ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #60286
Anonawesome
Scenic Rider

Oddometer: 1,218
I go with the guys at Venturi Moto down in grandview. If you need some work or parts for an older bike, they're the guys. I'd be into meeting some of you, I've also been meaning to get in on some rides too.

Side note: I remember a long while ago some of you were having a discussion on seat covers. Anyone know what size staples I need?
Anonawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #60287
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Hey ruppster, you got some sweet roads down in Washington Co!

Alan and I got the tag earlier, hit The Galley for lunch, and then banged around in the area between 26, 7, 800, and 260. You ever been on Irish Ridge Road? There was a tree down so we couldn't ride all of it, but the section we rode had 3 water crossings, only one of which was "improved" with a sort of low water bridge.

I also believe we saw JustGo's Strom parked on Virginia Street in Marietta.
If I'm thinking of the right place, that was Jackson Run to Irish Run. :) one of my favorites. The water crossings actually had some grooved concrete in the bottoms? It would have been off of CR14, Archer's Fork? If you hang the left and continue out Irish Run, it goes through multiple slop holes and ends up at a nasty rocky uphill. Past the mud holes is not an ideal place for big bikes. :)

Did you continue out Jackson Run? It intersects County Nine and you hang a left to get over to 260. There is a white house that usually has some horses around at that intersection. Nine and 260 intersect at a location usually called "Yellow House" on maps. If so, that's my big bike route.

Yellow House http://www.mariettatimes.com/page/co...362/From-Yel..

If you would have sent me a message I could have met up with y'all, we could have ran gravel all the way to Woodsfield. Next time let me know. I swear most of the best riding in the state is in this area, but its likely because I know the routes.

ruppster screwed with this post 06-15-2013 at 06:10 PM
ruppster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #60288
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
If I'm thinking of the right place, that was Jackson Run to Irish Run. :) one of my favorites. The water crossings actually had some grooved concrete in the bottoms? It would have been off of CR14, Archer's Fork? If you hang the left and continue out Irish Run, it goes through multiple slop holes and ends up at a nasty rocky uphill. Past the mud holes is not an ideal place for big bikes. :)

Did you continue out Jackson Run? It intersects County Nine and you hang a left to get over to 260. There is a white house that usually has some horses around at that intersection. Nine and 260 intersect at a location usually called "Yellow House" on maps. If so, that's my big bike route.

Yellow House http://www.mariettatimes.com/page/co...362/From-Yel..

If you would have sent me a message I could have met up with y'all, we could have ran gravel all the way to Woodsfield. Next time let me know. I swear most of the best riding in the state is in this area, but its likely because I know the routes.
Yes, that's it. Those were the roads. The tree was down apparently before the nasty uphill because all we encountered was mud holes up to the tree. The water crossings were mostly natural creek bottom, only the one had the grooved concrete.

We hit the tag and that whole area kind of on a whim. We were eating breakfast at Peggy Sue's and were like: "What to do...oh, tag!"

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #60289
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,654
Sorry for any cross posting issues, but if anyone near Delaware/Columbus could lend a hand I'd sure appreciate it.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=896045
Old 06-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #60290
Rich B
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Talking VMD - Mid Ohio

Yea, screw the politics and whining its about old bikes and the people!

Been going to VMD since at least 96 or so. Doesn't seem like it has been that long

Been involved with a Brit bike group that sets up in the campground for like the last 10 years. Back in 2009, doing the Brit bike event suddenly became my problem . So, the event still goes on, Thursday to Sunday, just has.a bit of a different flavor.

If any of you are at VMD and need a place to escape the sun (or rain), your are welcome to stop by and say hello. We normally set up at the end of the first road in family camping we try for the corner at the end of the road. Look for the white canopies, Brit bikes of many flavors, and a banner that says: BritBike.com. Just ask for Rich or Ron, we are the hosts. You never know, we might even have adult beverages available. And if you bring your own we will have coolers with ice to keep your beverages cold!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #60291
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonawesome View Post

Side note: I remember a long while ago some of you were having a discussion on seat covers. Anyone know what size staples I need?
No longer than 1/4"

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #60292
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonawesome View Post

I have an air stapler and approx 980 staples that you are welcome to use

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #60293
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt100 View Post
Yep! I put my Mostrano SM kit on last night and my dad and I rode out to Eaton today to look at Urals (I want one). After Eaton we went ot Clinton County Motorsports, which was about 60 miles. Man! I go to get used to the buzziness. IT's not like my Bonneville, which is funny because it was considered buzzy...

I'm leaving the SM kit on it until after VMD. Every year I go to VMD. We leave on Thursday and come home Sunday. I'll post new about VMD. Maybe we can all meet in Lexington for some beers. I am ASSUMING you guys support VMD?
Been a bunch of times but usually just run up for a day then come home in the evening. I camped out one time and it was fun but I kind of felt trapped there. I mean I know you can leave and come back in but when you spend the money to be there I guess you wanna get the most out of it.
I hope to join some friends up there as usual and maybe do some fun areas around Mohican dam. Who knows, the options are always open.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #60294
tt100
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Been a bunch of times but usually just run up for a day then come home in the evening. I camped out one time and it was fun but I kind of felt trapped there. I mean I know you can leave and come back in but when you spend the money to be there I guess you wanna get the most out of it.
I hope to join some friends up there as usual and maybe do some fun areas around Mohican dam. Who knows, the options are always open.
Every year is about the same. We head out and meet at the coffee shop in Cedarville. Then we ride to Re-Psycle and look at whatever cool BMW stuff they have. After that we hit The Andersons in Columbus for good beers for that night. The ANderson is like the best gourmet food and beer place combined with a Home Depot. Then it's off to MotoOhio, which is only about 150 yards away so we go there and drool on the new bikes. After that we head up to Wooster to see Brian at All Season's and look at (drool on) the new Moto Guzzi's. Lots of droolin.... Brian's great. Once we're done there we head to Fast Eddie's in Bellville for Stromboli and strawberry laced garden salad.... and then Friday morning shake it off and head for the track!
tt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:01 AM   #60295
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
Archer's Fork

I remember that road. Thought the name was cool...I rode a part of it while covered bridge hunting down that way last summer:

the bridge was on CR9, on which I then rode east til Archer's Fork, which I used to loop back to 26.

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:48 AM   #60296
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer: 1,672
Vbd

VBD at Mid-Ohio is good but it is on the same weekend as Wauseon National. If you like old bikes (35 years & older) you will like it. They race the old board track bikes and show some really rear bikes there. Come spend a day and stop by spot #465 and say HELLO. You`ll see things there that you will never see at VBD`s . Best swap meet for old motorcycle stuff.

Fulton County Fairgrounds
Route 108
Wauseon,Ohio 43567

July 19-noon on the 21st
Old 06-16-2013, 06:30 AM   #60297
Anonawesome
Scenic Rider

Oddometer: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
I have an air stapler and approx 980 staples that you are welcome to use
No way that will be enough. I'll see if my dad has a stapler that small first.
Anonawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #60298
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Quote:
Alan and I got the tag earlier, hit The Galley for lunch, and then banged around in the area between 26, 7, 800, and 260. You ever been on Irish Ridge Road? There was a tree down so we couldn't ride all of it, but the section we rode had 3 water crossings, only one of which was "improved" with a sort of low water bridge.
One of my first posts here was after I took my V-Strom up Cullen Road/T 34 off of 26, almost my first time on gravel. I went up, but knew if I couldn't get out the top, I don't think I could have got it back down without dropping it. Seems tame enough now but it was very scary at the time.

Hupps Ridge/T 272 is pretty stupid if you get on the lower section off 145.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #60299
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,547
so, in two weeks (Sunday, June 30th) I'm take the MSF advanced class at this place:

Butler Technology & Career Development Schools (S) Hamilton, OH 45011

http://goo.gl/maps/Dv6PF

and am looking for a place close to spend the night of the 29th so I dont have to get up in the middle of the night and ride 120 miles to get there by 745 am.

is there anyone here who is close that will let me crash on their couch?

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301

sion screwed with this post 06-16-2013 at 08:45 PM
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #60300
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,709
Did you look in the tent space thread?

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote