ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #54946
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,982
Any of you that live North of US 70 and east of 83 or 93, pm me your name and email address for riding information.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #54947
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
Indy - if you are trying to be funny, I think it isn't working much of the time. I suspect you sense of humor might be a bit more queer than my own and I have to practice self censorship from time to time; occasionally after the fact with an apologetic PM or three. I have slowly become aware that a lot of the banter that goes on between people in this thread is between friends who are very familiar with each other outside of the thread. Thinking you can jump into the fray in the thread without the prerequisite face time might not generate the intended outcome. We all like bikes and most of us can probably act like asses at times, but being an ass with your friends isn't the same as being an ass to someone you haven't actually met. Try not to take it or make it personal.

Thank you.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #54948
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Anyone riding tomorrow? Wouldn't mind getting out for a couple of hours?
Old 12-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #54949
invisible monster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOhio View Post
Anyone riding tomorrow? Wouldn't mind getting out for a couple of hours?
Did you have anything specific in mind? Ruppster had to cancel on our ride due to illness so my dance card is open as they say. I was thinking of doing some gravel road exploration, maybe hit a few covered bridges. Did not have any specific direction in mind yet so it would be no problem to head your way.
invisible monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #54950
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,098
Tell us how you really feel, Whitey! All you guys crack me up with the attitude!
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #54951
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
Tell us how you really feel, Whitey! All you guys crack me up with the attitude!
Am I too direct? I also forget which fork is for the salad when I go to a fancy restaurant. I would never make it in politics. I can't lie.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #54952
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
Just put my F800GS up for sale over in the main flea market ... take a look see and tell your friends .... click here.
Want to sell your fork setup seperately? That is if you still have the originals.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:17 AM   #54953
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
Indy - if you are trying to be funny, I think it isn't working much of the time. I suspect you sense of humor might be a bit more queer than my own and I have to practice self censorship from time to time; occasionally after the fact with an apologetic PM or three. I have slowly become aware that a lot of the banter that goes on between people in this thread is between friends who are very familiar with each other outside of the thread. Thinking you can jump into the fray in the thread without the prerequisite face time might not generate the intended outcome. We all like bikes and most of us can probably act like asses at times, but being an ass with your friends isn't the same as being an ass to someone you haven't actually met. Try not to take it or make it personal.
I'm not so sure about the facetime thing. I've met MeefZah in person and yet he started shit on here about videos with me and then a bunch of others joined in. They think they are thread curmudgeons are can say whatever they want without regard to whom it may offend. MeefZah has pissed someone off so badly they left the thread and vowed to never come back. He thankfully has left me alone but his buddies are a different story. I've also met Mikef5000 a couple of times and even let him ride my WRR but he still says shit on here that he thinks is funny but I don't.

I can say that I don't want to meet Whitey "alone" with 100% certainty. That guy is scary enough online and has a very short fuse. In a group might be a different story. But I doubt we would have much to say to each other.

The jury is still out on the others. I'm not convinced there is a major difference between someone's online personality and in person one. They may not say shit to my face in person but they will behind my back and those are not good "friends" to have.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:28 AM   #54954
klxsqrl
klxSQUIRREL

Oddometer: 145
I was looking for the Adventure in Ohio thread? Found Jerry, Jerry, Jerry.!!! The mud will be fun today.

I like bikes... do you like bikes?
klxsquirrel
Old 12-09-2012, 05:25 AM   #54955
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceOfDirt View Post
Want to sell your fork setup seperately? That is if you still have the originals.
That mod requires machining the lowers to accept the comp adjuster. We'd have to swap forks.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:27 AM   #54956
nunzo
nunzo

Oddometer: 280
Why I lurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I'm not so sure about the facetime thing. I've met MeefZah in person and yet he started shit on here about videos with me and then a bunch of others joined in. They think they are thread curmudgeons are can say whatever they want without regard to whom it may offend. MeefZah has pissed someone off so badly they left the thread and vowed to never come back. He thankfully has left me alone but his buddies are a different story. I've also met Mikef5000 a couple of times and even let him ride my WRR but he still says shit on here that he thinks is funny but I don't.

I can say that I don't want to meet Whitey "alone" with 100% certainty. That guy is scary enough online and has a very short fuse. In a group might be a different story. But I doubt we would have much to say to each other.

The jury is still out on the others. I'm not convinced there is a major difference between someone's online personality and in person one. They may not say shit to my face in person but they will behind my back and those are not good "friends" to have.

Not to keep beating a dead horse...but RCXRider hit in on the head. Why do people frequent this forum?

IMHO they do it to meet fellow LIKE MINDED riders who seek off road and long distance travels. To me the key is like minded. Everyone who I ever met in person through this forum would give assistance in a moments notice. Obviously, friendships form between inmates through their time spent togther (i.e. off-line). To me, the online "banter" is just friends saying..."What's Up and when are we riding again!". If a lurker or inexperienced inmate ever joins in on an organized ride, they either fit in with the group or they don't (personality wise and with their level of experience).
nunzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:27 AM   #54957
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by klxsqrl View Post
I was looking for the Adventure in Ohio thread? Found Jerry, Jerry, Jerry.!!! The mud will be fun today.

I like bikes... do you like bikes?
klxsquirrel
Bikes? Hell them things are dangerous!

I finally have a day off without any plans so I may actually get a chance to go for a ride.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:37 AM   #54958
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post

I finally have a day off without any plans so I may actually get a chance to go for a ride.

Make sure you film some mind numbing video

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:56 AM   #54959
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Make sure you film some mind numbing video
Old 12-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #54960
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
Bikes? Hell them things are dangerous!

There is no good riding around here but if you make it this way let me know and we can do lunch some place.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote