ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #55561
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
I've considered a full swap, but I'm fussy enough to want to keep the instrument/light assembly just as it is which is mounted to the upper triple.
Make a bracket for it or modify that to fit also. Sky's the limit here. The biggest stop is money, skill,tools,and time. Got a picture of the existing setup?
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #55562
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
He claims thats the stock tank,??? Yea I ask about the 250 it a 05 or 06 and he wanted $3000.00 for it. I payed $800.00 for the 400 so i was shocked he wanted so much for the 250. I will probley have 3k in this pig by the time I am done.

alanswr400
Damn, 3k is about $1500 more than I would pay unless it's still at the dealer.....seems like a good price for the 400, 'specially already plated.

I hate to even think how much I have sank into my KTM since I bought it, and I still can't ride the damned thing.....I was really wanting to blast around in the snow on it the other day...

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #55563
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Damn, 3k is about $1500 more than I would pay unless it's still at the dealer.....seems like a good price for the 400, 'specially already plated.

I hate to even think how much I have sank into my KTM since I bought it, and I still can't ride the damned thing.....I was really wanting to blast around in the snow on it the other day...
Yea I was thinking $1500 but he said it was his boys and the 400 was his. Maybe the boy still owes $ on it? I am going to do the easy/cheap stuff and if it doesn't fix it I am selling it. I don't really need it but I do like to work on bikes and I have time to do it. It does start good and runs ok just not 100%. Might have some thing to do with it being 25 degrees outside and kyle riding it WFO?
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #55564
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Make a bracket for it or modify that to fit also. Sky's the limit here. The biggest stop is money, skill,tools,and time. Got a picture of the existing setup?
Not yet ... I'll be able to get some this weekend.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #55565
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,470
Quote:
Yea I was thinking $1500 but he said it was his boys and the 400 was his. Maybe the boy still owes $ on it? I am going to do the easy/cheap stuff and if it doesn't fix it I am selling it. I don't really need it but I do like to work on bikes and I have time to do it. It does start good and runs ok just not 100%. Might have some thing to do with it being 25 degrees outside and kyle riding it WFO?
You selling your WR250R? Sion had been wanting one. ;)
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #55566
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,150
Quote:
I don't really need it but I do like to work on bikes and I have time to do it.
Sweet, I'll bring my 450 and a box of parts by......

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #55567
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
Not yet ... I'll be able to get some this weekend.
Post it up when you do. Plenty of mechanically inclined folks here,I'm sure we can figure something out.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #55568
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
You selling your WR250R? Sion had been wanting one. ;)

Never.. That little bike is the best. The plan is to ride the 400 in the woods since it is already beat to crap, and keep the 250 nice since it has all new plastic. That 48hp sure sounds like fun also..
Old 01-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #55569
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Sweet, I'll bring my 450 and a box of parts by......
Give me a week or so to get the 400 fixed.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #55570
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,539
1. How was your 2012 on motorcycles? Did you do a lot of riding? Take the trips you wanted to?

Decent. Did a 3 day trip to WV, VA with McTacticool and somecallmetim, and it was neat to see McTacticool's skills develop as we rode. Did an overnighter to PA with RCJ on the 250s, that was fun, too. Did a 4 day 1150 mile Michigan UP off road / dirt road trip with flagger and z@ch, had a great time. Best ride was with Meredith, we did a 3 day, 2 bike (fuck that pillion shit) trip through NY wine country and the Finger Lakes, camping, swimming, eating like pigs, sightseeing, hiking, just generally getting back to the important things. Took a gazillion local rides, did some Ohio and NEO tags. All told did about 8,000 mi on the WRR and 9,000 on the Strom, and 4,000 on the Tenere. Wanted to ride more but I work an awful lot...

2. What do you have planned for 2013? Any special trips or events you're looking forward to? Are you in the planning stages or dreaming stages?

Probably knock out a bunch of local rides, maybe 6 or so oevernighters, and maybe one big trip to ??? A lot of this is dependent on my job situation, if I get laid off I doubt I'll be riding a lot of miles if only to save money. Then again, if I can bank enough and I get laid off in the summer, I'm gone for as long as I can afford to.

3. Do you have a new bike or bikes in your vision?

I'm pretty much done shopping for bikes for the forseeable future. Bought a 2012 Tenere a few months back and that should do it for the next half decade, at least. Meredith got my hand me down Strom, hers went to Whitey. I bought a WRR in February but I don't really count that as a new bike since I had one previously and the WRR I bought was almost like the one I had sold, miles were exactly consistent with where my first one would have been had I kept it.

4. What are you going to do this winter during the bitter cold? Big repairs, maintenance, plan, say fuggit and ride, drink?

Work as much as I possibly can and sleep the rest of the time. I will ride as I can, as the weather allows, but I have no plans for any mods or repairs. I will need new tires on the Tenere soon but I may try and push that to spring.

5. How do you view your riding right now? Anything changed or your focus or goals still what they were? Do you want to learn or do anything different?

I can always learn, I would like to be more adept at off road stuff.

6. Did you have any wrecks or get-offs this year? If so, how are you doing afterwards? Back to your old self or still coming back? Has it changed your riding?

No. Shit, I don't even think I dropped my bike, except maybe the WRR and that was only a handful of times.

7. Going with that subject, if for some reason you weren't able to ride, what would you do with yourself?

Eat my gat.

8. Where are some places you haven't ridden you're dying to?

I've been all over the US, I would love to ride Europe. Not in the cards for a while though.

9. What oil is the best?

I use the cheapest dino shit I can find, never had a problem.

On a related note I wanted to say thanks to most of the people on this thread. I know many of you personally, and have become good friends with several. I enjoy ADV and this thread is the first thing I generally do online every day. Hope everyone has a safe and happy 2013. -Mark

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #55571
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,539
Quote:
Never.. That little bike is the best. The plan is to ride the 400 in the woods since it is already beat to crap, and keep the 250 nice since it has all new plastic. That 48hp sure sounds like fun also..
Yeah, that's gonna happen.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #55572
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Yeah, that's gonna happen.
Its a good plan, and as long as I dont ride with you (or hit a truck) it should stay nice. Unlike the first ride I took with you last spring on the WR when I dropped it twice once on each side. Man that was a fun day.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #55573
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous

Oddometer: 1,008
Congrats on the War Pig, sounds like a great deal.

Quote:
Bought this tonight. The PO called it the War Pig. Its a 2000 WR400f. Looks like its had a rough life. The PO was a older guy that bought it in 2006 to ride in the woods with his son that had a WR250F. They stoped rideing a couple years ago and both bikes were sitting in the corner of the garage. It needs a little love but seems to run ok for a bike that hasnt ran in over a year. Going to check the valves and clean the carb. tmw. Picture off Craigslist it got dark before we got home. All yea it has a street title already.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #55574
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
Here's a little video to celebrate...

I like the rear wheel shots - you have a lot of cameras
Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #55575
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,795
Quote:
Bought this tonight. The PO called it the War Pig. Its a 2000 WR400f. Looks like its had a rough life. The PO was a older guy that bought it in 2006 to ride in the woods with his son that had a WR250F. They stoped rideing a couple years ago and both bikes were sitting in the corner of the garage. It needs a little love but seems to run ok for a bike that hasnt ran in over a year. Going to check the valves and clean the carb. tmw. Picture off Craigslist it got dark before we got home. All yea it has a street title already.

Nice buy, I liked the 400's and that motor - that should be a nice bike. Torque, you gots it.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote