ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #56041
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparmanpete View Post
If it wasn't my only bike then it wouldn't bother me nearly as bad, but when I miss most of last season and break down every damn ride, this shit is for the birds.
What exactly is wrong with it? Or is it one of those "it's just getting old" deals?
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #56042
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparmanpete View Post
If it wasn't my only bike then it wouldn't bother me nearly as bad, but when I miss most of last season and break down every damn ride, this shit is for the birds.
It might sound flippant, but just buy a new bike.

Life is too short to not be doing something you enjoy, and funding the things we enjoy doing is why we work in the first place. There are those who will tell you to avoid debt and save your pennies til you can plunk them down for a new GS; I say that money is merely an abstract concept and debt is simply a number.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #56043
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post

Life is too short to not be doing something you enjoy, and funding the things we enjoy doing is why we work in the first place. There are those who will tell you to avoid debt and save your pennies til you can plunk them down for a new GS; I say that money is merely an abstract concept and debt is simply a number.
Can I borrow some abstract concepts from you.

edit.....O'bummer....is that you?
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #56044
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:

Good stuff.

Should have saved a little more abstract concept for a bigger house, though. Garage is now way too small.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #56045
SlipChip
Adventure Commuter

Oddometer: 3,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Good stuff.

Should have saved a little more abstract concept for a bigger house, though. Garage is now way too small.
Meh, screw the house, how many square feet is the garage?!

I made that mistake myself. I don't know why I comprimised, it has gotten me nowhere so far.

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #56046
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Good stuff.

I'm still looking for that 1,000 Sq ft. house attached to a 5,000 sq ft. garage.

I've given up.

I have 5 motorcyles that are spending their winter inside my house.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #56047
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,406
Consider a ramp in your attached garage that goes into the basement.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #56048
Rich B
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 602
Eh?

SCQTT sez:

"I'm still looking for that 1,000 Sq ft. house attached to a 5,000 sq ft. garage"

Uh, don't do that. The large garage merely becomes an excuse to own a lot more shit I know first hand....
Old 01-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #56049
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 852
Good as new. I went to the doctor today and he said my leg looks real good. He said the bone looks like it is healing good and I can go back to work on the 4th. I am ready to get back to work and out of the house I just hope my leg is ready for 8 hours of walking. My ankle is still stiff and I have trouble wallking up and down steps but most of the walking I do is flat. Hopfully going back to work will get my leg stronger and back to normal soon.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #56050
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
Good as new. I went to the doctor today and he said my leg looks real good. He said the bone looks like it is healing good and I can go back to work on the 4th. I am ready to get back to work and out of the house I just hope my leg is ready for 8 hours of walking. My ankle is still stiff and I have trouble wallking up and down steps but most of the walking I do is flat. Hopfully going back to work will get my leg stronger and back to normal soon.
So that means that next time you are going to peer pressure me into that powerline hill climb?

I hope you have a DVR so you can stay caught up on your daytime soaps after you go back to work.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #56051
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
SCQTT sez:

"I'm still looking for that 1,000 Sq ft. house attached to a 5,000 sq ft. garage"

Uh, don't do that. The large garage merely becomes an excuse to own a lot more shit I know first hand....

Yes, very correct.

I have a 36X36 attached, a 24X30 unattached & a 30X70 barn....I still have motorcycles in my house.

Hoarder!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #56052
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,144
Quote:

This. I enjoy tinkering with stuff as much as any other red blooded American, but when the tinkering time far outweighs the fun time, I reexamine. I have no problem spending money on toys, mostly because I could get hit by a beer truck tomorrow, so I may as well enjoy shit now. I'm bad with the desire for instant gratification.....

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #56053
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipChip View Post
Meh, screw the house, how many square feet is the garage?!

I made that mistake myself. I don't know why I comprimised, it has gotten me nowhere so far.
We are still in our "five year starter house". Been there almost eleven years now
Old 01-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #56054
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
So that means that next time you are going to peer pressure me into that powerline hill climb?
I hope you have a DVR so you can stay caught up on your daytime soaps after you go back to work.
Yep we can race up it.

Who needs soaps when we have all the drama here.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #56055
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
This. I enjoy tinkering with stuff as much as any other red blooded American, but when the tinkering time far outweighs the fun time, I reexamine. I have no problem spending money on toys, mostly because I could get hit by a beer truck tomorrow, so I may as well enjoy shit now. I'm bad with the desire for instant gratification.....

Well on the bright side it would be a beer truck....a fitting demise for a man.

You could swerve trying to miss a baby opposum, lose the front end, gather it back in, only to lose it again in the ditch, gather it back in once again coming to an ass puckering stop. As you collect your thoughts you see a lucky "heads up" penny. You pick it up, not knowing it carried some horrible flesh eating disease. You are admitted to the hospital just in time to save one leg, the rest of your limbs have basically melted away. On the way home from the hospital your wife swerves to miss the same baby opposum causing you to lightly bonk your head on the B pilar of the car. This causes you to choke to death on the gummy bear you were eating. (no doubt a get well gift from one of the FFs on ADV rider)

Dead is dead, but the manner in which you go should be fitting of how you lived your life. SCQTT