ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 05:21 AM   #61876
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
my only incident involved putting a Silverado bumper shaped divot into the door of a Santa Fe driven by a woman who thought that she could push her way in front of me at the Hudson River bridge toll booths, I just kept my pace and she merged right into me
I've always wanted to do that, but I like my truck. How do police and courts look upon a driver that had the opportunity to avoid an accident, but did not yield when they were not required to?

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:51 AM   #61877
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
So your Maine trip is off? :( How's the wife foot after surgery?
yeah, between my wife's foot and my back...a 2k weekend trip isnt in the cards...her foot's healing ok, but she cant put weight on it for 2 more weeks

Quote:

and my only incident involved putting a Silverado bumper shaped divot into the door of a Santa Fe driven by a woman who thought that she could push her way in front of me at the Hudson River bridge toll booths, I just kept my pace and she merged right into me....

that gonna be your toy hauler vehicle?

as for the NY area traffic...I noticed that the rule seemed to be whoever got the nose of their vehicle into a spot first got the spot. I could see how that might often lead to divots.

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:48 AM   #61878
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
I've always wanted to do that, but I like my truck. How do police and courts look upon a driver that had the opportunity to avoid an accident, but did not yield when they were not required to?
I dunno. She didn't stop and my truck wasn't hurt. Lets be honest, I was maintaining my lane and she tried to occupy the same space I was in. That was deliberate, not accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post

that gonna be your toy hauler vehicle?

as for the NY area traffic...I noticed that the rule seemed to be whoever got the nose of their vehicle into a spot first got the spot. I could see how that might often lead to divots.
I got it to haul stuff to VW shows and because it's friggin awesome. I cannot stand people who think they can haul ass by me and nose in after I did the responsible thing and waited my turn. I will broadside you if you think you can "just nudge in".

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #61879
FireDog45
Mid-life crisis sufferer

Oddometer: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Them other fuckers ain't got maps, or what?

I would need to know by Thur am, I will probably go to WV and camp Thur night and just arrive at the rally straight from there Fri pm.
I'll be exploring on the DR so if you want to host a DS school I'll attend.
FireDog45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #61880
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,552
What, no finger before she merged?

While I'd love to do the same thing, they crucify cdl holders normally in traffic court.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #61881
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,287
Quote:
I dunno. She didn't stop and my truck wasn't hurt. Lets be honest, I was maintaining my lane and she tried to occupy the same space I was in. That was deliberate, not accident.

I got it to haul stuff to VW shows and because it's friggin awesome. I cannot stand people who think they can haul ass by me and nose in after I did the responsible thing and waited my turn. I will broadside you if you think you can "just nudge in".
That driving seems to be normal for NY

Yes, it is awesome

Will you broadside a bike that slips past you as well?
Old 08-29-2013, 07:53 AM   #61882
mic_detonator
ride

Oddometer: 794
I think i'm in, i got some time available. I think for everyones sake i'll pretend to be a mime lol.
mic_detonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #61883
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 753
Quote:
Thanks for the traffic advice folks. I iron trucked it there and back, left my house at 5 am yesterday morning, picked up my buddy Tom, and we headed east. 1390 miles, 6 states, 5 tanks of fuel and one 40 min nap in a department store parking lot later, I was home with this by 7 am this morning...
Nice double cab, looks mostly there. Definitely needs tilt glass up front. You finish the 181 you bought earlier?
Old 08-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #61884
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeVeL View Post
I'm probably only going to commute there on the bike a couple of days of the week. Just to break up the monotony of the drive. And that may allow me to pick and choose the weather I want to ride in. The place I'm going to work at is in Wadsworth, and I live in Zanesville. The pay is pretty good and I think I'm going to enjoy working for ECS Tuning, otherwise I wouldn't consider such a long commute.
I've known the family that runs ECS tuning for about 30 years. They are good people. Route 83 would be a fun ride to work, but it would add some time.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #61885
krumgrinder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbgt89 View Post
If you end up in arkansas eat at the Ozark cafe in jasper. It was amazing and fairly cheap.
Love finding those little local joints to stop and eat at. After 30 years in the restaurant business I can always strike up a conversation with the help or the owners and have some fun. Thanks for the add'l tip!
2002 Concours (sold)
krumgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #61886
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by krumgrinder View Post
Love finding those little local joints to stop and eat at. After 30 years in the restaurant business I can always strike up a conversation with the help or the owners and have some fun. Thanks for the add'l tip!
From there you can head to the pig trail and spend the night at the Mulberry River Mountain Ranch. Explore the forest roads and trails in the area, then enjoy frog legs and peach cobbler at the Oark Cafe. If you get too hot, hit the river at Turner Bend or take the trail down to the falls on Mountain Creek and have a soak there.

http://goo.gl/maps/UNBwZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02fnjQ8a2rQ

http://mulberrymountainlodge.com/

http://turnerbend.com/
Old 08-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #61887
krumgrinder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
From there you can head to the pig trail and spend the night at the Mulberry River Mountain Ranch. Explore the forest roads and trails in the area, then enjoy frog legs and peach cobbler at the Oark Cafe. If you get too hot, hit the river at Turner Bend or take the trail down to the falls on Mountain Creek and have a soak there.

http://goo.gl/maps/UNBwZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02fnjQ8a2rQ

http://mulberrymountainlodge.com/

http://turnerbend.com/
Great stuff, taking notes!
2002 Concours (sold)
krumgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #61888
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
Nice double cab, looks mostly there. Definitely needs tilt glass up front. You finish the 181 you bought earlier?
Thanks. It's an AZ truck and is pretty clean, hence the reason I went clear to RI after it.

I have two Things right now. I got the original one I bought driving until it gets cold, then it is coming in for a full pan off, down to bare metal, everything new resto and will be going on ebay. My other one is a ratty 73 that I have slammed about 6" on a narrowed beetle beam, I'm probably going to keep that one for myself.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #61889
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
That driving seems to be normal for NY

Yes, it is awesome

Will you broadside a bike that slips past you as well?
If the rider is a prick and doesn't understand the concept of living in a civil society and common courtesy, then yes.

Edit, I will backpeddle slightly, I'm not referring to lane splitting, I am referring to sitting in line waiting to pay a toll or get off an exit and some jackass decides that they deserve to haul ass to the last moment before the exit and dive over. That shit drives me crazy and it is only a matter of time before I end up in a fist fight or shot on the side of the road.

Gonzo_Matt screwed with this post 08-29-2013 at 05:54 PM
Old 08-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #61890
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,552
Quote:
If the rider is a prick and doesn't understand the concept of living in a civil society and common courtesy, then yes.

Edit, I will backpeddle slightly, I'm not referring to lane splitting, I am referring to sitting in line waiting to pay a toll or get off an exit and some jackass decides that they deserve to haul ass to the last moment before the exit and dive over. That shit drives me crazy and it is only a matter of time before I end up in a fist fight or shot on the side of the road.
I hear motorcyclists hunt you down and shoot you in Delaware for that kinda stuff.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote