-quick-step.....I do not have a plate for the 450 & would have been running the plate off the 650.

I need a ticket, or worse like I need another hole in my head.
I didn't have the right plate on my KTM either, but he wasn't scrutinizing registrations just looking everyone over. I've been lazy and haven't switched over the bike so I had my old Strom plate on it.

__________________
The Rant-Fu blog & podcast ->Rant-Fu




swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #54410
EJV
Fuso FG Expedition
 
EJV's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: S10 n C'bus
Oddometer: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
I didn't have the right plate on my KTM either, but he wasn't scrutinizing registrations just looking everyone over. I've been lazy and haven't switched over the bike so I had my old Strom plate on it.


You guys are as bad as Dox. He ran with my BMW plate for like 2 and a half years.
__________________
I think I am a Hipster now, I got a Mac.
EJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #54411
swingset
Got the knack.
 
swingset's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Oddometer: 10,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJV View Post
You guys are as bad as Dox. He ran with my BMW plate for like 2 and a half years.
Well, in my case I paid for registration and plate for the year and I'm still riding....albeit on a slightly different bike. I feel obligated to get my money's worth out of this plate and sticker before paying the King's Tax Men for the privilege of riding on his lands again.

I know I'm a very bad person for this behavior, and I don't recommend it for people who aren't prepared to live the thug life.
__________________
The Rant-Fu blog & podcast ->Rant-Fu




swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #54412
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero
 
Gonzo_Matt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sparta, Ohio
Oddometer: 2,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
Well, in my case I paid for registration and plate for the year and I'm still riding....albeit on a slightly different bike. I feel obligated to get my money's worth out of this plate and sticker before paying the King's Tax Men for the privilege of riding on his lands again.

I know I'm a very bad person for this behavior, and I don't recommend it for people who aren't prepared to live the thug life.
meh, just use the old "I just bought this" line. It's never failed me, I have KTM plates on my 650.....
__________________
My ambition far exceeds my talent

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #54413
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,639
It costs $6 to transfer a tag.
__________________
"A man turns his back on the comforts of home, and when the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road..." - DBT

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #54414
MrFurious
Studly Adventurer
 
MrFurious's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Oddometer: 704
Ok, someone needs to snag this so it won't continue to tempt me. Not really what I'm looking for or want, but at that price I'm real tempted to buy it just to relist it on here and make an easy $800-1000 profit. Problem is that if I buy it I'll be more tempted to keep it rather than flip it.

2000 DR650 SE, 8700 miles, $1600
http://limaohio.craigslist.org/mcy/3410753541.html
__________________
Jim B.


MrFurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #54415
swingset
Got the knack.
 
swingset's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Oddometer: 10,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
It costs $6 to transfer a tag.
Yeah, that's like three Taco Bell meal deals right there!
__________________
The Rant-Fu blog & podcast ->Rant-Fu




swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #54416
dox
How much for the ape?
 
dox's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Athens, OH
Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJV View Post
You guys are as bad as Dox. He ran with my BMW plate for like 2 and a half years.
I only used the tag for two months. Held the plate for ransom to get you to sell me another bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
I know I'm a very bad person for this behavior, and I don't recommend it for people who aren't prepared to live the thug life.
__________________
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
dox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #54417
Danjal
Insert wit here.
 
Danjal's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Location,Location
Oddometer: 2,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
Ok, someone needs to snag this so it won't continue to tempt me. Not really what I'm looking for or want, but at that price I'm real tempted to buy it just to relist it on here and make an easy $800-1000 profit. Problem is that if I buy it I'll be more tempted to keep it rather than flip it.

2000 DR650 SE, 8700 miles, $1600
http://limaohio.craigslist.org/mcy/3410753541.html
Buy it, mod at least the carb and intake so it runs right (or tm-40 or fcr-mx), locktite the NSU, then run her till you fall apart. I'm on my second one. The only reason I'm on the new one is for the button start. Damn reliable, pretty much good across the board for anything, and dirt cheap plentiful parts and mods. Tons of bonuses to the platform, but the Dr platforms have limitations, as do all bikes.
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:42 AM   #54418
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer
 
rxcrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: N Ridgeville OH
Oddometer: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
Ok, someone needs to snag this so it won't continue to tempt me. Not really what I'm looking for or want, but at that price I'm real tempted to buy it just to relist it on here and make an easy $800-1000 profit. Problem is that if I buy it I'll be more tempted to keep it rather than flip it.

2000 DR650 SE, 8700 miles, $1600
http://limaohio.craigslist.org/mcy/3410753541.html
If the seller knew it would be with $50 more for every sticker he removed, he could be making that extra grand.
__________________
'95+'95+'96 BMW R1100RS/RSL
AMA, OMTA (ohio organization), BRC, BMWMOA
rxcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #54419
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben
 
SCQTT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Mike's Sky Rancho
Oddometer: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
It costs $6 to transfer a tag.
I think I have 10+ current OH MC tags, I am not going to transfer something off a bike to stick on another for a day or two. Call me a rebel. They get plenty of taxes out of me for the tags I have.
__________________
This is SPARTA!
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:01 AM   #54420
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben
 
SCQTT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Mike's Sky Rancho
Oddometer: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
If the seller knew it would be with $50 more for every sticker he removed, he could be making that extra grand.

Very true, but in his mind I'm sure that makes it look more like a "racer bike"
__________________
This is SPARTA!
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014