ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 08:27 PM   #56041
sion
sigh-own
 
sion's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Hocking Hills
Oddometer: 3,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparmanpete View Post
Now to find a mechanic or high cliff to fix my bike. I've had it with that damn thing!

you're giving up way too early...you need to fix it, ride it half a season, hole out the piston, fix it again, ride it not even half a season then have it refuse to start for you for no reason whatsoever only two weeks after you last rode it...

only then can you consider giving up on it
__________________
I say, there's no such thing as a bad day's riding. -metaljockey

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #56042
indypup
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
 
indypup's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Troy, OHIO
Oddometer: 2,854
Twisty, Twisty...Swirly, Swirly! The hurricanes' a comin' Twisty, Twisty...Swirly, Swirly the huricane is here!



Damn goony...I can't get that song out of my head now...
__________________
If there's no video...it didn't happen
2014 350 XCF-W Six Days SE
2007 ST1300, 2008 KLR650, 2008 WR250R, 1995 Ninja 250R
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:33 AM   #56043
Moparmanpete
Support all riders
 
Moparmanpete's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: ohio
Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
you're giving up way too early...you need to fix it, ride it half a season, hole out the piston, fix it again, ride it not even half a season then have it refuse to start for you for no reason whatsoever only two weeks after you last rode it...

only then can you consider giving up on it

If it wasn't my only bike then it wouldn't bother me nearly as bad, but when I miss most of last season and break down every damn ride, this shit is for the birds.
__________________
"The reward is in the doing of it" "If you don't go when you to want to go, when you do go you'll find you've gone" BM
08 Wildfire 150 Scoot "The Virus"
The Virus's RR http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=826703
87 XL600R "The Cracken" deceased till further notice
Moparmanpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:21 AM   #56044
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BigOhio's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Muskrat Castle
Oddometer: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
you're giving up way too early...you need to fix it, ride it half a season, hole out the piston, fix it again, ride it not even half a season then have it refuse to start for you for no reason whatsoever only two weeks after you last rode it...

only then can you consider giving up on it
When you are ready for something different, I may know of a KLR650 just down that road from you that could come up for sale sometime.
__________________
Ouch, that hurts...
BigOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #56045
Danjal
Insert wit here.
 
Danjal's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Location,Location
Oddometer: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparmanpete View Post
If it wasn't my only bike then it wouldn't bother me nearly as bad, but when I miss most of last season and break down every damn ride, this shit is for the birds.
What exactly is wrong with it? Or is it one of those "it's just getting old" deals?
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #56046
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, OH
Oddometer: 9,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparmanpete View Post
If it wasn't my only bike then it wouldn't bother me nearly as bad, but when I miss most of last season and break down every damn ride, this shit is for the birds.
It might sound flippant, but just buy a new bike.

Life is too short to not be doing something you enjoy, and funding the things we enjoy doing is why we work in the first place. There are those who will tell you to avoid debt and save your pennies til you can plunk them down for a new GS; I say that money is merely an abstract concept and debt is simply a number.
__________________
"A man turns his back on the comforts of home, and when the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road..." -DBT, Monument Valley

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #56047
Whitey1
"Whitebread"
 
Whitey1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Marion, Ohio
Oddometer: 9,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
It might sound flippant, but just buy a new bike.

Life is too short to not be doing something you enjoy, and funding the things we enjoy doing is why we work in the first place. There are those who will tell you to avoid debt and save your pennies til you can plunk them down for a new GS; I say that money is merely an abstract concept and debt is simply a number.
Can I borrow some abstract concepts from you.

edit.....O'bummer....is that you?
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #56048
dox
How much for the ape?
 
dox's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Athens, OH
Oddometer: 2,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
It might sound flippant, but just buy a new bike.

Life is too short to not be doing something you enjoy, and funding the things we enjoy doing is why we work in the first place. There are those who will tell you to avoid debt and save your pennies til you can plunk them down for a new GS; I say that money is merely an abstract concept and debt is simply a number.
Good stuff.

Should have saved a little more abstract concept for a bigger house, though. Garage is now way too small.
__________________
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
dox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #56049
SlipChip
Adventure Commuter
 
SlipChip's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: East of CleveOh
Oddometer: 2,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Good stuff.

Should have saved a little more abstract concept for a bigger house, though. Garage is now way too small.
Meh, screw the house, how many square feet is the garage?!

I made that mistake myself. I don't know why I comprimised, it has gotten me nowhere so far.
__________________
Chip
`92 Yamaha TDM 850

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #56050
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben
 
SCQTT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Mike's Sky Rancho
Oddometer: 5,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Good stuff.

Should have saved a little more abstract concept for a bigger house, though. Garage is now way too small.

I'm still looking for that 1,000 Sq ft. house attached to a 5,000 sq ft. garage.

I've given up.

I have 5 motorcyles that are spending their winter inside my house.
__________________
This is SPARTA!
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #56051
Danjal
Insert wit here.
 
Danjal's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Location,Location
Oddometer: 1,802
Consider a ramp in your attached garage that goes into the basement.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #56052
Rich B
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Rich B's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Stone Creek, OH
Oddometer: 490
Eh?

SCQTT sez:

"I'm still looking for that 1,000 Sq ft. house attached to a 5,000 sq ft. garage"

Uh, don't do that. The large garage merely becomes an excuse to own a lot more shit I know first hand....
__________________
LIfe is too short to drink bad beer!
Rich B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #56053
alansz400
Studly Adventurer
 
alansz400's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Loudonville ohio
Oddometer: 775
Good as new. I went to the doctor today and he said my leg looks real good. He said the bone looks like it is healing good and I can go back to work on the 4th. I am ready to get back to work and out of the house I just hope my leg is ready for 8 hours of walking. My ankle is still stiff and I have trouble wallking up and down steps but most of the walking I do is flat. Hopfully going back to work will get my leg stronger and back to normal soon.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #56054
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero
 
Gonzo_Matt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sparta, Ohio
Oddometer: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
Good as new. I went to the doctor today and he said my leg looks real good. He said the bone looks like it is healing good and I can go back to work on the 4th. I am ready to get back to work and out of the house I just hope my leg is ready for 8 hours of walking. My ankle is still stiff and I have trouble wallking up and down steps but most of the walking I do is flat. Hopfully going back to work will get my leg stronger and back to normal soon.
So that means that next time you are going to peer pressure me into that powerline hill climb?

I hope you have a DVR so you can stay caught up on your daytime soaps after you go back to work.
__________________
Never turn your back on Fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed.
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #56055
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben
 
SCQTT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Mike's Sky Rancho
Oddometer: 5,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
SCQTT sez:

"I'm still looking for that 1,000 Sq ft. house attached to a 5,000 sq ft. garage"

Uh, don't do that. The large garage merely becomes an excuse to own a lot more shit I know first hand....

Yes, very correct.

I have a 36X36 attached, a 24X30 unattached & a 30X70 barn....I still have motorcycles in my house.

Hoarder!
__________________
This is SPARTA!
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014