ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #63046
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
You can do Indy and that is a good shakedown cruise, but for a real adventure take a few days and ride down to Birmingham Alabama to the Barber vintage weekend (in October each year) The Barber Motorsports Museum is one of the best motorcycle museums in the world, plus they have a really nice racetrack there. This has taken over as the best motorcycle vintage event in the US, VMD at Mid-Ohio is just a shell of what it used to be. Thank the greedy AMA.

Not knocking Indy, the Moto GP is good & you should see a (flat track) mile some day, but Lima (Ohio) 1/2 mile is a better race & you get much closer to the action. I was a little disappointed with the Indy Mile.
Infield is the ONLY way to watch the mile. We used to stand up against the fence where the tunnels come under and talk to the marshals on the other side of the fence. Less than 20 feet from bikes going by sideways at 80-100. Most amazing experience of my life. The past few years they've had that area roped off, but you can still get fairly close. The downside is since its during the state fair now, they don't actually sell infield tickets anymore, so the loudspeakers aren't turned on out there.

Mgbgt89 screwed with this post 11-20-2013 at 01:29 PM
Mgbgt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #63047
BikerGeek99
Horizon Chaser

Oddometer: 1,273
Aerostitch AD1

I have a pair of Aerostitch AD1 riding pants that I'm gonna sell. I have since moved to a Transit Suit so all these do is take up space in the closet.

They are size 34L. I have a 32-inch inseam and these are a little long when not on the bike but are damn near perfect when on the bike.

I only used 'em for one riding season. They are in damn-near-new condition. No rips or spots or anything. There are still a few bug guts on the knees and a couple of stray cat hairs here and there.

They have the GoreTex lining magic stuff and I can say for sure that they are waterproof.

Thought I'd offer 'em up to someone local-ish so I don't have to ship them before putting them in the Flea Market.

$150 if we can meet up and hand 'em off.

PM me if you're interested.

- '09 FLHTCU
- '04 FJR1300
BikerGeek99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #63048
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,892
Anyone have a GPS file (or even just a digital copy of the route chart) from the latest Cabin Fever road enduro, that they could possibly email me?

I have a roll chart around here somewhere from the event, but I recall it was tearing in my roll chart holder towards the end, so I don't know how legible it will be.

LeVel and I are most likely going to do that route tomorrow starting around noon if anyone else is interested (shoot me a PM though, nothings set in stone yet).
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #63049
FireDog45
Mid-life crisis sufferer

Oddometer: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Unrelated: Anyone off tomorrow and want to ride? It looks like it'll be decent out. If no one else is interested, I'll have to stay home and work on the car. Don't make me stay home and work on the car.
What time and where were you thinking? Big bike or little? I have a 9:30 appt I have to make on my way home from work. If the timing and location work out I'd like to tag along.
FireDog45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #63050
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDog45 View Post
What time and where were you thinking? Big bike or little? I have a 9:30 appt I have to make on my way home from work. If the timing and location work out I'd like to tag along.
See 1 post up:
Probably meet at noon at the biker church in zanesville to run the cabin fever route from this past spring. Big bikeable back roads and dirt/gravel.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #63051
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 9,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
I would not be participating in a trip out west, but would loan an open or enclosed trailer to you guys to get your stuff out there.
Good man. I may need to borrow it sometime. I have been thinking of trailering up to Peggy Sues now that it is getting colder.

Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #63052
Screzzy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Anyone have a GPS file (or even just a digital copy of the route chart) from the latest Cabin Fever road enduro, that they could possibly email me?
Do you still need one? I have a .gpx file from tracks I made back in June. I don't know how useful it will be as it was my first time using basecamp.
Screzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #63053
lb1943
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
i have apaper route sheet from theroad enduro .ican meet you at the church at noon.LB
lb1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #63054
motodirtlover
Motodirtlover

Oddometer: 980
Larry, best put on your outriggers so everyone can catch up with you!

I have a hard time keeping up with you.
motodirtlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #63055
McTacticool
Importer/Exporter

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I only have a tent as a contingency.
Contingency being- while sleeping on the ground in an open parking lot in NE Oregon and it starts to rain at 1am.....
McTacticool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #63056
lb1943
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
K man i will ride ktm . not hard to keep up with.
lb1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #63057
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 9,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by McTacticool View Post
Contingency being- while sleeping on the ground in an open parking lot in NE Oregon and it starts to rain at 1am.....
That's a contingency, all right.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #63058
Benly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Quote:

I have a roll chart around here somewhere from the event, but I recall it was tearing in my roll chart holder towards the end, so I don't know how legible it will be.

LeVel and I are most likely going to do that route tomorrow starting around noon if anyone else is interested (shoot me a PM though, nothings set in stone yet).
Mike, I think I can hook you up. Looks like I only have your old work email. PM me your current one. Wish I could join you guys, but I have to work.
Benly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:43 AM   #63059
FireDog45
Mid-life crisis sufferer

Oddometer: 472
Quote:
See 1 post up:
Probably meet at noon at the biker church in zanesville to run the cabin fever route from this past spring. Big bikeable back roads and dirt/gravel.
Oops! I was reading from an iPhone and missed it. I'm out since I'm 1.5 hrs away and 15 min from being able to leave. Y'all have fun and be safe!
FireDog45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #63060
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
http://www.racerxonline.com/2013/11/...yan-longstreth

Cycra Racing's Brand Manager, Ryan Longstreth killed in a motorcycle accident on Saturday.

Good guy, was at Cycra for 18 years. I had never ridden with him, but people say he was a really great rider.

He hit a deer then a pickup truck. He was not wearing a helmet.

He leaves behind a wife and daughter.

This sucks, he was a good guy. Let's not turn this into a he was stupid for not wearing a helmet thing. We all take risks, some of us manage risks in a different way than others. The vast majority of Americans think we have a deathwish just getting on a motorcycle.

Went to the visitation last night. I heard his mom tell someone that the police later changed their mind to he was wearing a helmet, but it was dislodged due to the severity of the accident.

Just wanted to clear that up.

I thought it was really unusual for him to be officially reported as not wearing a helmet, very much out of character for him.

Scott