ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #61831
Whitey1
"Whitebread"
 
Whitey1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Marion, Ohio
Oddometer: 9,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
The only snag was needing a 27mm socket. One trip to Sears and $30 later, I was back at it.





Why did you put the chain on backwards?
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #61832
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows
 
buildit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Simpsons home town Ohio
Oddometer: 13,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post


Why did you put the chain on backwards?
Wow, that's total noob mistake

I remember when you did that once Whitey and the darn bike almost flipped over on top of you.
__________________
Don't trust links? Google ADVFilmer for videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/advfilmer
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #61833
Whitey1
"Whitebread"
 
Whitey1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Marion, Ohio
Oddometer: 9,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Wow, that's total noob mistake

I remember when you did that once Whitey and the darn bike almost flipped over on top of you.
I went from wheelies to stoppies in a heart beat.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #61834
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows
 
buildit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Simpsons home town Ohio
Oddometer: 13,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
I went from wheelies to stoppies in a heart beat.
Which was so weird because you hadn't started the bike yet.
__________________
Don't trust links? Google ADVFilmer for videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/advfilmer
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #61835
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer
 
ArmyJoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post


Why did you put the chain on backwards?
Man, you almost had me there. If buildit hadn't piled on, I'd have been searching the Internet to double-check myself.

Less is more.
__________________
2009 Can-Am Spyder RS, 2008 Yamaha WR250R

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #61836
FireDog45
Mid-life crisis sufferer
 
FireDog45's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Centerburg, Ohio
Oddometer: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Them other fuckers ain't got maps, or what?

I would need to know by Thur am, I will probably go to WV and camp Thur night and just arrive at the rally straight from there Fri pm.
I'll be home from the station around 0900. Hopefully I'll have a better idea then.
FireDog45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #61837
krumgrinder
Gnarly Adventurer
 
krumgrinder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbgt89 View Post
I really liked 36 on the way out. Much better than I-40 which i took back for a good stretch. Probably the worst day of riding of my life. I had to get a rear tire though, so i had to head to oklahoma city.
Hey guys, I'm looking to find a route back from the KTM rally in a couple weeks; planning on heading south to Taos first (from Steamboat), then back to Columbus from there over two days. Was thinking it would be cool to slide through the Ozarks on the way back, maybe take US412 back through Enid and Tulsa and on that way... any suggestions?
__________________
Steve
No matter where you go, there you are...
2011 Adventure 990
2002 Concours (sold)
krumgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #61838
Whitey1
"Whitebread"
 
Whitey1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Marion, Ohio
Oddometer: 9,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
Man, you almost had me there. If buildit hadn't piled on, I'd have been searching the Internet to double-check myself.

Less is more.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #61839
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer
 
ArmyJoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by krumgrinder View Post
Hey guys, I'm looking to find a route back from the KTM rally in a couple weeks; planning on heading south to Taos first (from Steamboat), then back to Columbus from there over two days. Was thinking it would be cool to slide through the Ozarks on the way back, maybe take US412 back through Enid and Tulsa and on that way... any suggestions?
I was in Cuba, Missouri a few years back for a Spyder rally. I rode Missouri State Route 19 down to Mammoth Springs, Arkansas to eat at Fred's Fish House, which was featured on Anthony Bourdain's show, No Reservations. The route runs through state parks and national forests. There's also several natural springs in the area, where you can be amazed at the volume of water gushing out of the ground.

Map - http://goo.gl/maps/Q9XYU
Fred's Fish House - http://www.travelchannel.com/video/c...sh-house-11687

ETA Photos:

A mill with a spring



Fred's Fish House



Catfish plate

__________________
2009 Can-Am Spyder RS, 2008 Yamaha WR250R

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783

ArmyJoe screwed with this post 08-27-2013 at 09:21 PM
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:17 AM   #61840
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer
 
Mgbgt89's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Akron, Ohio
Oddometer: 1,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by krumgrinder View Post
Hey guys, I'm looking to find a route back from the KTM rally in a couple weeks; planning on heading south to Taos first (from Steamboat), then back to Columbus from there over two days. Was thinking it would be cool to slide through the Ozarks on the way back, maybe take US412 back through Enid and Tulsa and on that way... any suggestions?
64 from chama all the way through taos to cimmaron is a great road. One of the most fun roads i took out west. East of Cimmaron it straightens out and I doubt you'll find curves till eastern oklahoma.
Mgbgt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:19 AM   #61841
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BigOhio's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Muskrat Castle
Oddometer: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDog45 View Post
I'll be home from the station around 0900. Hopefully I'll have a better idea then.
I don't really want to do the rally ride but could be interested in tagging along for your exploring. I'm not an expert on the Moonville area but been through it a few times so let me know if it works out for you to split off on your own and I maybe able show.
__________________
Ouch, that hurts...
BigOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:56 AM   #61842
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDog45 View Post
I'll be home from the station around 0900. Hopefully I'll have a better idea then.
Perfect.
__________________
"A man turns his back on the comforts of home, and when the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road..." - DBT

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:44 AM   #61843
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben
 
SCQTT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Mike's Sky Rancho
Oddometer: 5,316
Whitey's first comment was perfect....simple & subtle. Not a lot of detail, just some curiosity.

Buildit would be a horrible fisherman, trying to set the hook 4 minutes after Whitey tossed it out there and almost a full hour before ArmyJoe nibbled.

Buildit is hereby banned from comedic set ups, until further notice.

Done right we could have strung ArmyJoe along for several pages and sent him on some wild chain direction searches.

More shooting while riding videos Buildit......I am 100% certain that if you continue with those something funny (but perhaps painful) will ensue.
__________________
This is SPARTA!
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #61844
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer
 
rxcrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: N Ridgeville OH
Oddometer: 1,237
To put a serious spin on it, you did put the master link clip on correctly, right?

__________________
'95+'95+'96 BMW R1100RS/RSL
AMA, OMTA (ohio organization), BRC, BMWMOA
rxcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #61845
krumgrinder
Gnarly Adventurer
 
krumgrinder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
I was in Cuba, Missouri a few years back for a Spyder rally. I rode Missouri State Route 19 down to Mammoth Springs, Arkansas to eat at Fred's Fish House, which was featured on Anthony Bourdain's show, No Reservations. The route runs through state parks and national forests. There's also several natural springs in the area, where you can be amazed at the volume of water gushing out of the ground.

Map - http://goo.gl/maps/Q9XYU
Fred's Fish House - http://www.travelchannel.com/video/c...sh-house-11687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbgt89 View Post
64 from chama all the way through taos to cimmaron is a great road. One of the most fun roads i took out west. East of Cimmaron it straightens out and I doubt you'll find curves till eastern oklahoma.
Thanks for the great suggestions guys, I will be working them in for sure. Fred's sounds great; really like Bourdain's picks. Yeah, after Cimarron and the mountains my goal is just to stay off of the interstates. Seriously though, I'll be in good stuff, both paved and un-, for at least five days (and very possibly six) so not going to complain about a couple days of flat & straight. Hell, I might even be ready for it.
__________________
Steve
No matter where you go, there you are...
2011 Adventure 990
2002 Concours (sold)
krumgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014