ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 05:00 AM   #54586
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !
 
ohioroadrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Columbus,Ohio
Oddometer: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Jrockrat. One of the original Cavemen riders, he picked the AA route and despite how it looks he was just fine after this go down.

He's a heck of a good rider and likes to push the edge. It's paid off for him and today he's a very good rider. Proof you can play it safe like me and be mediocre or push the edge and become really good with lots of joint and memory issues.
That`s the hill we called "Mother"....much steeper and more technical than it looks...
and when you get to the top of it you go 30 yards,make a 90 degree turn to the right and straight up another one called "Mother F`er"......then you take a break and let everyone rest.....ah memories!!!
__________________
The second slowest rider in district 11.
Time spent riding is not deducted from one`s lifespan.
ohioroadrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:07 AM   #54587
danxtal
n00b
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Marengo OH
Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benly View Post
[

Roadside carb rebuild.

Nice meeting and riding with everyone today. It was a long cold windy ride home. The wind was blowing so hard at times I could not maintain the speed limit in 6th gear.
I will second the nice meeting everyone. Great ride Matt. Looks like I really do need some good tires and a bash plate if I am going to ride some of the roads. Definitely a cold ride home, time to get the electric heater gear on the Vstrom.
danxtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:24 AM   #54588
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows
 
buildit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Simpsons home town Ohio
Oddometer: 14,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioroadrat View Post
That`s the hill we called "Mother"....much steeper and more technical than it looks...
and when you get to the top of it you go 30 yards,make a 90 degree turn to the right and straight up another one called "Mother F`er"......then you take a break and let everyone rest.....ah memories!!!
If I remember that day was you, me, Dave, Mtnbiker and Jason. Real good times.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/advfilmer
2013 Super-10
2007 KTM950SEr
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:41 AM   #54589
jrockrat
Random Hippie
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Hocking Hills OH
Oddometer: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioroadrat View Post
That`s the hill we called "Mother"....much steeper and more technical than it looks...
and when you get to the top of it you go 30 yards,make a 90 degree turn to the right and straight up another one called "Mother F`er"......then you take a break and let everyone rest.....ah memories!!!
Good times for sure!!! I was just talking to my cousin this week about that little get off.
__________________
A man who strays from the path of understanding comes to rest in the company of the dead.
jrockrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #54590
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero
 
Gonzo_Matt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sparta, Ohio
Oddometer: 2,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by danxtal View Post
I will second the nice meeting everyone. Great ride Matt. Looks like I really do need some good tires and a bash plate if I am going to ride some of the roads. Definitely a cold ride home, time to get the electric heater gear on the Vstrom.
good to meet you, if we get some somewhat decent weather again this year, we can do some gravel road exploring with Penner since we all live pretty close to each other. We can head south next time and poke around Newark/Coshocton.
__________________
My ambition far exceeds my talent

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #54591
Benly
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Benly's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Columbus OH
Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
You should have stuck around, we did some good stuff after Danville.

I was riding due west on the way home and there were times I couldn't get over 60 on my 650 because the wind was so strong. I tucked behind a grain truck and kinda balled myself up.....

Now I have a good excuse to head back up North to ride again.

Made the right call leaving when I did though. Only thing worse than getting home frozen would have been to do so in the dark.
Benly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #54592
sion
sigh-own
 
sion's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Hocking Hills
Oddometer: 3,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benly View Post
Made the right call leaving when I did though. Only thing worse than getting home frozen would have been to do so in the dark.

quoted for truth
__________________
I say, there's no such thing as a bad day's riding. -metaljockey

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #54593
B-Mac
Aged Beef
 
B-Mac's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Hocking Hills, OH
Oddometer: 611
Iridium handheld tracker :: SHOUT nano

Handheld tracker for the inmates with cash to burn: http://www.shoutnano.com/

I may or may not have seen or used this.
__________________
Brian DL1000K4 & Z1000
B-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #54594
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser
 
mpenner's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Centerburg, OH
Oddometer: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
You should have stuck around, we did some good stuff after Danville.

I was riding due west on the way home and there were times I couldn't get over 60 on my 650 because the wind was so strong. I tucked behind a grain truck and kinda balled myself up.....
Yesterday was a good time and it was nice to have Alan back. He rides pretty well for a guy with handicapped tags.
__________________
Mike

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
mpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #54595
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows
 
buildit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Simpsons home town Ohio
Oddometer: 14,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Mac View Post
Handheld tracker for the inmates with cash to burn: http://www.shoutnano.com/

I may or may not have seen or used this.
I want a device that gets me lost not gets me found!
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/advfilmer
2013 Super-10
2007 KTM950SEr
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #54596
Danjal
Insert wit here.
 
Danjal's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Location,Location
Oddometer: 2,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
I want a device that gets me lost not gets me found!
Google maps. Ignore all common sense and take that right turn while on those bridges.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #54597
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows
 
buildit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Simpsons home town Ohio
Oddometer: 14,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Google maps. Ignore all common sense and take that right turn while on those bridges.
I am still using a GPS map from 10 years ago. Amazing how what used to be roads disappear into the overgrowth.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/advfilmer
2013 Super-10
2007 KTM950SEr
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:07 AM   #54598
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !
 
ohioroadrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Columbus,Ohio
Oddometer: 1,643
HAPPY


BIRTHDAY,SHAWN !!!
(quickdraw)
__________________
The second slowest rider in district 11.
Time spent riding is not deducted from one`s lifespan.
ohioroadrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:24 AM   #54599
alansz400
Studly Adventurer
 
alansz400's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Loudonville ohio
Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpenner View Post
Yesterday was a good time and it was nice to have Alan back. He rides pretty well for a guy with handicapped tags.
Thanks Mike, I told myself I was going to take it slow and not do anything stupid.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #54600
Whitey1
"Whitebread"
 
Whitey1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Marion, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioroadrat View Post
HAPPY


BIRTHDAY,SHAWN !!!
(quickdraw)
D'oh, I thought it was yesterday? lol Happy Birthday (again) Shawn!
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014