ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2007, 01:36 PM   #7726
medler

Oddometer: n/a
Need a ride for this week for Nov 16 to Nov 17 - '07

I need to go on an overnight ride leaving from Cols., OH - moved here from California so I don't know to many rides out here.

I will need a recommendation where to stay the night like an old inn (nothing to expensive like over $150 per night) and good food (no chain restaurants).

I use a Garmin Zumo gps on occasion so if you have a route drawn I can use that.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:39 PM   #7727
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah
Previously it's always been arrive circa 6:00 - 6:30 pm.

You coming?
Still in Columbus

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:44 PM   #7728
Castle
Red Cloud Slept Here

Oddometer: 1,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by medler
I need to go on an overnight ride leaving from Cols., OH - moved here from California so I don't know to many rides out here.

I will need a recommendation where to stay the night like an old inn (nothing to expensive like over $150 per night) and good food (no chain restaurants).

I use a Garmin Zumo gps on occasion so if you have a route drawn I can use that.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!!
It ain't all that far away, but the Stockport Inn in Stockport, OH is nice and is near a whole bunch of great riding roads. Essentially any road to the east of Stockport is decent riding (other than I-77).

Another option are any of the inns between Coshocton and Millersburg/Sugarcreek. Good riding roads. Try the Apple Butter Inn in Roscoe Village or the very California-like Inn at Honey Run near Millersburg. You could even stop at a few "wineries" for a tasting.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:49 PM   #7729
medler

Oddometer: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle
You could even stop at a few "wineries" for a tasting.
While I can appreciate a glass of wine - I'll take beer over it any day

Thanks
Old 11-14-2007, 04:22 PM   #7730
sangfroid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 707
Quote:
Dragged Meredith to the range today as my afternoon court session got cancelled (sorry Cyrus).
No problem, Mark. I shot with Mt. Orab Swat last night, from about 1630 to 1930: about 300 rnds through the Mini-14 (yeah, I know; I used to ride a KLR ), 10 rnds through the 870, and about 200 rnds through my duty/off duty handguns, all in the fog and the mist and the dark. Shooting after dark is a hell of a good time! MOPD got out the full autos and had a rattle-battle for about 2 minutes...woohooo!
I'm having a low light class for my department on Monday, so I'll get some more in.

(...pfft... Weaver shooters...... )

BEAN
Old 11-14-2007, 04:43 PM   #7731
flashover604
tailgunner

Oddometer: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit
For those who don't get outside the safety of this thread, Riders from ADV got 1st and 3rd place in Treaty City today riding in mud, rain and cold! Rob got first and Sparky got 3rd. Kory and Tom placed, see the Greenville Peace Pipe thread for details and give them a big congrats!

Rob is still in shock that he won!

Hey Rob, heard you were runnin' some kinda Monster Knob Tire on the rear of the 640. What was it?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:09 PM   #7732
Sparkster
Live seriously.

Oddometer: 1,240
Pissed

Quote:
Paper targets are fun. But cars are more fun! Nice of the SWAT boyz to leave this thing at the range. I believe it was towed out of a parking violation...

Bahh
You coulda told me there would be a car to shoot. I can shoot pieces of wood and paper any time but a car would be fun!
Sparkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:33 PM   #7733
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkster
Bahh
You coulda told me there would be a car to shoot. I can shoot pieces of wood and paper any time but a car would be fun!
Your loss, Mr. Mom. I'll probably go again tomorrow afternoon, after 1:30 court, if you want to go. The .22 pistol is just too much fun to shoot...

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:10 PM   #7734
9Dave
Bazinga!

Oddometer: 12,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashover604
Hey Rob, heard you were runnin' some kinda Monster Knob Tire on the rear of the 640. What was it?
A Bigazzzzzz Cheng Shin, I believe. It had so much grip he said he couldn't get it spinning to get "up on plane" in the cornfields

I think it was this one

EDIT - Fixt

Cheng Shin C760 Knobby MX Tires-Rear

Popular 5x4 knob pattern. Special rubber compounds for maximum grip. Works especially well on hard rock and dry surfaces.

dunno.....

9Dave screwed with this post 11-15-2007 at 03:34 PM
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:23 PM   #7735
QUICKDRAW
Bug Murderer

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-950
A Bigazzzzzz Cheng Shin, I believe. It had so much grip he said he couldn't get it spinning to get "up on plane" in the cornfields

I think it was this one

Cheng Shin SurCross MX Tires-Rear

Race proven rubber compound delivers excellent traction and long-lasting wear. Reinforced sidewall offers excellent stability and torque-wrenching performance. Wide spaced tread pattern produces a self-cleaning effect for continuous grip in loose conditions. Sharp outer knobs dig deep when corneriing, while the tall center lugs provide immediate acceleration and braking.

I don't know..... HOWEVER.... I doubt it was that POS Dave. That looks like a mud trap! For Greenville, I would bet he got one of these:

This one is a Cheng Shin C760 - $50 bucks! We'll have to wait till he checks in.

BTW - They make this tire in a 17" version (shown above on my GS) for all you KLR / GS fans out there.

-Shawn
QUICKDRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:50 AM   #7736
iceweazel
mechanic-ly inclined

Oddometer: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah
Previously it's always been arrive circa 6:00 - 6:30 pm.

You coming?

Dragged Meredith to the range today as my afternoon court session got cancelled (sorry Cyrus).

It was nice to have a magazine loader...

1500 rounds (of .22) goes pretty quickly. Only way we could've inhaled more lead is if we were playing with Chink toys... although I was chewing on Aqua Dots.
Be nice to that magazine loader. get her one of those tasty little speed loaders for those .22s. http://zaliznockindustries.com/outdoors.htm I HIGHLY recommend those things. work like a charm for me. Load a mag in like 5 seconds. dump, shake, push in and yank out Granted, I don't have 22/45s though. Just an old regular markII.

Ed
iceweazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:59 AM   #7737
rob748
resident alien !!!!

Oddometer: 835
tire

yes it was the C760 good for mud and mud holes but a bit stiff and scary for a DS tire unless you want to get side ways on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stofte
I don't know..... HOWEVER.... I doubt it was that POS Dave. That looks like a mud trap! For Greenville, I would bet he got one of these:

This one is a Cheng Shin C760 - $50 bucks! We'll have to wait till he checks in.

BTW - They make this tire in a 17" version (shown above on my GS) for all you KLR / GS fans out there.

-Shawn
rob748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:56 AM   #7738
rob748
resident alien !!!!

Oddometer: 835
wife !

So Shawn when l invite you over its not to fondle my wife
come to think about it l fill left out, your wife is as bad as you !
I don't see larry's new girlfriend in the picture ?
rob748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:06 PM   #7739
QUICKDRAW
Bug Murderer

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob748
I guess that means you have a free pass! Give CJ one glass of wine and she will start taking her clothes off. Speaking of wives... did Dawn and CJ say we were getting together for dinner this weekend?

Larry said last night that he wasn't into her, for some reason???

-S
QUICKDRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:22 PM   #7740
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer: 1,646
wife !

Larry`s new girlfriend??? Hell, I want that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one,and that one over there,and the one beside her,and the other one,and her friend, and WAIT A MINUTE....where`s Connies hand?