ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #55381
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
Looking forward to a review of the SR9c.
I've shot it a couple times so far, went back to the range (in the snow) and hit some armor gongs on the action course with it. Ran about 250 rounds of WWB, Tula and various carry ammo, and another 100 on the range at New Albany later in the day with a friend and put it on paper. No hiccups, ran like a champ with everything I ran through it.

It's a superb little gun so far...feels like a full size gun (especially with the grip extension and 17 rounder) but packs small. Narrow enough to disappear on my hip.

Sits in the hand very similar to an M&P with a low boreline and a soft shooter, very little felt-recoil. Follow ups were fast and easy. Nice adjustable sights, which on a compact in that price range is a nice addition.

Trigger is crisp and short but new out of the box there's a little creep - could probably be cleaned up but I will break it in first to see how much it really needs.

The ambi controls are nice, thumb safety is intuitively placed and easy to engage...another nice feature for carry. I don't like the ginormous loaded chamber indicator particularly, but it's not in the way it's mostly just an aesthetic thing.

It has a magazine disconnect, but it's easily disabled if you don't want that feature.

Accuracy wise it's very good for a 3.5" gun...shoot as well if not better than my 4" M&P 9mm.

Kinda wish the mags were a little cheaper, availability right now is awful. I had to pay $40 each from Cabelas, the only place I found them in stock but they're quality mags and should last a long time.

For the low price (I paid $407 online with free shipping), I don't know of a better deal in a compact 9.

swingset screwed with this post 12-27-2012 at 06:42 AM
swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:21 AM   #55382
Rich B
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 601
"Anybody get a new bike or some other sweet thing for Christmas this year?"

I have enough bikes...sheesh....some might even start to go away....but did get some cash to rebuild the magdyno on the BSA M33 that is slowly coming back to life in the garage. Or should I buy more ammo - decisions, decisions

"Oh, I'm sure there is some useless politicians the town is paying way too much to sit in an office and chase the secretary"

Well, if you read the local paper....the town Meef works in has 7, yes, that is right 7 town council members. And a mayor...and a white elephant water park that loses money every year......but hey, they know what they are doing.....
Old 12-27-2012, 05:39 AM   #55383
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,095
Hey, dox, single-speed or fixie?
Rode my nephew's fixie Sun., me no-likey. Single-speed sounds better.
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #55384
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
I've shot it a couple times so far, went back to the range (in the snow) and hit some armor gongs on the action course with it. Ran about 250 rounds of WWB, Tula and various carry ammo, and another 100 on the range at New Albany later in the day with a friend and put it on paper. No hiccups, ran like a champ with everything I ran through it.
Thanks Swing, going to check them out.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:22 AM   #55385
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,974
I know this will fall on deaf ears but, Caine and I are heading to Ray's Mtb Park after I get off work this evning. Come and improve your crashing skills

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #55386
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,463
Some of you may recall this goatfuck from October 1:

It's been two months now of trying to get her insured, Nationwide, to cough up the money for my totaled car, my personal property destroyed when the other driver ran into the station, and the injuries I sustained when the truck hit the couch I was sitting on which wrenched my knee and back, and beat me up with construction debris to the face.

They have repeatedly refused to cover any damages, stating that their insured had an acute medical emergency, and that is an event they do not legally have to cover.

After firing multiple letters back and forth, and being denied every time, I have finally retained an attorney and am suing them, and the other driver.

I hate lawyers, and hate the tort process, and really hate the idea that now I'm lumped in with the gazillion "frivolous personal injury suits" that clog up our courts; but these bastards simply would not do the right thing and take care of their basic obligations. I had asked them for $5,000; which was essentially the value of the equipment I owned which was destroyed in the crash, and my deductible and "extra damage payment" that my bank required for the car to be paid off. Certainly not unreasonable, and honestly probably more than fair for them; and still they refused to pay.

I would have to suggest to anyone here to not use Nationwide for insurance; and I plan on offering that little nugget to anyone I contact in either of my jobs, too.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #55387
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
"Anybody get a new bike or some other sweet thing for Christmas this year?"

I have enough bikes...sheesh....some might even start to go away....but did get some cash to rebuild the magdyno on the BSA M33 that is slowly coming back to life in the garage. Or should I buy more ammo - decisions, decisions

"Oh, I'm sure there is some useless politicians the town is paying way too much to sit in an office and chase the secretary"

Well, if you read the local paper....the town Meef works in has 7, yes, that is right 7 town council members. And a mayor...and a white elephant water park that loses money every year......but hey, they know what they are doing.....
Did anyone ever figure out why your quotes are fucked up?

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #55388
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post

It's been two months now of trying to get her insured, Nationwide, to cough up the money for my totaled car, my personal property destroyed when the other driver ran into the station, and the injuries I sustained when the truck hit the couch I was sitting on which wrenched my knee and back, and beat me up with construction debris to the face.

They have repeatedly refused to cover any damages, stating that their insured had an acute medical emergency, and that is an event they do not legally have to cover.

After firing multiple letters back and forth, and being denied every time, I have finally retained an attorney and am suing them, and the other driver.

I hate lawyers, and hate the tort process, and really hate the idea that now I'm lumped in with the gazillion "frivolous personal injury suits" that clog up our courts; but these bastards simply would not do the right thing and take care of their basic obligations. I had asked them for $5,000; which was essentially the value of the equipment I owned which was destroyed in the crash, and my deductible and "extra damage payment" that my bank required for the car to be paid off. Certainly not unreasonable, and honestly probably more than fair for them; and still they refused to pay.

I would have to suggest to anyone here to not use Nationwide for insurance; and I plan on offering that little nugget to anyone I contact in either of my jobs, too.
That's not a frivolous law suit there. I wonder how long until they use that excuse for drunken drivers. Toss in lost wages if you had time off for injuries. And beware about injuries too,many insurance companies want to settle and you get screwed later in life from it. That said,would your insurance cover it? Sometimes they do then sue to recoup losses.

Danjal screwed with this post 12-27-2012 at 09:57 AM
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #55389
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,564
Quote:

I would think that your insurance company should be fighting this battle for you.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #55390
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,095
Quote:

Considering they're based in Columbus, I wonder how they would react if a local news media picked up on the story.

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #55391
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
That's not a frivolous law suit there.
True, but I have always tended to think of "personal injury" suits as bullshit... I think a few years back I even went on a rant on this thread about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
I would think that your insurance company should be fighting this battle for you.
My insurance paid the claim for the car, which was $7,000 and some change on a car I could not replace for less than $12,000; but otherwise have not stepped up.

I guess that's mostly my fault. I was under the (false) impression that Nationwide would do the right thing if I just extended them the chance to do so, so I began dealing with them instead of my insurance. Once it reached the point we are at now, it's really was to late to re-involve Erie Insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
Considering they're based in Columbus, I wonder how they would react if a local news media picked up on the story.
I doubt they give a shit. Hell, there's at least two guys who are on this thread, or at least used to be, who work for Nationwide in Columbus. Of course, one of them is a spineless, lying piece of shit who puts his own interests ahead of anyone else and doesn't even have the balls to man up and admit his wrongdoing, so I doubt he'd do much to render assistance...

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #55392
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,771
That sucks Mark, but I agree nothing about your suit is frivolous - hell that's about the best reason for lawsuits to exist! Hope it works out for you, seems like you're on the clear side of the law on this one.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #55393
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,704
Quote:

I had Nationwide for almost 30 years from a guy that my dad went to school with. After he sold the business, which is another story, I found out how shitty they actually were, and how much he had actually been greasing the skid for our family. Everyone in the family has left them now, except for one vehicle that no one else will insure on account of the manufacturer being out of business.

I hope you get all that you should have gotten from them at minimum.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #55394
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,049
How does their jingle go? "Nationwide sticks it up inside!"
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #55395
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,143
Finally done plowing snow.....27 hours later.......

I got an awesome christmas present from Krista. It even has a VW emblem brander to brand your burgers....perfect for the next campfire I have surrounded by dog turds...

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote