Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2008, 07:30 AM   #166
CPOPE
Not 2 old 2 ride

Oddometer: 154
Great job, report and pictures Bacon. Sure wish you could talk, I bet there are some great stories here.
www.hometownvalues.biz
CPOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:46 AM   #167
Timmer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,214
Bacon's been a riding, but the trips haven't been posted to this thread. Perhaps Ladybug0048 could do that.

In any event, BACON will be handed off to a WET side rider at the Desert 100 event in Odessa this Saturday.

Let's get ready to welcome him to the Wet side.
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #168
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 9,889
Bacon was handed off a few hours ago in Ritzville, WA. To get him ready for the wet side we rode over in on and off rain OK now on with the ride report that I'm way behind on.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:55 PM   #169
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

March 10, 2008

Lushbug and I got to see some wonderful scenery in Mexico while riding with other ADVriders.

Baldy, Speedy, Lushbug and me

My friends Live2Ride and Ladybug, theyíre wearing their ride shirts for a party ride theyíre going to in July thatís being hosted by Raindog

Lunch time

March 11, 2008

Back in the United States it was time to check out more things.

I loved the Southern CA desert

Joshua Tree National Park was the next thing on the agenda.

Lushbug and I wanted to get up in a Joshua Tree and really check out the flower and with a little help from Ladybug we climbed up there. COOL! But, those green things are sharp and poke - - - Ouch.

We stopped at a cactus garden; those cacti looked soft but trust me when I tell you they werenít.

We spent the night in Twentynine Palms, CA with the plan to return and spend more time in Joshua Tree then take our time going through the Mojave National Preserve. Then Ladybug got a call from Live2Ride and we were off to Death Valley to meet him and friends.

March 12, 2008

The ride took us on a section of the old Route 66 just outside of Amboy, CA

Old 04-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #170
indianscout
Dexter

Oddometer: 617
Your the man Bacon....er, uh I mean pig...or....aww hell, just have fun and keep us posted.
indianscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:08 PM   #171
Timmer
Beastly Adventurer

BACON is about to get some serious notoriety via the AMA. Stay tuned. . .
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Old 04-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #172
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Mojave National Preserve was the next stop on the ride.

I was starting to get dizzy with all the U-turns Ladybug was doing on the Superbug to take pictures of the flowers and scenery. I like pretty flowers and scenery but gee whiz ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ I was starting to wonder if we really were going to Death Valley or not. To top it off she wanted me to get out and play in the flowers but thatís just not the thing that a macho pig is about to do. I did like this view though.

Then we were there.

At Death Valley we camped with a few other ADVriders and connected with Live2Ride again. The next morning we then headed out again first thing in the morning riding with Live2Ride for a few hours.

We found this spot in Death Valley, look at all those pretty flowers.

Then we climbed out of the valley and headed into Nevada

Ladybug and Live2Ride then took me to a ghost town called Rhyolite, NV

While there checking out the abandoned buildings Live2Ride received a call from his friend Pat who was on his way home from Baja and had chest pains. He was at the hospital in Winnemucca and would be airlifted to Reno. Live2Ride would be headed to Winnemucca to get Patís pickup for him and drive it home. Pat had hauled his bike to CA to start the Baja ride.

We decided to go ahead and check out the some of the locals before Live2Ride headed out. Iíd always heard that ghosts were frightening and evil but these ghosts were very friendly.

One of the locals took Lushbug and I for a ride on his bike.

Lushbug and I then decided to go visit with the town counsel.

Live2Ride was relaxing on a couch, we could tell he was terribly worried about his best friend Pat in the hospital. We hung out with him for a bit to help console him.

After leaving Rhyolite we all went to Beatty for breakfast and said good-bye to Live2Ride a short while later.

I enjoyed the views of the Nevada dessert

As we riding along I was seeing something off in the distance that I didnít think I liked the looks of. What the heck is that white stuff on the Sierra Mountains?

Ladybug told me not to worry, the snow was at high elevations and we wouldnít be going up that high. We rode into Carson City, NV and spent the night.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:00 PM   #173
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

March 12, 2008

The next morning when we went out I saw the snow was a lot lower than what Ladybug had said. We headed off even though it was cold and very windy and rode up the mountain the Virginia City, NV

After checking out Virginia City we dropped down to Reno and went to the hospital to check on Pat. He was feeling much better and in good spirits. I was so dirty from all the riding I hid under Ladybugs coat while we were going in and out so the nurses didnít kick us out for contaminating the cleanliness of the hospital.

After visiting with Pat the weather kept getting worse and worse, we decided to stop in Suzanneville, CA for the night, we hadnít made it far but it was time to stop.

March 13, 2008

We headed out again and started finding way to much snow on the roads. Ladybug kept me safely contained in a bag so no pictures were taken. After riding in snow for about 40 miles of the 100 miles from Suzanneville, CA to Altarus, CA Ladybug decided it was time to suck it up, do the safe thing and call for a truck ride the rest of the way home. Her friend Rainbow007 drove her pickup the 800 miles to come and get us. THANKS Rainbow007. As we were traveling north in the pickup we encountered many areas on the road that had way to much snow to be able to ride, it was a very good thing we were in a pickup.

Ladybug and Rainbow got me back to Spokane, WA safely and there were more adventures ahead. I was soon to meet some of the Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho ADVriders.

But first it was time to get cleaned up and get rid of some of that Baja dust and dirt that I was coated with. Ah a nice hot bubble bath with Lushbug and a bottle of Moose Drool, what more could a pig ask for.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #174
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

With Ladybug being back to work and no other ADVriders riding Lushbug and I spent the work days hanging out, relaxing but the weekends were full of fun.

Ladybug told me a story about a place called Hog Lake that was out in Channeled Scablands. Hmmmmm this sounded interesting, I wonder if it belongs to any of my relatives?

When we went to the bike I discovered we werenít taking the Superbug on this ride we were taking a BMW, what theÖÖ..? Where did that come from? OK Iíve been on other BMWs and always like riding them so this was a good thing.

I wanted to ride out in the wind like a real rider but Ladybug said as long as I didnít have proper riding gear (a helmet) I had to ride inside. She then showed me the luxury accommodations Lushbug and I would be riding in, hey this isnít bad at all.

We headed to Rockford, WA to meet a few other riders: SaPPer, Rainier Rider, Rainbow007, Live2Ride, and Airhead Bruce.

There was a little guy there that I wanted to meet, he thought me hanging out with all these tough bikers was pretty funny. He was a nice kid.

SaPPer had been looking forward to meeting me, heís another nice ADVrider

We had breakfast

Then we found our way to Hog Lake

Thereís the lake and Rainbow007

My buddy Live2Ride and friends Lushbug, Speedy, Mooch, and Baldy

The guys thought it was time that I learned to fish so they got me a pole and a line. Gee this is sort of fun.

I caught my first fish!!

Rainier Rider taught me about Keystone Light, I have to agree with Rainier Rider, Moose Drool is better and I liked that Pacifico stuff in Mexico too but this Keystone Light stuff is welllllllll, light. At the same time it was a pretty good way to end an exceptionally good day.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #175
johnnyandjebus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
The pic on bacon in the bathroom sink made me laugh out loud
a very cool idea, I will have to go back to the beginning of this thread to get caught up
johnnyandjebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #176
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

After a week of Spokane, WA receiving records snowfalls for this time of year I was told by Ladybug we would be riding this weekend because of the snow. What? No riding, bummer now what?

Just as I thought this was going to be a boring weekend Ladybug said we have plans, we were going to meet Rainier Rider and Rainbow007 at the mall? What the heck is a mall and why do we want to go there? Then Ladybug told me it was time that I get a helmet so I can ride in the wind like Iíve been wanting. Oh goodie, this could be fun.

Time to shop, letís start with casual wear. Naw, this hat is just way too dorky

Rainbow007 and Rainier Rider helps Bacon with a different one. This one has promise

Rainier Rider helped me select another ensemble

Ah yes, this will make SaPPer proud

We finally found a helmet, eye protection and elbow guards for dirt riding. With the helmet purchased it was time to head to Rockford, WA to go have dinner with Live2Ride.

Rainier Rider and Bacon look at the menu and discuss what they are going to have for dinner.

I wanted to wear my casual hat, not my helmet. I was inside after all.

Bacon and Lushbug share an after dinner beer.

Even though I had a helmet, eye protection and even a cool cap I still wasnít completely set for riding. I didnít have a jacket, have you ever tried to find jackets in my size? Thatís not an easy task but Live2Rideís girlfriend Robin found me one. Ladybug took me out to meet them and I got my new riding jacket. The three of us look mighty fine all wearing our black leather jackets.

Even though I was having fun with Ladybug and friends it was time for me to move on. Ladybug had been working out a handoff plan for me to be able to catch a ride with the next ADVrider for the last week. The plan was for me to ride the Desert 100 with her Saturday then be handed of to TimF650GS to head over to the Wetside (Seattle area). As sometimes happens the plan changed by the end of the week. TimF650GS wasnít going to be able to make it to the Desert100 and Ladybug was going to have to work that day. She was determined to get me to the Desert100 and be able to do the ride. Plans changed but it was still going to workout.

With my new riding gear I was now able to ride in the wind like I wanted to do and Ladybug found me a good place to ride on her bike. I got to be right there in the front so I would have a good view.

She even got me an ADV sticker and an AMA pin for my new jacket.

Rainier Rider met us and we were on our way to Ritzville, WA but whatís with these spots on the windshield? I said I wanted to ride in the wind not in the rain. Ladybug said she was getting me prepared for the next leg of my adventure over on the wetside. Well, OK Iím game for whatís ahead.

Oh goodie, the rain let up a bit

This was my last ride with Ladybug0048

Lushbug gave me a hug and kiss good-bye. Iíll miss the little lush, whoís going to give me beer now?

Then I got to meet Tantrum

Tantrum agreed to take me on the Desert100 ride on her DR200, Herbie. A DR200, Gosh, thatís what Superbug is - - - Iíll be right at home there and I heard rumor Iíll be handed off to WaAdvRider for the ride back to the wetside and someone said he rides a Dakar, another bike Iím comfortable with. Oh yes!!! Many more good times are ahead.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:27 PM   #177
auRoscoe
Cerebral Failure!

Oddometer: 460
Oh man, some awesome pictures there, go Bacon!

auRoscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #178
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Thumb A few status while Bacon was with me.

Bacon was with me for close to a month, a little long but there aren't alot of people traveling in or out of the Pacific Northwest via motorcycle right now as the passes aren't very passable but I'm sure that is soon to change.

While Bacon was with me we visited two countries, Mexico and the United State. We rode in Arizona, California, Nevada, Washington and Idaho, had to do Oregon in a truck because of snow.

Bacon rode on the Superbug for a total of 1738 miles and rode on my '99 BMW F650 for 170 miles.

Ride on Bacon you have much, much more to see and many more ADVriders to meet and motorcycles to ride.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:55 PM   #179
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,313
Wow, great report! More pictures of bacon then I posted on my CC in sept!
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:12 PM   #180
Timmer
Beastly Adventurer

Great update Ladybug0048.

Maybe when BACON gets to the Wetside he'd like to ride on a luxury touring bike to compensate for those rugged d/s bikes??
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100