ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #55666
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
Oh ... Mark must be wearing those oh-so-stylish 'skinny' jeans ... the boots fit under mine.
Mark calls them "jeggings".

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #55667
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
Oh ... Mark must be wearing those oh-so-stylish 'skinny' jeans ... the boots fit under mine.
They fit but it's super tight, and the cuffs get caught on the buckles of the boots. Way easier to tuck them in, though I almost always wear overpants anyway.

MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #55668
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
Thanks. I should have watched the youtube videos and read up on the carb. before I pulled it off. Owell I have to put a new throttle cable on so I will play with the carb. then. It does have a bunch of stuff to fine tune like you said but it looks like a bunch of stuff to get out of ajustment on a old carb. You dont have a extra throttle cable you want to sell do you?
On a good note the fuel petcock was leaking but I had a Blaster gas tank in the shed that uses the same guts as the WR does so I got the leaking petcock fixed.
No real spare parts here. I modded mine to fit stock dr650 cables.
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:48 PM   #55669
racer64
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I have these. I think I have previously responded to a comment you made about them.

Good boots but they will not fit under jeans comfortably. They are tall and bulky, though quite light, comfortable, and waterproof.

The buckles get dirt up in them and have a hard time latching, you need to keep them clean.

Revzilla or New Enough has them for $249 shipped.
Haven't been on here for a while.Saw the post about new boots I am Also looking at getting the alpinestar scout boots or the sidi discovery rain I know they are about $100 apart any ideas? I had the thor atv boots and they fell apart did get my money back. going to pay the money for smoething that will last. Also anyone going to the indoor MX racing at summit fairgrounds this coming weekend I plan on going on sat. night.
racer64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #55670
Moparmanpete
Support all riders

Oddometer: 294
Question boots

Anyone have any experiences with Firstgear Boots?
87 XL600R "The Cracken" deceased till further notice
Moparmanpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #55671
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparmanpete View Post
Anyone have any experiences with Firstgear Boots?
If you wear an odd size they can go out of stock for a long time. They do large production runs every other year, and if the supply they ran doesn't last that long oh well. I know 2 guys that absolutely love them, but I have never been a fan of light duty street boots.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #55672
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,114
I finally made it to IP today and got the wifey a riding coat, helmet, and gloves. Im glad to see her interested enough in wanting ride with me and be more safe and comfortable. I was browsing boots and couldn't make up my mind and I left with nothing for myself. I kind of lost interest after watching my wife try on every damn coat in the place twice.

I want a decent mid height boot that is easy to get on and off and will fit under jeans. I know I trade off protection, but I dont want 5 buckles and it to stop at the top of my calf like off road boots. I also dont want to drop $250-300 on a boot that I wont wear more then once a week. I know I want a lot for nothing, but hey I am honest. Are Crocs still in style?
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #55673
Moparmanpete
Support all riders

Oddometer: 294
I have to go to IP some time, apparently I have a cousin that works there.
87 XL600R "The Cracken" deceased till further notice
Moparmanpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #55674
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post

I want a decent mid height boot that is easy to get on and off and will fit under jeans. I know I trade off protection, but I dont want 5 buckles and it to stop at the top of my calf like off road boots. I also dont want to drop $250-300 on a boot that I wont wear more then once a week. I know I want a lot for nothing, but hey I am honest. Are Crocs still in style?
Picked up a pair of Alpinestars Ridge Waterproof boots on clearance at IP for around 100 bucks or less. They are easy to get on/off, however they may take some tweaking on the velcro to get them as tight as you might like them. Comfortable enough to wear all day at work when I don't make it to my desk, but super easy to get on/off if I want to swap out for something more work appropriate. Work great under most jeans, unless you're wearing jeggings. So far they've been truly waterproof, although I haven't really tested them in the worst of conditions - mostly just light to moderate rain.

Fit and finish seems good. If IP doesn't have any left, they can still be found online for ~150 bucks at Revzilla, perhaps cheaper elsewhere.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #55675
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Picked up a pair of Alpinestars Ridge Waterproof boots on clearance at IP for around 100 bucks or less. They are easy to get on/off, however they may take some tweaking on the velcro to get them as tight as you might like them. Comfortable enough to wear all day at work when I don't make it to my desk, but super easy to get on/off if I want to swap out for something more work appropriate. Work great under most jeans, unless you're wearing jeggings. So far they've been truly waterproof, although I haven't really tested them in the worst of conditions - mostly just light to moderate rain.

Fit and finish seems good. If IP doesn't have any left, they can still be found online for ~150 bucks at Revzilla, perhaps cheaper elsewhere.
Thanks Dox
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #55676
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,551
I too got a pair of the Ridge boots at IP last year. I concur with everything Dox says about them....they are light and comfy all day. However, having ridden in them during a couple of frog stranglers, I can tell you that they are not totally waterproof....but then again, very few boots truly are.

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #55677
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
Try a shorty MX boot - fits all your criteria. I have the Fox Comp5's and I love the hell out of them. Great protection for ankles and feet, just not as much on the shin and calf as a full MX boot. Mine have been very good in keeping water out too. Mine were $115 on the net.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #55678
The Roadie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Shhhhhh..........Quit talking about all of the good riding in OH. We have most people convinced that it sucks here so they'll stay away.
This made me laugh. Then I realized I'm the unlucky bastard in northeastern ohio... Jokes on me

The Roadie screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 10:47 PM Reason: wrong post
The Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:38 AM   #55679
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,633
I've had these Alpinestars Roam WP boots for about 18 months now. Very comfortable and so far waterproof. Easy fit under boot cut jeans.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...FQVgMgodwTQA9w
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:41 AM   #55680
CBBaron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
Try a shorty MX boot - fits all your criteria. I have the Fox Comp5's and I love the hell out of them. Great protection for ankles and feet, just not as much on the shin and calf as a full MX boot. Mine have been very good in keeping water out too. Mine were $115 on the net.

]
I've got the A* Ridge and the Fox Comp5.
The Ridge is a comfortable boot for off bike walking and easy to put on and off. It's what I wear on my short commute. But the are light a flexible and I doubt they would provide much protection beyond abrasion resistance. The Comp5 is a much more substantial boot. Only slightly harder to get on but much stiffer. It should provide decent foot and ankle protection at the expense of walking comfort. Both seem to be waterproof if you keep your pants down over the top of them. I have trouble with pants riding over the top of both but I have a long inseam.

Craig
CBBaron is online now   Reply With Quote