ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #54511
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero
 
Gonzo_Matt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sparta, Ohio
Oddometer: 2,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
I might be up for that...what kinda roads we talking?

Gravel and gravel. Maybe 2 creek crossing, but nothing too hairy. The meanest roads I have in mind are Bats Nest and Turkey Ridge.

I'll also up the ante and offer up my 250 to anyone who wants to ride it, the thing can't be killed and if it is...meh...
__________________
My ambition far exceeds my talent

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:10 AM   #54512
alansz400
Studly Adventurer
 
alansz400's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Loudonville ohio
Oddometer: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
I was planning on hitting the roads on the backside of the state forest, could meet ya in Loudonville?
Sounds good.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:11 AM   #54513
rob748
resident alien !!!!
 
rob748's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: traveling somewhere :)
Oddometer: 824
ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by motodirtlover View Post
Thanksgiving Thurs.
Perry state forest parking lot.
9:20 a.m. out on bikes.

Rules:
Have good knobbies, and a good running bike or stay home.
No whiners. It's Ohio in the fall. Expect mud, leaves, roots, and hills.
Make sure the guy behind you makes the turn.
Have fun. Tell lies later about how big the hills were, and how deep the mud was.
We'll ride until 11:30 or 1, or whenever.
Oh, and:
If you show up on a 650, you better be able to ride that mother in the woods, or we're leaving it there when you bury it, and kill the battery.
wish i could, i always enjoyed this ride
rob748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #54514
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !
 
ohioroadrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Columbus,Ohio
Oddometer: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob748 View Post
wish i could, i always enjoyed this ride
HI ROB How the heck are you? Still running around out west?
__________________
The second slowest rider in district 11.
Time spent riding is not deducted from one`s lifespan.
ohioroadrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #54515
ZBone
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ZBone's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: CO/WV/MI/OK
Oddometer: 294
Headed out to WV from CO to work for an undetermined amount of time. After lurking the thread it seems like there's a terrible group of people out there and absolutely nothing to ride. I'm excited. I'll be living in/around Clarksburg. Are you guys usually able to ride year round? I'm pretty sad I have to put my snowboard up (or be forced to ride hills of ice) but I am looking forward to a much shorter off-season for the bike.
ZBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #54516
dox
How much for the ape?
 
dox's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Athens, OH
Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBone View Post
Headed out to WV from CO to work for an undetermined amount of time. After lurking the thread it seems like there's a terrible group of people out there and absolutely nothing to ride. I'm excited. I'll be living in/around Clarksburg. Are you guys usually able to ride year round? I'm pretty sad I have to put my snowboard up (or be forced to ride hills of ice) but I am looking forward to a much shorter off-season for the bike.
Plenty of great riding in that area, though you may find it boring considering what you're used to. Weather is hit or miss, depends on the severity of the winter.

Don't put your snowboard away just yet, WV offers some of the best skiing in the eastern region. Snowshoe Mountain is a short drive from Clarksburg and while it isn't the Rockies, it's worth checking out since you'll be there a while.
__________________
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
dox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #54517
sion
sigh-own
 
sion's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Hocking Hills
Oddometer: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Gravel and gravel. Maybe 2 creek crossing, but nothing too hairy. The meanest roads I have in mind are Bats Nest and Turkey Ridge.

I'll also up the ante and offer up my 250 to anyone who wants to ride it, the thing can't be killed and if it is...meh...

I'm thinking of taking you up on that offer...what time?
__________________
I say, there's no such thing as a bad day's riding. -metaljockey

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #54518
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮
 
indypup's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Troy, OHIO
Oddometer: 3,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
I'm thinking of taking you up on that offer...what time?
I was wondering if you had put knobbies on the street bikes since the XR is still in surgery.
__________________
If there's no video...it didn't happen
2014 350 XCF-W Six Days SE
2007 ST1300, 2008 KLR650, 2008 WR250R, 1995 Ninja 250R
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #54519
sion
sigh-own
 
sion's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Hocking Hills
Oddometer: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I was wondering if you had put knobbies on the street bikes since the XR is still in surgery.

thats why I asked what kinda roads he had in mind...getting closer on the XR...almost had it running the other day, but even if so, I wouldnt trust it for a 200 mile ride
__________________
I say, there's no such thing as a bad day's riding. -metaljockey

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #54520
ZBone
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ZBone's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: CO/WV/MI/OK
Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Plenty of great riding in that area, though you may find it boring considering what you're used to. Weather is hit or miss, depends on the severity of the winter.

Don't put your snowboard away just yet, WV offers some of the best skiing in the eastern region. Snowshoe Mountain is a short drive from Clarksburg and while it isn't the Rockies, it's worth checking out since you'll be there a while.
Glad to hear that, Dox! I'm excited to check out an area of the country I've never really seen. The proximity of so many interesting places is going to be great. I know it won't be Colorado, but that's fine. Colorado will always be here to come back to. I've gotten kind of spoiled and feel like I'm taking my playground for granted. It will be nice to remind myself why I live here. Who knows, maybe I can even ride the TAT home one of these days?

I had heard about Snowshoe but I wasn't sure what to expect. I'll have my gear with me so if the winter does end up being on the severe side I'll be ready. I'm pretty new to motorcycle riding and honestly this is the first winter where I haven't been that excited to see the snow fall. Putting my baby up is going to be hard...
ZBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #54521
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 2,030
Snowshoe is quite nice for an easterly place. I used to go every year and we really liked it. For riding, there's also a trans-West Virginia trail that's enjoyable. Your BMW would be perfect there!
__________________
2008 990 Adventure
2008 WR250R
www.Mikef5000.com

Mikef5000 screwed with this post 11-20-2012 at 04:04 PM
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #54522
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero
 
Gonzo_Matt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sparta, Ohio
Oddometer: 2,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
I'm thinking of taking you up on that offer...what time?
hell, i dunno, like to start kinda early....Alan, when can you escape?
__________________
My ambition far exceeds my talent

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #54523
rob748
resident alien !!!!
 
rob748's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: traveling somewhere :)
Oddometer: 824
place ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioroadrat View Post
HI ROB How the heck are you? Still running around out west?
Been hanging out in Asheville NC doing a lot mountain biking, was up last week to do Peace Pipe Enduro, was dry, sunny and fast :)

if you come down this way look me up
rob748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #54524
rob748
resident alien !!!!
 
rob748's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: traveling somewhere :)
Oddometer: 824
300

sold the KTM 300 last week and purchased a low mileage KTM 625 SXC to part out and remove the engine to replace the one in the 640, its a year ago thanksgiving day the engine expired.
so hopefully in a couple weeks i will be exploring the mountains on it
rob748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #54525
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !
 
ohioroadrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Columbus,Ohio
Oddometer: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob748 View Post
Been hanging out in Asheville NC doing a lot mountain biking, was up last week to do Peace Pipe Enduro, was dry, sunny and fast :)

if you come down this way look me up
Ashville is a nice place. Lots of artist type folks. Might be down that way next spring.....stay in touch....Larry.
__________________
The second slowest rider in district 11.
Time spent riding is not deducted from one`s lifespan.
ohioroadrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014