ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #56461
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
High of 50 tomorrow, 42 by noon.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #56462
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Meeting at Danville on sunday at 11 for the usual shenanigans, bring your good tires, I have a feeling it's gonna be ugly....
This still on?

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #56463
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
This still on?
Yup. I shouldn't have talked so much shit about my chainsaw. I was using it today and the fuel line has sprung a leak. It's a bitch to replace, so plans to clear quarry have been abandoned.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #56464
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 725
Planning a route from Marietta to AEP south of Cumberland tomorrow. Of course it will be maximum gravel/mud roads. I figure a little looking around up there, over to Caldwell for gas and meander back toward Marietta. I'm thinking I'll leave Marietta around 12:30. If interested pm me so we can be sure to meet up.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #56465
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,096
OK, spent 4 1/2 hours at car dealer today helping wife trade her '06 CR-v for '10 CR-v! I planned on test driving a new Honda Odessey, but I told them, heck, if it takes that long to buy a car there, forget it!
They said computers were running slow, I call BS.
Car dealers are about the lowest form of life on the planet.
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #56466
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
OK, spent 4 1/2 hours at car dealer today helping wife trade her '06 CR-v for '10 CR-v! I planned on test driving a new Honda Odessey, but I told them, heck, if it takes that long to buy a car there, forget it!
Ever been to a bmv? It's the anti customer service place.
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #56467
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
Yeah, takes way too long.

It took me almost seven hours to purchase a Mazda at Ricart's in 2006.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #56468
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,144
You guys are at wrong dealer. We bought Krista's tiguan at byers, got there at 6:30, were walking out the door at 8:30. Salesman didn't even ask for a drivers license when we test drove, and he knew Solace.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #56469
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 852
Quote:

Must be a Honda problem. We went on a saturday and did the test drive signed some papers and I thought we were good to go then the salesman said you can pick the car up Monday night. I was like What? He said that gives them time to detail the car. It was a NEW car. So we went back monday night ( 30 miles one way ) and then got the tour of the service center ( waste of time ) and signed the rest of the papers. Probley 2 more hours total.

See you guys in Danville at 11. I might bring a chain saw for you Matt if I can get the old POS running. I am not going to bring my good saw and have it fall off the bike.

alansz400 screwed with this post 02-09-2013 at 06:51 PM
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:01 AM   #56470
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post

See you guys in Danville at 11. I might bring a chain saw for you Matt if I can get the old POS running. I am not going to bring my good saw and have it fall off the bike.
Change of plans for me ... still too frigid to leave here at 9:30 to meet y'all at 11.

Have fun!

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:10 AM   #56471
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

ruppster,

If you are going to be in Caldwell, its easy to slip out 78 east and check out Township 138, (OR&W Tunnel Road,) south off 78, it turns into Township 314 (Mark Rossiter Road,)that dumps you out on CR 2, turn right, (south) and go to a left on Township 309 (East Union Hill Road,)

If you like that, get omn over to SR 260 and check out Sorg Road and Don Warner Road, Don Warner is the Craigs List Killer road. Sorg Road goes through to Radio Ridge, (or it did last summer,) but it is stupid sick.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #56472
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
ruppster,

If you are going to be in Caldwell, its easy to slip out 78 east and check out Township 138, (OR&W Tunnel Road,) south off 78, it turns into Township 314 (Mark Rossiter Road,)that dumps you out on CR 2, turn right, (south) and go to a left on Township 309 (East Union Hill Road,)

If you like that, get omn over to SR 260 and check out Sorg Road and Don Warner Road, Don Warner is the Craigs List Killer road. Sorg Road goes through to Radio Ridge, (or it did last summer,) but it is stupid sick.
Thanks for the heads up. I've been all over all of those. I work for the power utility, I was actually out in the Don Warner Rd area working on a project when a lot of those killings were happening. Rado Ridge is alot of fun. Cr 2 from 564 to Fulda is called Otterslide by the locals, Cr2 from Dexter City to 564 is called Slippery Tit Rd in honor of an old bar that was over there. I may get on that route on the way back, taking a western route on the way there. There's a barn on Slippery Tit that I want to get a picture of.

Anytime you're over this way give me a shout, I'll be happy to tag along. Lately I've just been trying to put together cool gravel loops from roads I know.

ruppster screwed with this post 02-10-2013 at 06:31 AM
ruppster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #56473
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,469
Quote:
WTF do you need an Odessey for, shouldn't you be big pimping in an S2000 or something?

I had a good experience with Waikem, walked in, introduced myself, made my offer, gave my "demand" for my trade, gave him my license and SSN, and went home - in the car I was wanting to buy. Took literally 20 minutes. I signed the offer form and that was it.

Called me a few hours later and told me everything was ready. Went back, spent 20 minutes in the finance office, and drove home again in the new car.

We're currently buying a house, and that is fucking aggravating x 2 months. If I sign one more document, or get one more piece of conflicting info from the bank, I'm gonna freaking flip my wig.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #56474
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I've been all over all of those. I work for the power utility, I was actually out in the Don Warner Rd area working on a project when a lot of those killings were happening. Rado Ridge is alot of fun. Cr 2 from 564 to Fulda is called Otterslide by the locals, Cr2 from Dexter City to 564 is called Slippery Tit Rd in honor of an old bar that was over there. I may get on that route on the way back, taking a western route on the way there. There's a barn on Slippery Tit that I want to get a picture of.

Anytime you're over this way give me a shout, I'll be happy to tag along. Lately I've just been trying to put together cool gravel loops from roads I know.
Maybe this summer I can come down your way, I'd like to expand my knowledge of the southeast part of the state. Are you off only on weekends?

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #56475
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Meef

This is part of the little gravel loop from Caldwell you and I rode down there last year when you were out tagging. Sorg is the road we turned around on.