ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 03:39 AM   #56461
ArmyJoe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Mac View Post
FYI, You FF's
Cycle World, March 13 Has a shootout with the CRF vs KLX vs WR-R titled "Budget Bashers" I picked it up at the airport news stand enroute back to AFG. Good read. the WR250R STILL RULES!!
I'm no Carnac the Magnificent, but I predict they bitched about the price.

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:01 AM   #56462
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 1,939
Yeah. I don't understand the shootouts between those bikes. Apples to oranges if you ask me, they should be comparing the CRF and KLX to the XT. There is not a bike on the market to compare to the WRR, sure a KTM, Husky, or Gas Gas could work them on the trail, but you aren't running one of those 26k between valve checks.

It's a big world outside of ADVrider, and the average guy is not buying a 250 dual sport to go ride the TAT, he's gonna be in flip flops running down to the store or commuting to work. Honda was wise to come in at the price point they did with the bike they did. It looks badass, performs well, has the Honda name, and when the average buyer is at the dealer looking at at $7000 WRR or a $4500 CRF, it's pretty obvious which way he is going to go.

The WR is a nice square peg to fit nice square holes, but not all holes are square. The round peg CRF and KLX will fill the same hole, just not as well. Yamaha has a good niche market with a bike that has Japanese reliability, but still can hang with the more finicky Euro bikes, and they can charge a premium for it. I think Honda recognized that and decided there were a lot more average joe type riders than there were Road of Bones guys.

All of that said, I would like to see a Japanese manufacturer come up with some real competition to the WRR to further drive innovation in the performance small bore dual sport class.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #56463
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,636
I wonder if the fact that the XT is fuel injected for 2013 will hurt the WR sales any.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #56464
Entrepre-neer
Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
Does anyone here have a KTM RFS EXC they've dual sported? If so what kit did you use? I got into a conversation with a guy I know about riding offroad. He told me he had a dirt bike he hadn't rode in a few years that he would like to get part with. Short of it is there should be a 05 KTM 450 EXC in my garage in a week or two. .
+1 for the Sicaass racing kits/components. I was able to mix and match to get LED lights all around on my 07 450 XC-W.
I had the whole kit on in about two hours even adding a new stator and reg/rec. for 60W of LED headlights.

The handguards with LEDs and flush mount rear signals have held up well through lots of drops and crashes and I never have to worry about snapping off a blinker.

After seeing a few Baja DS kits I'd say the quality is better on this one.
Entrepre-neer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #56465
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 860
High of 50 tomorrow, 42 by noon.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #56466
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Meeting at Danville on sunday at 11 for the usual shenanigans, bring your good tires, I have a feeling it's gonna be ugly....
This still on?

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #56467
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
This still on?
Yup. I shouldn't have talked so much shit about my chainsaw. I was using it today and the fuel line has sprung a leak. It's a bitch to replace, so plans to clear quarry have been abandoned.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #56468
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 597
Planning a route from Marietta to AEP south of Cumberland tomorrow. Of course it will be maximum gravel/mud roads. I figure a little looking around up there, over to Caldwell for gas and meander back toward Marietta. I'm thinking I'll leave Marietta around 12:30. If interested pm me so we can be sure to meet up.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #56469
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,918
OK, spent 4 1/2 hours at car dealer today helping wife trade her '06 CR-v for '10 CR-v! I planned on test driving a new Honda Odessey, but I told them, heck, if it takes that long to buy a car there, forget it!
They said computers were running slow, I call BS.
Car dealers are about the lowest form of life on the planet.
bikeridermark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #56470
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
OK, spent 4 1/2 hours at car dealer today helping wife trade her '06 CR-v for '10 CR-v! I planned on test driving a new Honda Odessey, but I told them, heck, if it takes that long to buy a car there, forget it!
Ever been to a bmv? It's the anti customer service place.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #56471
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,643
Quote:
Yeah, takes way too long.

It took me almost seven hours to purchase a Mazda at Ricart's in 2006.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #56472
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

You guys are at wrong dealer. We bought Krista's tiguan at byers, got there at 6:30, were walking out the door at 8:30. Salesman didn't even ask for a drivers license when we test drove, and he knew Solace.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #56473
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 775
Quote:

Must be a Honda problem. We went on a saturday and did the test drive signed some papers and I thought we were good to go then the salesman said you can pick the car up Monday night. I was like What? He said that gives them time to detail the car. It was a NEW car. So we went back monday night ( 30 miles one way ) and then got the tour of the service center ( waste of time ) and signed the rest of the papers. Probley 2 more hours total.

See you guys in Danville at 11. I might bring a chain saw for you Matt if I can get the old POS running. I am not going to bring my good saw and have it fall off the bike.

alansz400 screwed with this post 02-09-2013 at 06:51 PM
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:01 AM   #56474
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post

See you guys in Danville at 11. I might bring a chain saw for you Matt if I can get the old POS running. I am not going to bring my good saw and have it fall off the bike.
Change of plans for me ... still too frigid to leave here at 9:30 to meet y'all at 11.

Have fun!

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:10 AM   #56475
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 860
ruppster,

If you are going to be in Caldwell, its easy to slip out 78 east and check out Township 138, (OR&W Tunnel Road,) south off 78, it turns into Township 314 (Mark Rossiter Road,)that dumps you out on CR 2, turn right, (south) and go to a left on Township 309 (East Union Hill Road,)

If you like that, get omn over to SR 260 and check out Sorg Road and Don Warner Road, Don Warner is the Craigs List Killer road. Sorg Road goes through to Radio Ridge, (or it did last summer,) but it is stupid sick.