ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 06:29 AM   #55291
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I ran it dry at 151 miles.
I'm right on then. I need to stop for gas more often. I'm used to 200+ from the KLR.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #55292
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 9,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic_detonator View Post
Nics or whatever i have to do to make it legit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post

There is no "gun registry". I wish there was one, I wish it was as simple as running a car's plate number to verify ownership; but sadly all the zealots are terrified that the man will know what guns they own.

Ergo, the 4473 only documents the transaction from the FFL dealer to the original purchaser. That record can be traced by the ATF, but it's not a record readily accessible to any other law enforcement. Even in an active investigation, a request for original purchaser info still has to be sent to the ATF and they reply at their convenience.

After original sale there is no record of person to person transactions, only trasactions from an FFL dealer to a person, such as when a used gun is traded in to a dealer and then resold to another person.

As far as your question, I think a ban is a long time coming, if at all; and will likely not affect your deal. You are waiting on a stripped lower, and that's it? You should be able to find one of those fairly easily still without waiting for the Stag you have on order. Brand is really not important, long as it's mil-spec. I believe the only brand that might be an issue with a build would be a Colt, since some of the holes are not mil spec sized.

Edit, I just reread your original post. I think I misunderstood. You had a complete rifle on order and they failed to deliver it yet; so now you are looking for a lower and parts to do a build? Got it. Sorry...

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #55293
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 1,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
I live in Columbus, but I'm willing to travel if I can't find anything closer. I'm looking to do a walk-in, so I don't have to mail it. Living in Franklin County, I know I'll not get another lower papered if anything happens to this one.
Any specific reason for that? Offhand in Columbus,I'm not sure who does engraving. I'm sure a search or asking smiths could get results.

Meef,I'm aware there's no registry. And the zealots have a bit of truth. The Fed was supposed to destroy records of 4473 forms,and it's been proven they haven't before. As far as the panic and tin foil hat crowd,it rarely effects them if at all. A stolen firearm registry would be nice. I've got 2 out there that need to come back.

There's also several flaws elsewhere in the purchasing side..many psychologists and mental health professionals don't report to the state,some states don't even report to the Fed about care either. Its left solely up to whoever pencils in the 4473 to not lie on it.

Danjal screwed with this post 12-24-2012 at 07:40 AM
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #55294
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Did you go to the stillers game? Tough loss

no...I was kind of expecting a loss...fits in with the rest of our season...stillers have been snakebit this season

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301

sion screwed with this post 12-24-2012 at 12:13 PM
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #55295
mic_detonator
ride

Oddometer: 791
Thanks for the reply and the encouragement Meef, i like many am getting nervous that stag may never come through. It seems like forever but after reading some forums. People were going through this last year and years before with the left hand orders. Either way i'm glad i have bought up some mags and started getting what i need before the wolves kicked in.
mic_detonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #55296
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post

I have to get a background check from NCSI every year
For what? Just curious. Even with the Federal contract work I do, its only every 5.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #55297
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
There is no "gun registry". I wish there was one, I wish it was as simple as running a car's plate number to verify ownership; but sadly all the zealots are terrified that the man will know what guns they own.
It's not a zealous statement to believe the government should not have a registry of your belongings, especially ones that are demonized and vilified by people who fear or don't understand them. Even tho normally this would not present much of a problem for normal people, bad situations like Katrina pointed out that well-meaning people can justify taking a steaming dump on your civil liberties at will. I don't want to assist them in that process, should it ever come to pass.

Put me right in that zealous camp.

Yeah, people can say cars are registered and other items - but they escape that political/emotional scrutiny, and they are also not named specifically in the bill of rights as something that shouldn't be infringed upon.

/soap box.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #55298
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
It's not a zealous statement to believe the government should not have a registry of your belongings, especially ones that are demonized and vilified by people who fear or don't understand them. Even tho normally this would not present much of a problem for normal people, bad situations like Katrina pointed out that well-meaning people can justify taking a steaming dump on your civil liberties at will. I don't want to assist them in that process, should it ever come to pass.

Yeah, people can say cars are registered and other items - but they escape that political/emotional scrutiny, and they are also not named specifically in the bill of rights as something that shouldn't be infringed upon.

/soap box.

well said

and it must be noted that historically, every time a government wanted to remove guns from the hands of its citizens, it started with a registry of those guns, and promises that they weren't going to be taken away.

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #55299
buildit
Pumpkin Rider

Oddometer: 13,760
Quote:

/soap box.
Man Swing, you make it sound like they would publish your name and address in the paper or on the web so everyone could know.

Oh, wait.....
Quote:
December 23rd 2012 a New York Newspaper Printed the names and addresses of every Licensed Pistol Permit holder in two Counties and another County is being posted shortly!

http://amiglobalsecurity.com/breakin...-print-online/
Old 12-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #55300
mic_detonator
ride

I bought this thing for my xmas present thinking i was ahead of the curve. and really flubbed because i have no xmas present. So in normal fashion I'm going to act reel surprised and open a gun case of my current stash. lol
Old 12-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #55301
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,283
Quote:

/soap box.

I am right there with you Swing.

I was thinking about a Stag, being a lefty & all, but I just wound up buying a Bushmaster. If TSHTF I'd like to be comfortable picking up any AR & shooting it. I thought the brass would be a problem, but it is not. No big deal for just casual shooting & even less of an issue if it were an emergency. The military only uses right handed ones.

The Sig 226 is not exactly left hand friendly either, but I have gotten pretty good with using the side of my index finger to move the decocking lever.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #55302
mic_detonator
ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
I am right there with you Swing.

I was thinking about a Stag, being a lefty & all, but I just wound up buying a Bushmaster. If TSHTF I'd like to be comfortable picking up any AR & shooting it. I thought the brass would be a problem, but it is not. No big deal for just casual shooting & even less of an issue if it were an emergency. The military only uses right handed ones.

The Sig 226 is not exactly left hand friendly either, but I have gotten pretty good with using the side of my index finger to move the decocking lever.
I was thinking that way back in July i had the exact one right in my hands for 800 and should have bought it right then. Foolish me for thinking that anything will go the way i want it to. Motorcycles have taught me this lesson long ago. :$

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
Old 12-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #55303
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,917
You know the feds are monitoring this website, seeing what all kinds of guns you proclaim to have, don't you?
I don't own ANY guns! No, not me! You feds go somewhere else!
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #55304
mic_detonator
ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
You know the feds are monitoring this website, seeing what all kinds of guns you proclaim to have, don't you?
I don't own ANY guns! No, not me! You feds go somewhere else!
hahaha now THATS funny!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
Old 12-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #55305
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 22,987
Its a wonder you guys ever leave the house. Boo

Merry Christmas

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote